Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: AR's First Complete Rams Mock

Greenway had twice as many tackles as Ryans over the past two years. To me, that's a more important stat than the number of bench press reps at the combine.

Man, this thread has really gotten sidetracked. Does anyone have any thoughts on my mock - other than whether I should have had DeMeco Ryans in there over Chad Greenway?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -03-14-2006 at 11:24 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Greenway had twice as many tackles as Ryans over the past two years. To me, that's a more important stat than the number of bench press reps at the combine.

Man, this thread has really gotten sidetracked. Does anyone have any thoughts on my mock - other than whether I should have had DeMeco Ryans in there over Chad Greenway?
    Ask and ye shall receive. In your first two rounds, the LB/DB vs. DB/LB scenario only makes sense. Now's just a question of what personnel will be the highest value at that point. It'll be interesting to see how these mocks shake out after free agency.

As for later in the draft, let's talk punter.
    Round 5: John Torp, P, Colorado
    The Rams need a big leg to help with field position, and Torp is probably the best in the draft. (Second Choice: Leon Washington, RB/KR, FSU)

Round 6: Wali Lundy, RB, Virginia
    Could be a nice change of pace back and a potential kick returner. (Second Choice: Ryan Plackemeir, P, Wake Forest)
    Me personally, I'm choosing Plackemeir over Torp. I think Plackemeir has the stronger leg, though I will admit it could very well be 6 one, half dozen of the other.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I will fully admit that when it comes to my late round choices, I'm relying entirely on published scouting reports.

My strategy for Rounds 5 and 6 is to try to bolster the special teams with the selection of a P and a KR.

Maybe Washington/Plackemeir would be the better combination over Torp/Lundy.

Who knows?

As I've read more, I might be inclined to agree on Plackemeir before Torp, though its hard to make projections with punters.

realchamp11 Guest

i say everything is okay but the 1st round. I say we take Manny Lawson, OLB/DE, NC State because he will help us right away at SLB if we play a 4-3 and he can help us if we make the swich to a 3-4.

:1:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123