Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mooselini Guest

Re: Anyone noticed that the Rams havent said much about Chris Long at all?

It's a clever thing they are doing. They won't mention Chris Long until the draft day. They'll say we want Dorsey to try to get a trade working out. If it doesn't work, they'll take Chris Long like that.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i wouldnt count out the Falcons picking someone like Joe Flacco at the top of the second round though...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Ssshhhh! Chris Long is our rookie but, **quietly (whisper) please**.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

First, Falconator is exactly right, and said exactly like I say whenever people suggest a trade down. It takes two to tango, and you need to find a team willing to move up, paying you a ton in the process, and pay the pick a ton as well. That's extremely hard to do. The Falcons won't trade up, same as the Chiefs won't trade up. Remember, the Falcons have those picks because they gave up good players to get them.

Second, it's still perfectly reasonable to talk up Jake and Dorsey, even if Chris is our guy because it pressures Miami into continuing to offer him a contract, and it pressures Atlanta to THINK about trading up, but as I've said, they won't. The added benefit is that Chris doesn't show up on Miami's radar at all, which would let them pressure us into thinking of trading up.

starfoxx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Ive heard a lot of quotes from the Rams regarding Glenn Dorsey, thats for sure. And a fair few about Jake Long as well.
    If you read the updates about Chris Longs pro day, you read all kinds of quotes of Scott Linehan talking about Chris Long. He even gave an interview on Chris Long to one of the local Virginia News Station. Same with all the other top prospects. I wouldn't be worried about it.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Ok, so we all know that theres alot of rumors that Haslet loves Dorsey, alot of media has been saying this, but doesnt that make it too obvious that maybe Chris is our real choice...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    If Falcons take Glen Dorsey or Jake Long at #3(or move up w/ you guys and have to give up a draft pick) - well then the Falcons still need to "move up" to get their franchise QB. The Falcons also need major help on the offensive line - if Dorsey is the pick at #2 and we have to give you guys one of our 2nd rounders to move up - well, then that does not leave the Falcons with a lot of picks - if Falcons have to give up a 2nd rounder to secure Dorsey from the Rams and then the Falcons have to trade two 2nd rounders to move up into 1st round for Brian Brohm - then that leaves the Falcons with two players (Dorsey/Brohm) and it took four picks to grab the two players - that will NOT happen. Then, they would come out of this draft with no impact offensive linemen - they need two.
    I don't think that's the only possible scenario, though.

The Falcons could swap firsts with the Rams and give St. Louis one of their second round picks (#48). They then take Dorsey, and still have a shot at Flacco/Henne as well as Baker/Collins/Brown with their other second round picks.

Yes, it would decrease their ability to move up to Brohm, but unless they feel he's the only franchise-caliber QB, then they have other options available to them.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Ive not heard anything about Chris Long for a while now it seems, the only thing ive noticed the Rams say is Devaney saying that playing against the run is Chris Long's forte, thats it

does that suggest the Rams arent interested, or does this show he is really the Rams desired player?
    I brought this up a few days ago. I believe there is a strong possibility that C. Long is the Ram's first choice and they're purposely trying to show as much or more interest in the other top three players as a smoke screen.
    There's really no benefit in talking up the player that you really want.

Rambos is offline Registered User

It takes two to tango, and you need to find a team willing to move up, paying you a ton in the process
    Not always... If Jake is the first pick and Alanta wants Dorsey, I don't see that costing them a ton. If we get C. Long at 3 and could get added value with a 5th round pick or a vet, it's a win,win. They get their man we get ours and a little more.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-17-2008 at 11:52 AM.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Well that would be all well and fine Rambos. I'd be fine with getting a mid-low round pick to trade down one spot. The issue is that the majority of the fan base would look at it, compare it to the trade value chart and scream bloody murder. They wouldn't look at it from the getting our guy for an extra pick and less money way that some of us in the Clan would. For me, a 5th would be less that I'd want, but nonetheless just dandy if we still got Chris Long.

Drummerman1011 Guest

I agree with everyone. I think its all a strategy. Chris Long is an awesome guy. After seeing all these interviews with him today, it really makes me want him drafted by us. Down to earth guy and an awesome defender. He was saying how hes only had contact with the dolphins, rams, and raiders. With dolphins going with jake long and making it public really. Chris Long practically belongs with us. I hope they make the right decision.

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerman1011 View Post
    I agree with everyone. I think its all a strategy. Chris Long is an awesome guy. After seeing all these interviews with him today, it really makes me want him drafted by us. Down to earth guy and an awesome defender. He was saying how hes only had contact with the dolphins, rams, and raiders. With dolphins going with jake long and making it public really. Chris Long practically belongs with us. I hope they make the right decision.
    Great post. As he said, he's not blowing smoke, he doesn't care how much money he makes, where he gets drafted, he wants to make an impact.

According to the interview, we did contact him. We have talked to Chris and it seems like it'll be a good future for him in Blue and Gold. :l

I really like Chris Long as a person and a player. he's going to make an amazing impact in our Rams sqaud. I think Dorsey is the smoke screen this year to get Atlanta to give us a little bit for their man. This way we snag Chris Long at #3 plus a few other things from the Falcons.

Rambos is offline Registered User

The issue is that the majority of the fan base would look at it, compare it to the trade value chart and scream bloody murder. They wouldn't look at it from the getting our guy for an extra pick and less money way that some of us in the Clan would. For me, a 5th would be less that I'd want, but nonetheless just dandy if we still got Chris Long.
    I'm hearing there is a new chart teams are using no sure if its true, we would also save cash on him at three. Look at the fins I hear they may pass on the first pick too try and save money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12