Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

I know you guys will disagree but I think TE is a bigger need than S. Just my opinion.

RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    Good point, but one of the few exceptions in recent memory. RamsFan16's post confirms that. Let's hope they do go for the "no-brainer this year, and pick Huff if he is still available. Seems like the temptation to pick the best athlete, and not filling the biggest need, is often just too attractive for the powers above who make the decisions.

Well, look at the names mentioned. Thomas, Arch, and Lewis were picks that were made based on the recommendation of Lovie Smith, and Canidate was a Martz pick. None of that influence is there now. Hopefully the influx of top talent in this draft causes Huff to fall, but my gut tells me he'll be taken no later than ninth overall. I think Davis is gone at that point, too, which really puts us in a bit of a sticky situation. We'll have to see what happens in free agency to try and get a better feel of how things may shape up at the top of the first.

Chiledog is offline Registered User

I don't think TE is a bigger need that S, but definitely a weak spot. For that reason, picking Davis, if still available when our turn comes around, would be a great pick.
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    I don't think TE is a bigger need that S, but definitely a weak spot. For that reason, picking Davis, if still available when our turn comes around, would be a great pick.
    I don't know. I mean our Oline was weak last year because our TE's are panzys. But our D was bad last year because the lack of playmakers. Huff fits that spot but also does Daniel Bullocks and Roman Harper. Linehan likes using a TE in passing plays and we have none like that and likes a TE that can block which we have none like that. Davis fits that spot. I guess either way its the same size of need but Davis fits the slogan "Its all about the Battle in the Trenchs" and Huff fits the slogan "Defense Wins Championships". It depends I suppose on the way you look at it.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Huff fits that spot but also does Daniel Bullocks and Roman Harper. Linehan likes using a TE in passing plays and we have none like that and likes a TE that can block which we have none like that. Davis fits that spot.
    And so does Joe Klopfenstein, Anthony Fasano, or even Garrett Mills or Jeff King. You can go either way on this, because the draft is that deep, which is one of the reasons why I think need takes a bit more priority than it might in other years.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I mean our Oline was weak last year because our TE's are panzys.
    Actually our Oline was weak because we had to start two rookies and two broke-down veterans.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

There is absolutely no rational basis to assert that ANY offensive position is of greater need for the Rams than the objective of improving the defense.

The only rational basis to take a player like Vernon Davis is if you believe that he is so superior to any defensive player that might be available that he simply can't be passed over.

I don't believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    And so does Joe Klopfenstein, Anthony Fasano, or even Garrett Mills or Jeff King. You can go either way on this, because the draft is that deep, which is one of the reasons why I think need takes a bit more priority than it might in other years.
    Yea but seriously how often do you find a Tight End like Vernon Davis? Its alot easier to find a Safety like Michael Huff than a Tight End like Vernon Davis.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Yea but seriously how often do you find a Tight End like Vernon Davis? Its alot easier to find a Safety like Michael Huff than a Tight End like Vernon Davis.
    I disagree, and I believe we've had this conversation before where I even demonstrated it.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I'm not a big Leinart fan. I think he's going to be a bust in the NFL.
    Wow! While I don't think he'll be a bust like Leaf, I don't think he will play like a #1 pick. It will take him quite some time to adjust, epically with out all of the outstanding weapons he had at SC.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Wow! While I don't think he'll be a bust like Leaf, I don't think he will play like a #1 pick. It will take him quite some time to adjust, epically with out all of the outstanding weapons he had at SC.
    Imagine him on the Saints, with a mediocre O line (maybe worse now that Bentley is leaving), an aging Joe Horn and an inconsistent Dante Stallworth at WR, and Deuce McCallister coming off major knee surgery.

If he were to get off the bench, it would be ugly.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I'm going to laugh when lienart comes off the bench and has 4 TD and 300 yards AR.

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    I'm going to laugh when lienart comes off the bench and has 4 TD and 300 yards AR.
    Total... in 4 games.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

How dare you fail to highlight when the Rams pick!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Bobby Carpenter falling to 32nd? LenDale White falling to 27? Is that so? Sorry for mocking your mock!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast