View Poll Results: Would you trade our 1st (#6) and 3rd (#66) for Clevelands 1st (#4) to get Blackmon?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 23.53%
  • No

26 76.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: To assure we get Blackmon would you do the following trade if it was made available?

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

To assure we get Blackmon would you do the following trade if it was made available?

Some people have Cleveland taking Richardson and some have them taking Blackmon. What if Cleveland would be willing to trade down from 4 to 6 and get our 3rd round pick #66 over all. We would still get Blackmon they would likely get Richardson who they could use and a third round pick. We still would have two early second round picks this year and two first rounders in each of the next two drafts.

Rams picks this year:
    1 (4)
    2 (33)
    2 (39)
    4 (96)
    5 (we lost when we got Lloyd)

2013 All our picks and WAS 1st
    2014 All our picks and WAS 1st

The trade value chart shows the value being right.
    Rams get:
    1(4) -1800 pts

Cleveland gets:
    1(6) - 1600 pts
    3 (66) - 265 pts
    1825 pts
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-10-2012 at 08:11 PM.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: To assure we get Blackmon would you do the following trade if it was made availab

I say no.

As much as i want Blackmon, its not worth moving up to get him especially when he might fall to six in the first place. We need to take our chances and if he doesnt fall, we still get another good prospect.

Besides, with all the holes on this team, a 66 pick could prove to be very valuable with this talented draft class.

Re: To assure we get Blackmon would you do the following trade if it was made availab

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Besides, with all the holes on this team, a 66 pick could prove to be very valuable with this talented draft class.
    I do think that Blackmon is the best WR by far in this draft. I think this draft lacks some true elite talent. I think there are some very good players but not elite at the top and there are a lot of good players in the first round and a half then it is the usual looking for a diamond in the rough in the second half of the second round and beyond. I would rather trade our 3rd and get Blackmon who I think can be a #1 WR then to hold on to a 3rd rounder and pass on what has been a very weak link. It would give Bradford a passing game weapon in Blackmon to go along with Jackson and we would still have two early second round picks.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Whats up with people on this board and Blackmon? This is the only board that I see that is inseparable from the guy... Absolutely no way I'd do that trade. Blackmon is a good prospect, but isn't the be all end all. He just doesn't match up to guys like A.J Green and doesn't deserve to be drafted at #4. If he falls to #6, I'd like to take him, but thats 2 lesser spots and we get to keep a early 2nd round pick.

I'd be just as happy to land a Michael Floyd, Stephen Hill, or Alshon Jeffery in rd 2 (though the first 2 are very unlikely to reach that point).

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Even as a Blackmon fan, I'm not a fan of that strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Whats up with people on this board and Blackmon? This is the only board that I see that is inseparable from the guy... Absolutely no way I'd do that trade. Blackmon is a good prospect, but isn't the be all end all. He just doesn't match up to guys like A.J Green and doesn't deserve to be drafted at #4. If he falls to #6, I'd like to take him, but thats 2 lesser spots and we get to keep a early 2nd round pick.

I'd be just as happy to land a Michael Floyd, Stephen Hill, or Alshon Jeffery in rd 2 (though the first 2 are very unlikely to reach that point).
    I like when people slam other people without even reading the post first. I never said trade any second round pick I wouldn't because I think the value in the early part of round 2 is good. I said trade our third round pick #66 overall. That is normally a very hit and miss pick which we have more then not missed at. We would get the best WR in the draft and still have two early 2nd round picks.

Our net would be the following.
    We give up:
    1st(#2)
    3rd(#66)

We get:
    1st(#4)
    2nd(#39)
    1st(2013)
    1st(2014)

We bascially move down two spots. Swap our 3rd for a 2nd and get two 1st round picks in the next two years and get the Best WR in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I like when people slam other people without even reading the post first. I never said trade any second round pick I wouldn't because I think the value in the early part of round 2 is good. I said trade our third round pick #66 overall. That is normally a very hit and miss pick which we have more then not missed at. We would get the best WR in the draft and still have two early 2nd round picks.

We give up:
    1st(#2)
    3rd(#66)

We get:
    1st(#4)
    2nd(#39)
    1st(2013)
    1st(2014)

We bascially move down two spots. Swap our 3rd for a 2nd and get two 1st round picks in the next two years and get the Best WR in the draft.
    Wow, I thought I seen 39 up there, but still. I wouldn't give up a third either. Theres no point. Blackmon is not an elite prospect in my opinion. Like I've been saying for a while now, Floyd will be the better NFL WR. That is why I'd love to slide down to say #11 (KC Chiefs) and add possibly their 2nd, 5th and next years 3rd, and then take Floyd with their pick.

Like I've been saying for a while now, Floyd will be the better NFL WR.
    So why not advocate taking Floyd at six? For all we know, Jacksonville could be thinking about him @ 7 to give Gabbert a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    So why not advocate taking Floyd at six? For all we know, Jacksonville could be thinking about him @ 7 to give Gabbert a weapon.
    We very well could, but I figure why not grab some extra picks and still grab you're man? If Jax is stupid enough to pass on a pass rusher to draft a WR... A valuable DE is 15x worth more than a valuable WR. Plus, they'll probably be the first team to take a pass rusher, so they can have the one of their choice (Ingram, Upshaw, Coples).

We very well could, but I figure why not grab some extra picks and still grab you're man?
    I understand the thought process of wanting to move down a couple spots and get more picks if you think a guy will be available. There's no guarantee he's there, but I understand that part. What's strange to me is to see someone call Blackmon the premier WR of the draft and be on board with the idea of drafting him at fourth and sixth overall when you think someone else will be the best receiver in the class.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-10-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I understand the thought process of wanting to move down a couple spots and get more picks if you think a guy will be available. There's no guarantee he's there, but I understand that part. What's strange to me is to see someone call Blackmon the premier WR of the draft and be on board with the idea of drafting him at fourth and sixth overall when you think someone else will be the best receiver in the class.
    I guess its all about potential. Floyd in my opinion has more potential, and can be molded into a serious threat in the NFL. Blackmon will be solid too, but I think he's basically at his peak. Strong route runner, plays big, can grab the ball over CB's, and can shake defenders off. Floyd to me is rawer in route running (though still solid), has nice hands, and is a great blocker. Blackmon is the jack of all trades, not a master in anything. Neither is Floyd really, but he does have great size.

Plus look at the 2009 draft:

KC takes at #3 : Tyson Jackson
    GB takes at #9 : B.J Raji

Raji is by far the better player, and Jackson was the better prospect coming out of college.

Buffalo takes at #11 : Aaron Maybin
    Washington takes at #13 : Brian Orakpo

Orakpo is a top 5 OLB pass rusher, while Maybin hasn't even seen the field. Actually, he got released and started to play at the level of a 5th rounder, but still.

Basically what I'm trying to say is the player that is rated highest at his position coming out of college (50/50) isn't necessarily at all going to be the best pro player. And this is just 1 example of very many.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -03-10-2012 at 09:38 PM.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

No.

I'd prefer another trade down into the teens, and take one of Floyd/DT/OL/Kirkpatrick.

Else, I'd stand pat at 6 and take T-Rich, Claiborne, Blackmon -- whoever falls
    sosa39rams likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post

We give up:
    1st(#2)
    3rd(#66)

We get:
    1st(#4)
    2nd(#39)
    1st(2013)
    1st(2014)

I understand the deal, to me if you have to package it with the RGIII trade to justify the trade, which it kinda feels like it... to move up and give up the 3rd pick at 66 to draft Blackmon I would say no. I would take him if we where at 5, but to move up and give up a third too that's a bit much much IMO

The perfect play would be to see if he falls to us at six... my fear is he will and the FO will pass and all hell will break out on the board.

Basically what I'm trying to say is the player that is rated highest at his position coming out of college (50/50) isn't necessarily at all going to be the best pro player.
    I think everyone understands that can happen. My point is simply that, if you think someone else is going to be the best pro player, then advocate for the Rams drafting him. I simply don't see much sense in saying Floyd is going to be the best receiver from this class, but you're on board with the Rams making Blackmon the first receiver taken.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Absolutely not. Far too many options at WR to give up any of our picks.

Our draft should have one theme, and that is accumulate not give away. Unless moving up is the absolute best option at a particular point in the draft. Giving up a 3rd for Blackmon is not it IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast