Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asante Samuel

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Asante Samuel

We should sign him to whatever contract he wants. We'd be CRAZY not to go after him considering how bad our secondary is besides Otagwe.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: Asante Samuel

I would love to see him in a Rams uniform.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Him and Otogwe would certainly cause many turnovers through the air.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Yeah, they would and I would also obviously love to see him in a Ram's Uni. It's times like these when i look at our secondary and shake my head thinking why arent we going after one of the best corners in the NFL when he is a UFA. Please Front Office use your HEADS for the first time since the Will Witherspoon signing.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Its not gonna happen. Haslett has too much faith in his boy Fahkir Brown who honestly guys has not done a bad job. Hill is only in his 3rd year and lets face it, when healthy is in the top tier of cornerbacks. Bartrell has shown flashes, thats all i'm gonna say. As for wade he's fast really hasnt shown much else.

DO THE RAMS PICK UP SAMUEL???/ NOPE, THE FRONT OFFICE DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH TESTICULAR FORTITUDE TO MAKE A DEAL LIKE THIS. WHAT TYPE OF SECONDARY PLAYERS COULD BE COMING TO ST.LOUIS??? I COULD SEE A TERRY COUSIN OR A MIKE DOSS COMING TO ST.LOUIS THATS ABOUT IT.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Folks, you could fill the secondary with Paul Krause, Emlen Tunnel, Rod Woodson, and the Night Train......but without a pass rush, they'd still get picked apart.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ramer is offline Registered User

I think we could and will address the pass rushing issues in the draft and hopefully Little will be at 100 % by the start of next season.

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Folks, you could fill the secondary with Paul Krause, Emlen Tunnel, Rod Woodson, and the Night Train......but without a pass rush, they'd still get picked apart.
    Exactly. Samuel benefited from have one of the sickest front fours and a great scheme to play in. It wouldnt do much for the rams to have him if we dont have a pass rush. Besides we already have 2 good and 1 descent corner. No need to break the bank for this guy. If we did who would you bench? Both our starters have proved they can play in the NFL.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Wow the last post makes sense. Without pressure on the QB, they could throw right past Samuel like he is our back line defensive backs! We need Dline and pressure on the QB.

However, with a good Dline, Samuel would be a good addition.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Listen to Hubison, the voice of reason in an insane society. Pass rush, not secondary play is the issue. I think we stink at strong safety but we are at least average at corner and better with a healthy tye hill.

I certainly dont judge a guy on one play, but if i was a patriots fan, i would be screaming that the dropped INT on the last drive by assante cost the patriots the super bowl. An all pro has to make that catch.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Bald_81 is online now Registered User

If the Rams want to get a good corner and conserve the most money, they should sign Drayton Florence. He started all 16 games in '06 and started ahead of Cromartie last season until he broke out. We could get him at relatively cheap and then have money left over to bolster our depleted offensive line.

keith m. klink Guest

you can't just go give the guy 1billion dollars because he is the best cornerback in free agency this year . i didn't hear crap from NATE CLEMENS this year , WHY . as HUbison said , and say's all the time . YOU CANNOT WIN OR BE A CONSTANT WINNER UNLESS YOUR FRONT LINES ARE SOLID AND STONG with experianced backups . and thats it , great lines make average backfields look like allstars .

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Not to mention that it seems whoever the Pats stick in their secondary, they seem to do well. It's probably a good system for defensive backs. Haslett runs those stupid schemes that aren't blitzes, but still leave the d-backs one on one most of the time. I still have yet to figure that out...

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I for one don't want Asante Samuel. He's just going to cost too much.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And speaking of Paul Krause I believe that he STILL has not been voted into the HOF. What a travesty for the NFL's all time leader in interceptions. Moreover, let us not forget that he accomplished this feat in an era when teams ran the ball 60+% of the time. Even though he was a member of the hated Vikings (Long time Rams fans still remember the heart-wrenching losses to Bud Grant's Vikings) he is, imo, a great player deserving of HOF enshrinement.

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-14-2008, 12:38 PM
  2. -02-14-2008, 12:38 PM