Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: Ask the DraftNICK! (Version 1.0)

Where do you think Jeff Samardzija would have gone if he had decided to play football? He reminds me of a more athletic version of Joe Jurevicious and think he would of faired well as a pro. I was hoping that we would draft him or Anthony Gonzalez in round 2 or 3 if they were available. Also do you know anything about his baseball career and if do you have any opinion if he made the right decision(I know he is a pitcher with a low 90's fastball but that is it).

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Where do you think Jeff Samardzija would have gone if he had decided to play football?
    Early to mid second round.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Also do you know anything about his baseball career and if do you have any opinion if he made the right decision(I know he is a pitcher with a low 90's fastball but that is it).
    I don't follow baseball, but just from my understanding, he made a good decision based on financial potential and the fact that his body won't have to get pounded week in and week out.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What do you think of Garrett Wolfe of N.Ill. as a possible second day pick to fill the KR/change-of-pace back?

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Where do you think LB Prescott Burgess 6-3 246Lbs will get selected? Do you think he would be a good MLB?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What do you think of Garrett Wolfe of N.Ill. as a possible second day pick to fill the KR/change-of-pace back?
    I would definitely expect the Rams to look hard at running backs in this draft. Wolfe would be an intriguing option but I'm not sure I'd count on him as a return man just yet. I don't think he got much experience if any in college in that role. Not saying it couldn't work, but the lack of experience is something to think about. I would probably start looking Wolfe's way around the fifth round or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever View Post
    Where do you think LB Prescott Burgess 6-3 246Lbs will get selected? Do you think he would be a good MLB?
    I believe he has experience at MLB, but there's a question about his physicality that might make him a better fit on the outside. Could sneak into the first day with impressive workouts and whatnot, I suppose. Size is very intriguing.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

WVU's Dan Mozes
    I would love to see him starting at C for us in years to come. He could really propel our running game and would solidify our line with Pace, Setterstrom,Mozes,Incognito, and Barron. Our o-line would be very young and very talented.

Thanks for the continued great info DraftNick.

BernieM is offline Registered User

Nick,

Which draft prospect do you think is most likely to give me exclusive interviews?

Country Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I would definitely expect the Rams to look hard at running backs in this draft. Wolfe would be an intriguing option but I'm not sure I'd count on him as a return man just yet. I don't think he got much experience if any in college in that role. Not saying it couldn't work, but the lack of experience is something to think about. I would probably start looking Wolfe's way around the fifth round or lower.

I believe he has experience at MLB, but there's a question about his physicality that might make him a better fit on the outside. Could sneak into the first day with impressive workouts and whatnot, I suppose. Size is very intriguing.

Hey Nick

I am redoing my mock draft and was wondering waht you thought about this

Signings
    DE Cory Redding
    DT Terdell Sands
    C/G Andre Gurode

Trade
    St,louis Trades 1[13] {Marshawn Lynch} to New York Jets for 1[24] and 2[38]

Draft

1[24] DE Charles Johnson [Georgia] Will come in situatinally for a year then take over for little letting him play spot duty and extend his career.

2[38] WR Sidney Rice [South Carolina]

2[45] LB H.B Blades [Pittsburgh]

3[77] DT Kareem Brown [Miami]

Couple of notes...

-All indications are that Detroit will tag Redding before allowing him to hit the open market. Sands is good; the Rams very well could make one of the stronger pushes for him given our need for a big spacer eater. Gurode is a solid signing if he hits the market.

-I don't think the Jets trade up to 13 for Lynch but I'll play along. I like Johnson as a prospect but combine him with Adeyanju and Redding, and I wonder how quickly we're going to be able to get to the passer. If we get a free agent end that's a bigger more balanced guy, I think we'd go more of a pure pass rusher in the draft.

-If Rice is there in round two, he'd be a good value selection. I'd like to know what defensive players we're passing up to take him though. I'm not sure what role HB Blades plays on this team. Haslett wants to keep Witherspoon inside and I don't see Blades as an OLB at the next level. As for Brown in the third, I don't think it's great value, honestly. He doesn't really impress me a great deal.

Country Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Couple of notes...

-All indications are that Detroit will tag Redding before allowing him to hit the open market. Sands is good; the Rams very well could make one of the stronger pushes for him given our need for a big spacer eater. Gurode is a solid signing if he hits the market.

-I don't think the Jets trade up to 13 for Lynch but I'll play along. I like Johnson as a prospect but combine him with Adeyanju and Redding, and I wonder how quickly we're going to be able to get to the passer. If we get a free agent end that's a bigger more balanced guy, I think we'd go more of a pure pass rusher in the draft.

-If Rice is there in round two, he'd be a good value selection. I'd like to know what defensive players we're passing up to take him though. I'm not sure what role HB Blades plays on this team. Haslett wants to keep Witherspoon inside and I don't see Blades as an OLB at the next level. As for Brown in the third, I don't think it's great value, honestly. He doesn't really impress me a great deal.
    If Curtis goes the WR position scares me more then the defense. Holt and Bruce age and no dpth scary.

Drew Guest

nick,

what do you think of Louis Holmes??
    DE 6"6 270lbs he seems a lil bit of a one trick pony but the fact that his one trick is getting after the QB then im fine with that!

what area of the draft do you see him going??

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Here is a question for you Nick. I keep seeing people talking about talking a WR or RB or P/KR. Is someone like that really worth wild considering all the problems that we have had on defense? I think the soonest that we should adress something other than defense is the 3rd round. Am I out of my mind for thinking this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    what do you think of Louis Holmes??
    DE 6"6 270lbs he seems a lil bit of a one trick pony but the fact that his one trick is getting after the QB then im fine with that!

what area of the draft do you see him going??
    Well he's not in this draft class so it's hard to pinpoint where he's going to be selected when he does come out. I'm not overly familiar with him, though it sounds as if he didn't live up to the hype of being the top rated JUCO player in 2005. A lot is going to depend on how much he improves from this year to next.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    Here is a question for you Nick. I keep seeing people talking about talking a WR or RB or P/KR. Is someone like that really worth wild considering all the problems that we have had on defense? I think the soonest that we should adress something other than defense is the 3rd round. Am I out of my mind for thinking this way?
    You're not out of your mind, but it depends on how much we address in free agency. It's possible that a receiver could be selected as early as the first round, though I'm not thrilled by that proposition. I don't expect a back-up running back to be taken before the third round, more likely on Day Two.

Drew Guest

[quote=Nick;156980]Well he's not in this draft class so it's hard to pinpoint where he's going to be selected when he does come out. I'm not overly familiar with him, though it sounds as if he didn't live up to the hype of being the top rated JUCO player in 2005. A lot is going to depend on how much he improves from this year to next.

well i thought he was gonna be up for draft this year so my bad,there goes my late round steal for my mock!

cheers for clearing up

chiguy is offline Registered User

I just wanted to point out that, according to NFLDraftScout, Jon Cornish got invited to the combine.