Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    WHEN: April 26th @ 3pm EST, April 27th @ 10am EST

Four words, people: Be there, or be square!

...wait, that's five words...

You get my point! The ClanRam Draft Chat is THE PLACE to be on draft day, as you'll join with fellow draft enthusiasts as we prepare for the Rams pick while talking about all of the others that will be going down.

So, those of you that have been populating the Draft/FA forum all spring, this is what it all comes down to. When the commissioner walks to the podium to announce our pick, I'd better see you in the chat ready to discuss it!

As always, we have a few rules about how that is going to operate...

1) Live draft discussion will be restricted to two places: (1) the ClanRam Chat Room and (2) one all-encompassing mod-created thread titled something like "The Official Draft Discussion Thread" for those who can't access the chat or choose not to. What does that mean? That means if you're watching or listening to the draft and want to talk about what's going on as it happens, come to the chat room or post in that ONE THREAD. Creating new threads pushes other threads further back in the forum page count, and serves no real purpose since the chat room and official draft thread will be the hot spot anyways.

2) For each selection made by the Rams, a MODERATOR will start a new thread announcing the selection in the Rams Talk forum. Once a moderator has started a thread announcing a Rams pick, discussion can take place in that thread regarding the player selected. This is to centralize all discussion on the prospect that has been selected, so we don't have 6-8 threads all talking about the same thing. PLEASE do not start a thread announcing who the Rams have picked; it's only going to get deleted or merged, so you're basically creating more work for us when we're trying to enjoy the draft. Sort of the same deal as rule #1; we don't want the forum to get overcrowded with repetitive topics already being discussed somewhere.

3) Once Day One of the draft has come to a conclusion, normal forum posting rules for the Draft/FA forum are back in effect. Again, I would encourage you to use the stickied threads to talk about specific players and picks, but if you want to create a new thread to offer your general thoughts on the day or create a thread to talk about how stupid the Whiners' picks were, you may do so once the first day of the draft has finished. When Day Two starts, we start back up with the same rules.

4) Be on your best behavior in the chat room. That means if the Rams draft someone you didn't want them to select, don't overreact. Don't curse like a sailor. Don't talk about how this draft will rank as one of the worst for the team. If you and another person disagree about what the Rams should have done or about a particular prospect, be civil about it. Agree to disagree if you have to. This is going to be a busy day for everyone, and it doesn't need to be complicated by immaturity. This will be strictly enforced. You will receive one warning, and if the behavior continues, you can vent your draft anger somewhere else because you'll be kicked from the chat room.
    Last edited by Nick; -04-26-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: APRIL 26-27: ClanRam NFL Draft-Day Chat and General Draft/FA Forum Rules

Sounds like fun GO RAMS! :l

Mooselini is offline Registered User

It's going to be fun when the Rams pick Long or Dorsey. It's going to be a huge debate in the chatroom. Lets hope I dont get called into work early on saturday.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Rules, rules, and more rules.....boooooo.....

Best behavior....another boooo......what fun is that? Why does it matter if people are cursing like sailors in the chat room?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Rules, rules, and more rules.....boooooo.....

Best behavior....another boooo......what fun is that? Why does it matter if people are cursing like sailors in the chat room?
    We're trying to cater to the delicate and dainty sensibilities of our female memb--

Er... um....

Never mind.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

You hardly have any female members.....don't worry about them. They know nothing anyways. Certainly nothing about the draft.

Does it really get that out of control in the chat room? I think some cursing and bad behavior should be allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

You hardly have any female members.....don't worry about them. They know nothing anyways. Certainly nothing about the draft.

Does it really get that out of control in the chat room? I think some cursing and bad behavior should be allowed.
    Maybe there should be a list of unacceptable words. Something similiar to George Carlins famous 7 dirty words, which I will "NOT" list.

The Special One is offline Registered User

Can't wait until the clock strikes 3 Saturday.

Go Rams!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

If only I could type out the words that I will end up saying out loud in my living room.....

But, I guess I better set a good example for the Clan.:imho:

DenisSerbia is offline Registered User

What about clothes? Anything special or just casual?

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DenisSerbia View Post
    What about clothes? Anything special or just casual?
    hahaha... stickin it to the man... lol... rules are for school and card games and ... NFL Draft is neither. When the Rams select Matt ryan with their first pick, I'd like to see everyone hold their tounges... yeah right... Hopefully we do well, but history says otherwise.

I'll be guud as always

We can find some ways of dirtying it up for you if you'd like.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

thoey is offline Registered User

So much for the chat room:

This chat room has reached it's maximum capacity. Try again later.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    So much for the chat room:

This chat room has reached it's maximum capacity. Try again later.
    I'm quite proud to say that not only did the chat room reach its maximum capacity, but the Clan itself seemed to as well, as there was a point after the Avery selection when you simply could not access the board because of too much traffic.

That's certainly something to be proud of - there were so many people who wanted to talk about the Rams that the board simply couldn't take it! I think that speaks volumes about the high level of passion as well as the valuable information and opinions present here at the Clan!

Hope to see you in this morning's chat, thoey!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!