Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Av's 2012 Rams Draft Board (Post-Combine)

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Av's 2012 Rams Draft Board (Post-Combine)

Quote Originally Posted by DA84 View Post
    Av, do you think there's a chance that Floyd could overtake Blackmon? Not necessarily at #1 spot, but if Blackmon were to fall could Floyd rise that much?
    Not on my board, no.

Well... if Blackmon ran a 4.7... maybe.

But if he runs in the range I expect (4.50-4.55), his on the field performance will put him above Floyd by a fairly wide margin in my eyes.

The fun part of this is, depending on the outcome of the current trade talks, the Rams could be in a position to draft three, possibly even four, of the players listed.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Zach Brown actually grew up a Rams fan. It'd be pretty cool taking him at 33 and having him play for his favourite team.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Zach Brown actually grew up a Rams fan. It'd be pretty cool taking him at 33 and having him play for his favourite team.
    At 33 I think he's a great pick, but with teams wanting to be able to cover running backs and monster TE's someone might easily take him in the 20s. I think the Patriots might take him just so one of the only players in the NFL with the ability to cover Gronk and Hernandez is on their team and practicing against them.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Actually, a healthy Danario sounds pretty good. As for Wright and Randall, I think you are having trouble distiguishing your opinion from gospel fact.
    Reuben Randall was being mocked late first round before the combine. I can't see how he hurt his stock, and just because Hill did what he did I still wouldn't put him in first round consideration. Hill's a mid to late second rounder (First round body, fourth round body of work). The Rams also apparently really like Reuben, and talked with him numerous times throughout the week.
    I keep hearing and reading how scouts still like Wright and won't use the time against him because it doesn't jive with his tape, at all. Looking back at him running, I don't think he has 4.3 speed, but he easily has 4.39-4.45 speed. He is still a mid-first rounder, and it won't change unless he runs the same speed at his pro day. By the way, some scouts said they hand timed him in the 4.4s.

Wilson's not a bad prospect, but at 206 lbs and a 4.49 40, I don't think he matches up to Miller (4.40 at 212 lbs.) or Martin (4.55 at 223 lbs.).
    I don't think the six pounds matter. Miller is a tiny bit more explosive, but Wilson is by far more useful at a pass catcher. They should be even. I like Martin. I actually think all 3 would have similar grades and the player the Rams value most would be based on the style they like. If Fisher likes a Turner type back, Martin will be ranked highest. If he likes explosive backs like Chris Johnson, which I think he would, Miller and Wilson would be ranked higher than Martin. If Miller is a better blocker he would be ranked higher than Wilson despite not being as good in the passing game. Miller just isn't that much more explosive and electric than Wilson to rank him 10-15 spots ahead in a draft board.

I agree with you about Blackmon. The only way he isn't the best receiver (by far), is if he runs over 4.65, and I would have a tough time taking a 4.7 receiver in the first. He will run 4.5 something and be the only top 10 receiver taken. I'm not sure if the Rams like him since they haven't sent any real signals about him, but I hope they do. He's a real good football player.

JM7
    JM7 is offline Registered User

Zach Brown is a crazy athlete. His one big knock is that he wasn't very physical in college. Even with that he still produced great numbers. I think if he falls to the second round we have to take a good hard look at him

An annotation to my list...

Here are the ranges where I see each player as being a good value:

Picks 1-5
    Justin Blackmon
    Matt Kalil

Pick 6 or later
    Morris Claiborne
    Trent Richardson

Pick 11 or later
    Dre Kirkpatrick
    Jonathan Martin
    Riley Reiff
    David DeCastro

Pick 16 or later
    Zach Brown
    Michael Floyd

Pick 21 or later
    Courtney Upshaw
    Fletcher Cox
    Stephon Gilmore
    Cordy Glenn
    Kelechi Osemele
    Mike Adams

Pick 26 or later
    Dont’a Hightower
    Janoris Jenkins
    Michael Brockers
    Lamar Miller
    Zebrie Sanders
    Dontari Poe

Pick 33 or later
    Stephen Hill
    Almeda Ta'amu
    Doug Martin

My final draft board will be posted in April after the Pro Days.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Blackmon's 4.46 at his Pro Day pretty much means he will stay at my No. 1 spot. The only things I could see changing my mind would be a major off-the-field incident or possibly a FA WR spending spree by the Rams between now and draft day.

richtree is offline Registered User

Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama (8) ----->>>>>>> South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore is probably as good if not better after workouts and combine.

Kiper has them even, and many like Stephon's speed better

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama (8) ----->>>>>>> South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore is probably as good if not better after workouts and combine.

Kiper has them even, and many like Stephon's speed better
    You seem to have a desire to "correct" the opinions of others, either with your own opinions (which you state as if they are indisputable facts) or by citing to the so-called "experts."

The bottom line is, these are opinions. Nothing more. Right now, I have Kirkpatrick rated above Gilmore (who is, by the way, one of my fasted rising players). Does that mean that Kirkpatrick will be a better pro than Gilmore? Of course not. He might be, he might not. I'd be happy to see either wearing a Rams uniform.

If you think Gilmore is the better player, say why you feel that way. Don't just tell me (or anyone else) that I'm wrong because you or Mel Kiper said so.

richtree is offline Registered User

You seem to have a desire to "correct" the opinions of others, either with your own opinions (which you state as if they are indisputable facts) or by citing to the so-called "experts."

The bottom line is, these are opinions. Nothing more. Right now, I have Kirkpatrick rated above Gilmore (who is, by the way, one of my fasted rising players). Does that mean that Kirkpatrick will be a better pro than Gilmore? Of course not. He might be, he might not. I'd be happy to see either wearing a Rams uniform.

If you think Gilmore is the better player, say why you feel that way. Don't just tell me (or anyone else) that I'm wrong because you or Mel Kiper said so.
    You have a tendency to "jump the gun" and make everything into an attack....I was simply stating that Stephon Gilmore is being rated as high ., and sometimes higher., but not considered on your board....

some people hear the same names mentioned again and again, and then come draft day those names are not called where the mocks have them....

Stephon Gilmore is a guy flying up the board....that is all I am saying., don't be so defensive, MOD

I wasn't being defensive at all. Rather, that was a bit of constructive criticism (which you should learn to take).

(I'm begining to wonder if you even noticed that Gilmore moved from 25 to 13 on my board between Version 1.0 and 2.0).

No matter. You go on what you're doing. I'm only trying to help you with a flaw in your presentation style that several people have noticed.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    not a fan of Zach Brown as an elite OLB in draft....I would rather have Hightower or Upshaw....Also, don't you think it is funny there is not 1 legit Strong Safety being talked about ....

odd year.....I really love your 11-25 guys...Martin over Miller for me but that's just preference....

Also, I can't see Stephen Hill not being a top 40 pick....he should go off the board in the 17-29 range....but if there is anyway he falls to our ROUND 2 PICK -- LOCK HIM UP FOR THAT SPOT
    I'll tell you this-

Stephen Hill-- Primarily a blocker for Paul Johnson's Yellow Jackets- which means he probably is raw at WR.

However-- he has

1) speed
    2) size
    3) plays WR- so he at least knows how routes are run
    4) blocks a alot-- not afraid of contact

= a Kick Arse Strong Safety =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12