Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 25th

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

April 25th

It's April 25th, and Roger Goodell just announced that with the 2nd pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams have selected Michael Crabtree.

How do you feel?

LARAM is offline Registered User

Re: April 25th

I'm of the opinion that, I would be happy. But I would also be just as happy if we traded back a few spots and picked up a defensive player as well as as extra picks.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'll be better able to answer that one (how I feel) after we've made our free agent acquisitions. For example: If we sign say Jason Brown or Matt Birk; we trade holt and restructure Pace, Crabtree might be sounding pretty good. This year will be different for me though in that I'll probably not be championing a particular pick until a few days before the draft if then even. Now that we have some "football" people running the show, I'll just sit back and watch and wait. For sure it will be an interesting FA and draft .. If Billy D. and Spags think we need Crabtree more than anyone else (O-Tackle, Middle backer, NT, whatever) I'll respect their decision and back it .. for now ...

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Enough "We should take Crabtree" threads already. If you want to comment on this subject, do so on an existing thread"

-avengeram

did you not get the memo???

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    Enough "We should take Crabtree" threads already. If you want to comment on this subject, do so on an existing thread"

-avengeram

did you not get the memo???
    No I didn't get the memo, but its good to see we have a new mod around here.

And I wasn't making a case for or against Crabtree, just wondering how people would feel if we did draft him. So technically that wouldn't really fit under you and av's description (if it does then i'll let the mods handle it)

Anyways, I personally would be excited. He will create a buzz in STL and get people in the Dome.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

If we sorted out a plan that didn't involve OT with our first pick & felt that WR was the next greatest need via the draft.......

then I'd be slightly disappointed we didn't go Maclin.

We need a legit returner ASAP. Bring Maclin in for that & work him into an NFL offense. Huge instant upgrade @ KR + upside of Avery/Maclin shredding secondaries for years.We already have some thunder in McMichael and SJ, not to mention Burton. That's a nice pair of lightning bolts to go with it.

Local product as well so he'll help generate ticket sales of his own.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    It's April 25th, and Roger Goodell just announced that with the 2nd pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams have selected Michael Crabtree.

How do you feel?
    I would be a little apprehensive, and honestly, a little disappointed. My gut wouldn't feel exactly right, but consciously I would try to talk my gut into believing everything was allright. Sometimes my gut is right (Tye Hill), but other times my gut is wrong (Donnie Avery).

Ultimately, I would default to "the new guys know what they're doing" until they prove my default wrong.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

djdeeznutz Guest

How would i feel?

I would feel like coming to my laptop and order a #15 Crabtree Jersey then running out on Campus telling everyone that the Rams just got Crabtree. While everyone else just waits by the tv too see where Kenny Britt goes (i am attending college in Rutgers).

Then il go back to the game room and while everyone else wonders where Britt's going i will think about Crabtree dominating in our WCO with his YAC.

IT will be great.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post

How do you feel?
    Like a lions fan?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    How would i feel?

I would feel like coming to my laptop and order a #15 Crabtree Jersey then running out on Campus telling everyone that the Rams just got Crabtree. While everyone else just waits by the tv too see where Kenny Britt goes (i am attending college in Rutgers).

Then il go back to the game room and while everyone else wonders where Britt's going i will think about Crabtree dominating in our WCO with his YAC.

IT will be great.
    I'll likely head over to the local apothecary so I could get a hit of what the above poster is having.

Overall-I'd need more information. If we haven't seriously addressed the line yet, I would not be thrilled with the pick (indeed, contemplating starting up the BDOP). Even if we had gone to the line, I'd be curious why a slot receiver is worth $10 million.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I am posting in a Michael Crabtree thread.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I'll likely head over to the local apothecary so I could get a hit of what the above poster is having.

Itz called weed bro hit up the 973!

eldfan is offline Registered User

I think I would feel ok with it if we got J Gross in FA but if we have not address the OT spot in the MLB spot I would be disappointed.
    :ramlogo:

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Sorry if i angered you c-mob
    no hard feelings, i just hate the crabtree posts because i am president of the don't-draft-crabtree fanclub.

Spyederman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Like a lions fan?
    LOL, itsguud, that's funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast