throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BernieM is offline Registered User

Re: AvengerRam vs. Bernie II

I noe hoo da Ram are takin, butt Im not tellin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Well, it looks like I may get banned by Bernie.

Today, he posted a message saying that Aeneas Williams has told teammates in private discussions that he would like to come back.

I responed by questioning how Bernie could know about a discussion between two players that was "private."

He deleted my post.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

AV, the winged BM monkeys are really dog-piling on you over there. It's sad really. He throws out a 3 paragraph "I don't know", drops trou, & the BM monkeys commence to smooching his hind-quarters. I don't get it. Part of me wishes those guys would come over here, so they could actually form their own opinions about the Rams...but then another part of me doesn't really want the board clogged with winged BM monkeys.

Poor winged BM monkeys, I feel pity for them.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Well, as expected, I've been banned.

The funny thing is, the message I received said I violated the board rules. The rules prohibit posts that are vulgar, sexual, threatening, racist, obscene, and the like. Nothing in the rules indicates that posts that criticize Bernie are not allowed.
    Hmmm... must be an unwritten rule.

Footnote: I posted a thread on The Herd about Bernie's reaction to my criticism. They deleted it.

I hope some of you remember this the next time someone here claims that this board is overly moderated.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

How pathetic. How simply pathetic.

So Av, are you going to appeal?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Well, as expected, I've been banned.

The funny thing is, the message I received said I violated the board rules. The rules prohibit posts that are vulgar, sexual, threatening, racist, obscene, and the like. Nothing in the rules indicates that posts that criticize Bernie are not allowed.
    Hmmm... must be an unwritten rule.
    Avenger, you are NOT NICE. Why do you feel it necessary to go attack Bernie in his own forum? What is the point of beating on the man, his articles, and his posts? Does this make you feel powerful and manly? He has been in the business for a long time. I am sure the business loses its sparkle after you have seen it from the inside for so long, and it is a job to him. Why are you taking such personal enjoyment out of pushing him around? Aren't you happy enough to pester clan members? Do you really need to go out and instigate?

And yes there are always unwritten rules. Life is full of unwritten rules. Unwritten rules are the best because you don't have to defend them and you can change them at will.

You may think the Clan is not over moderated, but it is also not very active. Perhaps many people don't post because they are afraid to have their words thrown back in their face. We are like a big fish bowl these days with a bunch of lurkers watching a few of us talk.

Perhaps we may get some new visitors now that you are out starting trouble on other boards. Maybe that is what you want. :bored:

....the draft is almost here. Concentrate on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yup, now I am wondering just what kind of response I will get from Avenger.

Should I be scared? Should I find a place to hide? hmmmmm......
    I guess I'll just wait and see what sort of vicious words he can conjure up to beat me down.

:redface:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Methinks that Utter is merely trying to get me riled up. I shant disappoint her...

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Avenger, you are NOT NICE.
    Depends on who you ask.

Why do you feel it necessary to go attack Bernie in his own forum?
    Because the coward would never post here.

What is the point of beating on the man, his articles, and his posts?
    Does everything have to have a point?

Does this make you feel powerful and manly?
    No, if I want to feel powerful and manly, I usually dress up as a constructive worker and make whistling noises to passing women.

He has been in the business for a long time. I am sure the business loses its sparkle after you have seen it from the inside for so long, and it is a job to him.
    Well, then maybe he should get a new job.

Why are you taking such personal enjoyment out of pushing him around? Aren't you happy enough to pester clan members? Do you really need to go out and instigate?
    Hey, I'm an equal opportunity pesterer.

And yes there are always unwritten rules. Life is full of unwritten rules. Unwritten rules are the best because you don't have to defend them and you can change them at will.
    And its my job to reveal them to those who do not see.

You may think the Clan is not over moderated, but it is also not very active.
    Could have fooled me. I'd say the board is WAY more active than it was this time last year.

Perhaps many people don't post because they are afraid to have their words thrown back in their face.
    You mean like this post?

We are like a big fish bowl these days with a bunch of lurkers watching a few of us talk.
    Every board has lurkers. Nothing unusual there.

Perhaps we may get some new visitors now that you are out starting trouble on other boards. Maybe that is what you want.
    It is. I get 1 lb. of haggis from Dez for every new member who I get to sign up.

....the draft is almost here. Concentrate on that.
    Um... I think I've started a thread or two about the draft. They should be easy to find.

Um...Avenger... don't be thinking that you got the best of me with your, oh so witty, response. It took you a long time to respond, and I was unable to respond on friday since I work at a place that does not allow playing on the internet and I was headed out of town after work.

Last night when I returned home, and I was in the mood to read about the draft rather than quibble with you.

I must say that I am so glad that you finally dissected one of my posts. It is very exciting.

Depends on who you ask.
    You Nice? - I was not asking for anyone else's opinion. I was just giving you my opinion.

Does there have to be a point?
    No, many things have no point or purpose, but making fun of someone for your own entertainment, makes you a bully.

if I want to feel powerful and manly, I usually dress up as a constructive worker and make whistling noises to passing women.
    A very interesting concept of powerful and manly. It would not be my definition, but more power to you, if that's what you think a manly man is.

And its my job to reveal them to those who do not see.
    You can reveal as many unwritten rules as you want, but the "unwritten rule" can always change because it is not recorded.

Perhaps many people don't post because they are afraid to have their words thrown back in their face. ..... You mean like this post?
    Exactly like this post. I received a few PMs agreeing with this point in particular. There are people out there that are not posting because they don't care to have their posts analyzed and disputed.

Listen Avenger, I like your input here and you bring good discussions out, but there is no need to always have the last word and to always be right. You can give other people the right to have their own opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL. How have I taken away anyone's right to have an opinion?

By the way, did anyone notice what Bernard wrote about the day before the draft?

Selection predictions? No.

Prospects? No.

A retrospective of past drafts? No.

Insights on how draft day is handled? No.

A puff-piece on Kurt Warner's relationship with Mike Martz? Yes!

The guy is a clown. He has no business covering the Rams.

LOL. How have I taken away anyone's right to have an opinion?
    You can't take away their right to have an opinion, but you can take away their desire to post their opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

By the way, did anyone notice what Bernard wrote about the day before the draft?

Selection predictions? No.

Prospects? No.

A retrospective of past drafts? No.

Insights on how draft day is handled? No.

A puff-piece on Kurt Warner's relationship with Mike Martz? Yes!

The guy is a clown. He has no business covering the Rams.
    What is Bernie's professional relationship with the Rams? Who pays his salary?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

moklerman Guest

Don't worry Utter, you're not alone in your criticism's. It's very apparent that Avenger is on a constant mission to either a) annoy or b) be liked. I find it amusing that he's complaining about having his posts deleted when he's deleted (allegedly) posts on this site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast