harrydog is offline Registered User

Assuming the Rams take Bradford...

At this point I don't want it to happen but let's say the Rams do end up selecting Bradford. How does that change the rest of the draft for us? At what point do we address defense? Is there another offensive player that would be irresistible for us in the 2nd round? Who would you like to see us take among the players that will most likely be available at #33 and #65?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Assuming the Rams take Bradford...

Given the depth at DT, I think there is a chance for a very good prospect to still be there when pick 33 comes around. Jared Odrick, Brian Price and Geno Atkins are three guys to watch. At DE, Everson Griffen could be an option. I also like Alex Carrington, but more as a Round 3 option.

I think that the Rams will go with the BPA approach, though, even if they take Bradford in Round 1. The players I'd have my eye on would be Jahvid Best, Demaryius Thomas, Jonathan Dwyer, Vladimir Ducasse and possibly Germaine Gresham.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

If we go Bradford then I would go offense in the draft and get a TE and a backup RB, then RT. Throw some FAs on defense and get ready for preseason.

Aronmorg is offline Registered User

I'm starting to lean a little more towards a Bradford pick. I heard an interesting option yesterday on the radio, I think it was on the Fast Lane. Bradford with the first pick and if he is still available then Greshem TE with the top of the 2nd round. I do think he's the best TE prospect to come out in 4 yrs.

I know that a lot of people have the Pats taking Jermaine Gresham, but rumor is that the Pats are looking at Greg Olsen so they can focus on a linebacker.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

If we do take Bradford with the first pick then I dont think there is a doubt that we adress defense at #33. Maybe a DT like AV suggested, or maybe an OLB if Weatherspoon is there. However in the top of the third I think we should grab Jimmy Graham as a new target for Bradford. I think he will be shooting up draft boards and wont last past the 3rd round, after the third, we should probably take a backup runningback, Ben Tate if he is still there, or maybe Toby Gerhart if he last that long.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

If we take Bradford, I want Everson Griffen with the #33, assuming Carriker contribute (mean he plays) we could have a young and talentuous Dline.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think if we take Bradford, we should take Sean Weatherspoon. Hes a beast!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If we do indeed grab Bradford, (and I'm hoping we do), then if Weatherspoon drops to us in the second, we immediately snatch him up. If he's not there, we should target:

Damian Williams (WR)
    Jermaine Gresham (TE)
    Vladmir Ducasse (OG/OT)
    Geno Atkins (DT)
    Jared Odrick (DT)
    Mike Iupati (OG)
    Brandon LaFell (WR)

Everson Griffen I've heard is suppose to be projected more of as a 4-3 left end in the pros. I don't think that's what we need, because we should be planning to move Chris Long to LE, and get a new body in at RE.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Like most people, I'm in the BPA school of thought at the top of the second round. However, our biggest position if need is DE, given that Long is the only long-term player we have on our current roster in that position, so I'd go for the best available DE at number thirty-three unless an outstanding prospect slipped, as was the case with Laurinaitis last year.

ludairv is offline Registered User

i would be craping myself if theyre lucky enough to get wither mathews (rb) or Best.....DREAM.....what about Dwyer, is he too similar to Sjax?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

With this new draft format teams are going to be coveting the pick at the top of the second and I think we will be in great position to trade get an extra third or possibly a first next year. I don't think top targets like Odrick, Griffen, or Price will be available, but if they are we wont hesitate to pull the trigger if not trade down and select Geno Atkins or Rob Gronkowski.