Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Anybody know why Shazor wasn't drafted?

I couldn't help noticing Ernest Shazor (SS) was not drafted. Based on what the analysts seemed to be saying about him prior to the draft, he seemed to be one of the more highly regarded safeties. Gil Brandt had him listed as the 3rd best at his position behind Thomas Davis and Donte Nicholson. I believe there were some questions about his speed that led some to suggest he might be a linebacker in the NFL, and he hurt his stock at the combine by lack of participation. Still, the last I had heard he was projected to go in the late 2nd or 3rd round. Does anybody know anything more? He might be a nice cheap free agent pick-up.

general counsel Guest

Re: Anybody know why Shazor wasn't drafted?

Nick posted earlier that apparantly his 40 time was very slow. Maybe like shane walton, our former guy, a college all american who despite his ball skills and/or hitting ability is too slow to play safety and not big enough to play linebacker. I too was very surprised that he wasnt drafted.

general counsel

rampete is offline Registered User

Re: Anybody know why Shazor wasn't drafted?

i think shazor drew some attention, negative that is, to himself by first, running a relatively slow time of 4.69 and 4.72 at his proday workout. secondly, he walked off the field at that point w/o an explanation to the scouts on hand, later claiming that he had injured his hamstring. he didn't do any of the position skills test...