Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    eauclare is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    11

    Any trade hinges on Falcons

    and their desire for Dorsey. I have heard owner Arthur Blank is more set on QB Ryan. If this is true, Dorsey is out as a trading partner with the Rams.

    I don't see the Rams dropping down past #6 with the Jets.

    Pick 4: Oakland=McFadden They don't need Dorsey considering the crazy $$$ they spent on their DL this offseason.

    Pick 5: Chiefs= Brandon Albert or Ryan Clady. They will go OL no matter what.

    Pick 6: Jets=Gholston. He is the perfect fit for the Jets 3-4 and they don't need Dorsey.

    So, if the Falcons really want Matt Ryan, the Rams won't have a trading partner. The Saints at #10 would have to give up their round 1, 2 and 3. They only have six picks. The Rams won't ake a 2009 pick if they offer.

    So, as I have said before, thay leaves the Rams eeither Dorsey or Chris long. It WILL be Dorsey.


  2. #2
    Falconator Guest

    Re: Any trade hinges on Falcons

    Quote Originally Posted by eauclare View Post
    and their desire for Dorsey. I have heard owner Arthur Blank is more set on QB Ryan. If this is true, Dorsey is out as a trading partner with the Rams.

    I don't see the Rams dropping down past #6 with the Jets.

    Pick 4: Oakland=McFadden They don't need Dorsey considering the crazy $$$ they spent on their DL this offseason.

    Pick 5: Chiefs= Brandon Albert or Ryan Clady. They will go OL no matter what.

    Pick 6: Jets=Gholston. He is the perfect fit for the Jets 3-4 and they don't need Dorsey.

    So, if the Falcons really want Matt Ryan, the Rams won't have a trading partner. The Saints at #10 would have to give up their round 1, 2 and 3. They only have six picks. The Rams won't ake a 2009 pick if they offer.

    So, as I have said before, thay leaves the Rams eeither Dorsey or Chris long. It WILL be Dorsey.
    EauClaire,

    I don't think the Falcons will trade with the Rams - not unless the Rams take some ridiculously low offer like a 4th round pick or something - if Rams were going to take Chris Long anyway, maybe they would entertain that offer - doubtful though. I do think that Glen Dorsey is Falcons #1 target but Matt Ryan is probably a close 2nd.

    Falcons need to keep all of their picks. If they trade up it won't be with their #3 pick to the Rams, it will be because their #3 selection was something other than Matt Ryan. I do think you will see Falcons package a couple of 2nd rounders to move up into 1st round to possibly select Brian Brohm......if so, they would not trade to move up for Glen Dorsey.

    Sooooooo, I don't really see a trade with Falcons eauclaire - it only is going to make sense if Rams did not want Dorsey anyway - Falcons are not giving up a 2nd rounder to move up one spot to take Dorsey......won't happen.
    Last edited by Falconator; -04-22-2008 at 05:22 PM.

  3. #3
    eauclare is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Any trade hinges on Falcons

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    EauClaire,

    I don't think the Falcons will trade with the Rams - not unless the Rams take some ridiculously low offer like a 4th round pick or something - if Rams were going to take Chris Long anyway, maybe they would entertain that offer - doubtful though.

    Falcons need to keep all of their picks. If they trade up, it will be because their #3 selection was something other than Matt Ryan. I do think you will see Falcons package a couple of 2nd rounders to move up into 1st round to possibly select Brian Brohm......if so, they would not trade to move up for Glen Dorsey.

    Sooooooo, I don't really see a trade with Falcons eauclaire - it only is going to make sense if Rams did not want Dorsey anyway - Falcons are not giving up a 2nd rounder to move up one spot to take Dorsey......won't happen.
    I think they would give up 2nd round pick #48 overall, if they really wanted Dorsey. They have 3 2nd round picks.

    My point was the only way this happens is if the Falcons wouldn't want Ryan at #3 and had to have Dorsey. From what I've heard this is not the case.

    I think the Rams would swap picks and take C. Long in round 1 if they could add another 2nd rounder. If the Falcons could live with Ryan at #3 and look for a DT early in round 2, there is no need for them to make a trade.

  4. #4
    Falconator Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eauclare View Post
    I think they would give up 2nd round pick #48 overall, if they really wanted Dorsey. They have 3 2nd round picks.

    My point was the only way this happens is if the Falcons wouldn't want Ryan at #3 and had to have Dorsey. From what I've heard this is not the case.

    I think the Rams would swap picks and take C. Long in round 1 if they could add another 2nd rounder. If the Falcons could live with Ryan at #3 and look for a DT early in round 2, there is no need for them to make a trade.
    Thomas Dimitroff is a pretty cool customer - I think he will approach draft as not having a "must have" player.....he's from the Patriots - they just don't trade up much.

    Falcons will just "wait" and see what the Rams do......at this point, my guess is about 60% chance the Rams take Dorsey and 40% chance the Rams take Chris Long.........If I was Dimitroff, I would just "gamble" there and see what happens......Falcons have worked hard to get all these picks, they won't pizz them away so quickly......

    Plus, it seems like Rams have been putting it "out there" how much they love Dorsey - I think it could just be "smoke". we shall see Don't be suprised if Falcons "try" to deal out of the #3 slot if Rams take Dorsey - I think that will be Falcons first option. If not, they will take Matt Ryan.....who knows, after we take Matt Ryan - maybe the Ravens deal the Falcons the #8 pick and #38 - ala the Manning/Rivers swap a few years ago....

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
  2. Falcons to trade QB Schaub to Texans
    By Goldenfleece in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -03-22-2007, 06:49 AM
  3. FALCONS: "No plans" to trade Vick
    By Nick in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -01-24-2007, 09:23 AM
  4. Abraham to the Falcons?
    By Goldenfleece in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-17-2006, 07:04 PM
  5. Rams need answers to Falcons' pass rush
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-13-2005, 05:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •