Chrisbob Guest

Anyone want to GM the Rams?

I'm running a GM game on another board and lost my Rams GM yesterday.

The game involves running the Rams, doing some free agent moves (in thread form), trading players and picks and then doing a draft in a combination of a live chat (1st two rounds) and in thread form (the remaining 7 rounds).

I also have the Packers up for grabs. Anyone interested take a look here and then PM me.

This game is NOT run on a server and does NOT cost anything to play........just time.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Anyone want to GM the Rams?

I'm interested, though you might have to walk me through how this whole thing works.

EDIT: It doesn't look like you guys take the cap into consideration, am I right?
    Last edited by Nick; -02-23-2005 at 04:27 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Chrisbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I'm interested, though you might have to walk me through how this whole thing works.

EDIT: It doesn't look like you guys take the cap into consideration, am I right?
    No, no cap.

Basically, you take over your team, and you take their roster as of March 2nd (start of free agency).

You get the chance to resign one of your own free agents via a first come first served thread.

Then we have 4 unrestricted free agent threads, again, on a first come first served basis that last 24 hours each. You can either sign guys of the free agent list or again resign more of your own teams players.

You can trade picks and players (including the guys you resign) and then we do a college draft, partly in a chat room (although you can send your picks in) and then in thread form.

I tried to sort a server out but didn't have enough time so it's being done in a forum. Rules and a free agent and draft list are all regularly updated. PM me or visit the link in my orginal post and register then post there.

Hope you decide to join in, should be fun.

Sounds good. What time on March 2nd will the threads be opened? Will it be at midnight at the very start of the day, or some later time in the day? I only ask because it's first come first serve.

And since the Rams have already franchised Orlando Pace, I don't have to worry about him, right?

Also, how will exclusive-rights free agents work? Do I have to spend my one signing a day on tendering them an offer if I want to keep them, or since they're exclusive, can I assume they'll be on the roster?

I guess I should be thankful the Rams don't have many free agents that need resigning then.

Chrisbob Guest

Sounds good. What time on March 2nd will the threads be opened? Will it be at midnight at the very start of the day, or some later time in the day? I only ask because it's first come first serve.

And since the Rams have already franchised Orlando Pace, I don't have to worry about him, right?

Also, how will exclusive-rights free agents work? Do I have to spend my one signing a day on tendering them an offer if I want to keep them, or since they're exclusive, can I assume they'll be on the roster?

I guess I should be thankful the Rams don't have many free agents that need resigning then.
    Franchise players are their teams to do what they want with, either trade for picks or keep, so you don't have to worry about him, correct.

Same with ERFA's and RFA's, as long as they are tendered before March 2nd we treat them the same, you can keep them or sign them as their rights are protected by the tender, but compensation is worked out between the two GM's trading.

First resigning thread is opened at:

It will be unlocked at 9am EST (6am PST, 2pm GMT). You will have until 12 noon EST (9am PST, 5pm GMT) on March 4th to make your one resigning, after that the thread will be locked. It will be stickied during the time it is active.
    not to worry with this thread as it may be first come first served but the first thread is for resigning one of your own FA's only, but the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th threads are free for alls that open on:

This thread will be unlocked on March 4th at 12 noon EST (9am PST, 5pm GMT and will remain open until March 5th at 12 noon EST (9am PST, 5pm GMT). It will be stickied while the thread is active.
    Each of them threads is open for 24 hours.

If you want the Rams, register at the board, follow the link in my post above, you should be able to find the part to register their, then PM me on the site and I'll set you up.

http://www.gridironfans.com/

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Looks like fun. Too bad, I don't have time right now for it.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Chrisbob Guest

Well, I still need a Rams GM so let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Sent you a PM there, Chrisbob.

Chrisbob Guest

Sent you a PM there, Chrisbob.
    Got it, thanks for joining Nick, hope you enjoy the game.