Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Re: Assuming we get Jenkins, who do we get in the 1st?

Nick, points wise, what does it cost Carolina to move into the 13th spot. I'm hinting at swapping firsts plus Jenkins.

max
    max is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Not much of a source....
    Howard Balzer or me?

Rambos is online now Registered User

Balzer...

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Maybe pick up Willis, and possibly send out a linebacker.
    If not, maybe a DB?
    Or, we COULD draft Ginn. I like his chances with the Rams more than any other team. We might actually be able to turn him into a great WR, not just limit him to returns.

If Anderson's there..somehow...I'd love for us to get him no matter what. Even if we do trade for Mr. Jenkins.
    He's just a straight up beast and has tons of potential.
    The ONE Defensive Lineman I have no questions about.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Nick, points wise, what does it cost Carolina to move into the 13th spot. I'm hinting at swapping firsts plus Jenkins.
    The difference is 50 points, which is a late fourth rounder. Seriously doubt that's enough by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    I would draft Laron landry. He is the safety we need, I think he could step in right away and contribute.
    No chance he's there @ 13.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I think that we take the best Defensive player available.

I think that Adam Carriker would not have the impact as S Reggie Nelson would, as much as we like to think that our secondary is not bad after DT it has to be the 2nd worst position.

If Okoye, Branch, Anderson are gone I say we go Reggie Nelsoin
    Ditto. Unless there is a quality OLB out there. OLD and S are our to NEED positions after DT.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

acquiring Jenkins to play NT doesnt mean we wont be drafting a DT in the first round. We could always grab Okoye or Carriker to play alongside Jenkins...

max

This may have been posted here before, but combined with Balzer's comments, Linehan's saying he wants a pass rusher, and the resonable possiblitity that Anderson may be there at #13, I think he's our target.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...vals&type=lgns

The biggest names in attendance were St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan and his defensive coordinator, former New Orleans Saints head coach Jim Haslett. Both got a good look at defensive end Jamaal Anderson and cornerback Chris Houston. Both have been projected as first round picks in many mock drafts, as has offensive tackle Tony Ugoh to a lesser extent.

Anderson did timing events and drills because he was unable to at the NFL Scouting Combine because of a hamstring injury. Houston, who ran a laser time of 4.32 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the combine, just did the drills. Ugoh injured his quadriceps at the combine and still was unable to perform today.

"He's helped himself. He played very, very well on film. He's got himself ready for this day, and he's ran very well, so far. He'll do his workout now. I think he's a heck of a talent and certainly a guy people are going to be looking at," Linehan said of Anderson. "Jamaal has some size. He has ability to play the run and also be a great pass rusher. It's hard to find guys that can play every down at defensive end, and he's got huge upside. He came here as a basketball player, and he's leaving as one of the top rated defensive ends in all of football, so his future is in front of him, and he's done well here, but I can see his upside being huge.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

ive just decided that if we do get Jenkins then the guy i want to see us draft is Branch, and il have the two of them playing alongside eachother in the middle of the DL. Shades of 99 with D'Marco Farr and Ray Agnew playing in front of London Fletcher, but better.

Alan Branch and Kris Jenkins paving the way for Will Witherspoon, while Leonard Little and James Hall spend the entire game racing eachother to the QB to get the sack first. What a Dline that would be
    Last edited by tomahawk247; -04-08-2007 at 08:07 AM.

max

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    ive just decided that if we do get Jenkins then the guy i want to see us draft is Branch, and il have the two of them playing alongside eachother in the middle of the DL. Shades of 99 with D'Marco Farr and Ray Agnew playing in front of London Fletcher, but better.

Alan Branch and Kris Jenkins paving the way for Will Witherspoon, while Leonard Little and James Hall spend the entire game racing eachother to the QB to get the sack first. What a Dline that would be
    Farr was an undersized quick DT with fantastic hand speed. Very different from Jenkins or Branch.

If we get Jenkins, I would rather have a pass rushing DE. Jarvis Moss may be preferable to Branch, Anderson surely is.

I stick by my wish list:
    Anderson
    Okoye
    Carriker

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    Farr was an undersized quick DT with fantastic hand speed. Very different from Jenkins or Branch.

If we get Jenkins, I would rather have a pass rushing DE. Jarvis Moss may be preferable to Branch, Anderson surely is.

I stick by my wish list:
    Anderson
    Okoye
    Carriker
    I agree..I'd LOVE to see Anderson fall to us..and if he does, we HAVE to draft him. Well, depending on if we get Kris in a trade.

Country is offline Registered User

If the Rams get Jenkins they can very easily go DT if one on the top guys like Branch and especially Okoye are available.

Haslett in NO oved to use two very big DTs at the timne it was GRady Jackson at 350lbs and Norman Hand not far behind. So don't rule out drafting Branch or Okoye.

In the ideal world Jamaal Anderson falls to the Rams.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post

The same thought occurred to me. Jenkins is after all a 3-technique tackle, believe it or not. Imagine having two guys at 330 lbs. in the middle of that line with a 280-lb. James Hall on one end and "little" Leonard Little flying off the edge on the pass rush.

The only person I think it would be hard to justify drafting if we got Jenkins would be Okoye. We'd have to move Jenkins over to the other tackle position in that case, and he might run into the same problem Kennedy did this year when he tried to make the switch--getting caught out of position trying to make a play instead of maintaining his gap assignments.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Or they could go CB and then I think the secondary would become a very solid one in a few years.

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Or they could go CB and then I think the secondary would become a very solid one in a few years.
    tx I like our CB and our depth at CB. I would prefer if the Rams grabbed a S at 13 and solidified the back end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast