Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: AR's Complete First Round Mock (3/2/06 Version)

Actually, with the Cardinals signing E.James, I won't (when I do the next version of my mock) have them taking a RB in round 1 anymore. That will only serve to solidify my projection that one of the top backs will fall to the late first round. My bet is that it will be White.

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

if vernon davis slips down to 11, i hope the rams get him, he is a playmaker a good blocking TE, great speed and athleticism, i think now that some of our defensive needs have been met, we can pick davis in the draft with #11
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

There could be a major ripple effect on this and many other mock drafts once the Saints obtain either Drew Brees or Duante Culpepper (which seems very likely at the monment).

While its usually folly to try to predict draft day trades, I could see the Packers, who really covet Mario Williams, trading up from #5 to #2, giving the Saints more choices.

The Saints may also stay at 2 and take Williams, given that they just lost Darren Howard.

Either way, if the Saints do sign a QB, that may mean that only 2, rather than 3, QBs will be taken in the first 10 picks, which could mean that a defensive player like Huff may move up to the top 10 and out of the Rams' reach.

Stay tuned.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Either way, if the Saints do sign a QB, that may mean that only 2, rather than 3, QBs will be taken in the first 10 picks, which could mean that a defensive player like Huff may move up to the top 10 and out of the Rams' reach.
    That would suck unless it opens up a trading partner further down looking for a QB.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123