Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: AvengerRam vs. Bernie II

Whatever.

Dez has set the rules for this board, and I enforce them. Don't like it, talk to the boss.

As for my goal being to annoy or to be liked (how ambiguous an accusation is that!?!), the answer is my goal is to do neither. My goals are, in no particular order, to inform, to inquire, to foster discussion, to lighten the mood, and to celebrate/commiserate the Rams successes/failures. In attempting to accomplish these goals, I speak my mind, whether or not what I have to say is popular, controversial or even likely to anger some.

So far, this has worked for me.

moklerman Guest

Posted by BM on the PD board. This post seems to sum things up (I've thought and posted similar sentiments on this board from time to time).

Our guy Avenger David Ram clearly falls into this group of posters:

HEY LOOK AT ME!

LOOK at ME!

I'm giving Miklasz a hard time!

LOOK AT ME!

Dude clearly needs some real human contact.

Or a pet.

Cheers,
    B

Actually, that post says a lot more about Bernie than it does about me.

moklerman Guest

Actually, that post says a lot more about Bernie than it does about me.
    ...that he knows how to call it like it is?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Bernie is one of the most respected sports writers in the business. I can like both Av and Bernie, it's not an either/or. I grew up around the STL area, and while I was a youngster I was a member of the media. I've had the opportunity to meet Bernie a time or two and he's a very pleasant man to talk to. He also has the respect of owners/managers/and players to the point that they will tell Bernie everything but he dosen't necessarily report it.

Look, for those of you outside the STL area and not familiar with the atmosphere....it's St. Louis Cardinals baseball first and everything else falls where it may. That's how it always has been, and that's how it always will be. The Astros were in town against the Redbirds, the team the Cardinals defeated to go to the World Series last year. OF COURSE BERNIE IS GOING TO BE AT THE GAME. What's he supposed to do, wait 4 hours at Rams Park, get one pick, and wait another few hours for Round 2? Or should he cover a critical yet early baseball series between two teams who recently have become rivals?

If you think he should have been at Rams Park, that's your business. However, it would be a wrong one.

Tx, you have always been in Bernie's corner, and I respect that.

If he had simply stated from the beginning that Burwell and Gordan are covering the draft while he will be at the Cards game, I would have had no issue with him. It was the way he went out his way to basically take a shot at everyone who is interested in the draft that caused me (and several other people) to react.

In any event, I'm done with Bernie. I'd say I've more than made my point about him.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tx
    Look, for those of you outside the STL area and not familiar with the atmosphere....it's St. Louis Cardinals baseball first and everything else falls where it may. That's how it always has been, and that's how it always will be.
    No question there, the Cards are an institution in St. Louis as they should be. Their tenure is measured by a century not just a decade. But I don't think the point was ever about Bernie not going to Rams Park. They sent others, so his presence would be redundant. The point was more about the manner in which he held the draft and indirectly any one interested in it with complete condescension. AV called him on it, and he repeated his attitude by disregarding AV as a troublemaker, allowed his monkeys to attack AV, and then banned him from the board.

But for whatever the whole debacle was...it wasn't whether he should go to Busch or Rams Park on Saturday.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

talkstoangels61 Guest

Look, for those of you outside the STL area and not familiar with the atmosphere....it's St. Louis Cardinals baseball first and everything else falls where it may. That's how it always has been, and that's how it always will be.

Thats the way it is here in So. Illinois too TEX!......................but, not with me......lol..........i happen to like the Cubs then i root for the Cards!............................................Rams always 1st!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123