Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    I know you guys will disagree but I think TE is a bigger need than S. Just my opinion.

    RamsFan16

  2. #17
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,907
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    Good point, but one of the few exceptions in recent memory. RamsFan16's post confirms that. Let's hope they do go for the "no-brainer this year, and pick Huff if he is still available. Seems like the temptation to pick the best athlete, and not filling the biggest need, is often just too attractive for the powers above who make the decisions.

    .
    Well, look at the names mentioned. Thomas, Arch, and Lewis were picks that were made based on the recommendation of Lovie Smith, and Canidate was a Martz pick. None of that influence is there now. Hopefully the influx of top talent in this draft causes Huff to fall, but my gut tells me he'll be taken no later than ninth overall. I think Davis is gone at that point, too, which really puts us in a bit of a sticky situation. We'll have to see what happens in free agency to try and get a better feel of how things may shape up at the top of the first.

  3. #18
    Chiledog's Avatar
    Chiledog is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chile
    Age
    55
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    I don't think TE is a bigger need that S, but definitely a weak spot. For that reason, picking Davis, if still available when our turn comes around, would be a great pick.
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

  4. #19
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    I don't think TE is a bigger need that S, but definitely a weak spot. For that reason, picking Davis, if still available when our turn comes around, would be a great pick.
    I don't know. I mean our Oline was weak last year because our TE's are panzys. But our D was bad last year because the lack of playmakers. Huff fits that spot but also does Daniel Bullocks and Roman Harper. Linehan likes using a TE in passing plays and we have none like that and likes a TE that can block which we have none like that. Davis fits that spot. I guess either way its the same size of need but Davis fits the slogan "Its all about the Battle in the Trenchs" and Huff fits the slogan "Defense Wins Championships". It depends I suppose on the way you look at it.
    RamsFan16

  5. #20
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,907
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Huff fits that spot but also does Daniel Bullocks and Roman Harper. Linehan likes using a TE in passing plays and we have none like that and likes a TE that can block which we have none like that. Davis fits that spot.
    And so does Joe Klopfenstein, Anthony Fasano, or even Garrett Mills or Jeff King. You can go either way on this, because the draft is that deep, which is one of the reasons why I think need takes a bit more priority than it might in other years.

  6. #21
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,294
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    I mean our Oline was weak last year because our TE's are panzys.
    Actually our Oline was weak because we had to start two rookies and two broke-down veterans.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  7. #22
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,990
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    There is absolutely no rational basis to assert that ANY offensive position is of greater need for the Rams than the objective of improving the defense.

    The only rational basis to take a player like Vernon Davis is if you believe that he is so superior to any defensive player that might be available that he simply can't be passed over.

    I don't believe that.

  8. #23
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    And so does Joe Klopfenstein, Anthony Fasano, or even Garrett Mills or Jeff King. You can go either way on this, because the draft is that deep, which is one of the reasons why I think need takes a bit more priority than it might in other years.
    Yea but seriously how often do you find a Tight End like Vernon Davis? Its alot easier to find a Safety like Michael Huff than a Tight End like Vernon Davis.
    RamsFan16

  9. #24
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,907
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Yea but seriously how often do you find a Tight End like Vernon Davis? Its alot easier to find a Safety like Michael Huff than a Tight End like Vernon Davis.
    I disagree, and I believe we've had this conversation before where I even demonstrated it.

  10. #25
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    I'm not a big Leinart fan. I think he's going to be a bust in the NFL.
    Wow! While I don't think he'll be a bust like Leaf, I don't think he will play like a #1 pick. It will take him quite some time to adjust, epically with out all of the outstanding weapons he had at SC.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  11. #26
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,990
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Wow! While I don't think he'll be a bust like Leaf, I don't think he will play like a #1 pick. It will take him quite some time to adjust, epically with out all of the outstanding weapons he had at SC.
    Imagine him on the Saints, with a mediocre O line (maybe worse now that Bentley is leaving), an aging Joe Horn and an inconsistent Dante Stallworth at WR, and Deuce McCallister coming off major knee surgery.

    If he were to get off the bench, it would be ugly.

  12. #27
    rams_fan81's Avatar
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Age
    21
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    I'm going to laugh when lienart comes off the bench and has 4 TD and 300 yards AR.

  13. #28
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,990
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    I'm going to laugh when lienart comes off the bench and has 4 TD and 300 yards AR.
    Total... in 4 games.

  14. #29
    RAM-BO's Avatar
    RAM-BO is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    How dare you fail to highlight when the Rams pick!

  15. #30
    RAM-BO's Avatar
    RAM-BO is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

    Bobby Carpenter falling to 32nd? LenDale White falling to 27? Is that so? Sorry for mocking your mock!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •