Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RealRam
  • 1 Post By jerseyramsfan

Thread: Auburn OT Robinson received 1st round projection from Draft Advisory Board

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Auburn OT Robinson received 1st round projection from Draft Advisory Board

Quote Originally Posted by ‏@schadjoe
    Auburn OT Greg Robinson (RSO) said NFL projection 1st round. Doesn't want to hurt his teammates but said helping Mom is big factor.
    I expect he'll declare, and he ranks as my #2 OT prospect in this class if he does.

Could be an option for the Rams if they deal down from second overall, but barring some disappointments in offseason testing, I don't expect him to be around when the Rams pick @ 13.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Auburn OT Robinson received 1st round projection from Draft Advisory Board

This is a bit of a surprise to me, only because the committee is very conservative in their projections and he's just a redshirt sophomore, who seemed to come out of nowhere compared to the names we've been hearing all season.

Being gone at 13 might not be a stretch at all. I'd also be interested to learn if he's the type of blocker Fisher would be eager to draft.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Decisions, decisions. From the college players, NFL organizations. And us!

- - Greg Robinson

Auburn's Greg Robinson considering family in draft decision
    By Chase Goodbread
    NFL News / College Football 24/7 writer
    Published: Jan. 4, 2014 at 01:37 p.m. Updated: Jan. 4, 2014 at 01:49 p.m.

Auburn offensive tackle Greg Robinson is just days away from announcing whether he'll crash the NFL draft party with two years of college eligibility remaining, or return to the Tigers next season as one of the elite offensive line prospects for the 2015 draft.

But as Auburn continues preparations for Monday's BCS championship game against Florida State, Robinson indicated that providing for his family will be a consideration, be it this year or next.

"My family is not in the best situation financially, but really the most important (thing) is just making the best decision for me and helping my family out down the road," Robinson said. "I'm really doing everything for myself because at the end of the day I'm the one that got to make the decision I've got to make."

Robinson (6-5, 305 pounds), whom NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah raved about in his review of Auburn prospects, has enjoyed a dominant season at left tackle as a third-year sophomore. Asked if he was projected as a first-round pick by the NFL Draft Advisory Board, Robinson said, "It came back pretty good."

If Robinson enters the draft, he could significantly shake up the pecking order of the top left tackles available. College Football 24/7 posted in-game analysis of Robinson against two of the toughest run defenses on Auburn's schedule -- against Alabama in the Iron Bowl and against Missouri in the SEC title game -- and he was impressive in both contests.
    lostsoul likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Dude has some nice athleticism, just needs to refine his mechanics. If we draft him, let's see if Paul Boudreau can replicate Mike Waufle's success when he turned Michael Brockers into a force for the D-line.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I'd still rather draft the more polished, refined blocker in Matthews just because the past two "high ceiling, raw, untapped, better at run blocking than pass blocking" offensive tackles we drafted turned out horribly (Barron, J. Smith). I'd rather not take a chance with Bradford's health. Matthews is definitely the better prospect, but the conversation turns interesting when it's between Robinson and Lewan.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

This is why you take Clowney at #2... Robinson or Lewan will be there at 13...
    Warner Pride likes this.

Robinson made it official via Twitter that he is coming out.

https://twitter.com/GregRobinson73/s...49818340343808

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    This is why you take Clowney at #2... Robinson or Lewan will be there at 13...
    Robinson probably won't be there.

Lewan could be, but there's certainly no guarantee.

I, for one, would much rather have Matthews and the BPA at #13 (probably a CB, DT or WR) than Clowney and the BOTA at #13.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Robinson probably won't be there.

Lewan could be, but there's certainly no guarantee.

I, for one, would much rather have Matthews and the BPA at #13 (probably a CB, DT or WR) than Clowney and the BOTA at #13.
    Yup; the elephant in the room is, it's possible an OT isn't among the BPsA at 13.

We're still waiting to see if this OT class is going to look as good at the top as some have projected it will. Matthews and Lewan are seniors, but to my knowledge, Robinson is the only top underclassman to have declared. I don't believe we've heard from Kouandjio, Erving, and Ogbuehi.

I wouldn't be surprised with anything as it relates to them. They could try to jump now with first round talk surrounding them. But then again, Kouandjio looked bad to finish the season, Erving needs more work and may want to try to repeat as champ, and Ogbuehi could elect to stay and do what Matthews did by shifting to LT next year.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Robinson may be the best run blocking OT to come out in the last decade.
    His pass blocking is very suspect IMO.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    His run blocking did look dominant in the BCS Championship game, I was really impressed

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I'm intrigued by the idea of the Rams taking Robinson after a trade down, and then plugging him in at LG until Long moves on. Seems like a good way to groom him for that job while also taking advantage of his skills as a run blocker.