Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rip32 Guest

Re: Ask the DraftNick (Volume II)

Nick how about the Miami duo of Roger McIntosh and Greg Threat what are your thought on these two?

I watched them alot during the season and liked them both.

:clanram:

RamJackson39 Guest

Nick you mentioned Harper as a good third round SS option. How would he be suited at FS? Could he be the same ballhawk safety that he was at Alabama or is a move to SS necessary for him?

Rampage39 Guest

Nick, its starting to look like Jimmy Williams might be our pick at #11. However, most fans say that he has character issues. No one is questioning his skills but Linehan seems like the type that likes high character guys. Whats your opinion on him?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    Nick, its starting to look like Jimmy Williams might be our pick at #11. However, most fans say that he has character issues. No one is questioning his skills but Linehan seems like the type that likes high character guys. Whats your opinion on him?
    Oh, trust me, you just opened up a huge can of worms.

Nick is currently on vacation, but I will make sure he reads this question as soon as he gets back. Let me just say, I'm pretty sure Nick has a defined opinion of one Jimmy Williams. LOL
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Blankman17 Guest

I'll be interested in hearing it and throw out a sub-question:

Who would you take, Nick: Ngata, Williams or Huff and why?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    Nick how about the Miami duo of Roger McIntosh and Greg Threat what are your thought on these two?

I watched them alot during the season and liked them both.
    It's a rather weak class of Miami players this year in terms of top end talent. McIntosh is a guy who could likely be taken on day one. I like him at the top of the third, maybe late second. He's best on the weak side, but I think he could potentially be a SAM linebacker for us. His injury history is a little concerning, though. As for Threat, I dunno. I think it's a concerning statement when a guy can't hold his starting position as a senior. He doesn't have good recognition skills in terms of reacting to the run or the pass, isn't great in coverage, and doesn't have the LB size you look at for a guy who's going to play more in the box as a safety, so I'm not sure how he'd best be used.

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Nick you mentioned Harper as a good third round SS option. How would he be suited at FS? Could he be the same ballhawk safety that he was at Alabama or is a move to SS necessary for him?
    I'm not sure if it's necessary, but I think it's his best fit right now. I'm not convinced he could cover a slot receiver man to man, which is something you'd like to see your free safety be able to do if he has to, and if he makes a bad read in deep zone, I don't think he has great recovery speed either. He should be able to stay with tight ends as a SS and is good in run support. He could make a transition to FS, but I don't think it's his best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    Here's my personal account about Jimmy Williams' character.

Quote Originally Posted by Blankman17
    I'll be interested in hearing it and throw out a sub-question:

Who would you take, Nick: Ngata, Williams or Huff and why?
    I would take Huff, because I feel he's the best player available at that spot. If I had to rank them right now, I'd probably rank them Huff, Ngata, Williams, not just on talent but also on need. Though the more I think about it, the more I'm warming up to the idea of taking Ngata if he's there. But I'd still rather have Huff of those three.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

fred10licious Guest

If there’s a game changing capable TE available @ 11 i.e. VERNON DAVIS, MARYLAND or LEONARD POPE, GEORGIA in the second round I would have to chose to draft one of these players. Even with all the def additions we are still an offense based team. This would add another dimension

serkicker32 Guest

Hey Nick what do you know about the OSU corner, Ashton Youboty. Do you think it is possible for him to slip to us in the second round?

Quote Originally Posted by serkicker32
    Hey Nick what do you know about the OSU corner, Ashton Youboty. Do you think it is possible for him to slip to us in the second round?
    Possible, yes. I'm not a huge fan though. He's a bit of a developmental guy in that he doesn't have a lot of experience, doesn't have the top instincts, and is somewhat inconsistent. He has good size though, and is willing in run support.

Drew4EverRams Guest

hey nick,

i really think we need to pick up a centre in the draft,mccollum is if not done now then done soon,i also think the cog would be better served as a guard-1) so he can have free reigns to wreak havoc on opposing d-lineman and2) i feel that centre requires a player with more stability both physical(cant get away with chop and change like might be possible at guard)and mental!

so taking in account that our first round pick will probably be taken up on a linebacker and probably second on either TE or a D-lineman,who would you say is the best centre likely to be available with our third or fourth round picks??

cheers
    Drew

I'm a big Mike Degory fan as a fourth round possibility. I think he has decent enough physical skills, but what I really like about him is his football intelligence. As a late round option, I like Donovan Raiola. He did a solid job opening up holes for Brian Calhoun at Wisconsin. And since other posters in this forum seem to have little problem throwing some love at their college schools, I'll give some love to a Big East player in Jason Spitz out of Louisville, who has a lot of versatility and is a late Day One option at guard or center.

Drew4EverRams Guest

cheers nick,
    i like Mike Degory too,only i thought he might have been gone before the fourth!
    Donovan Raiola-any relation to Dominic Raiola of the Detriot Lions ??

thanks for reply
    drew

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams
    Donovan Raiola-any relation to Dominic Raiola of the Detriot Lions ??
    Brothers, I believe.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Nick,

What do you think about that big, fast, athletic DB from Texas?

No... not that one!

Cedrick Griffin.

I wonder if he might be a good Round 2-3 option for the Rams. Given that he's in Huff's shadow, he may be a real sleeper.

Griffin has the versatility to play multiple positions in the secondary. He's physical and is a solid tackler. He doesn't have great speed, so he might be better suited for a zone Tampa 2 defensive unit. But he has good instincts and can give receivers problems at the line. I think you hit the nail on the head that he'd be a good late round two early round three option, but I wouldn't count on him as a choice for us if we're going to ask our corners to play a lot of man in Haslett's defense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast