Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Av's 3 Round Rams Mock (1/24/13 Edition)

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Av's 3 Round Rams Mock (1/24/13 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Good thoughts. I had the same idea about Spencer considering the Ryan hire. I like Loadholt too, but you're right the Vikes will try to resign him in the worst way.

Just to pivot back to your mock; as I think about it more I'm starting to think that we may trade out of the #16 spot to gain an extra round 2 pick and more. I'm sensing that Elam would be there at #22 if the Rams wanted him. I'm not as certain as you about his value at 16. Its early though and much evaluating needs to be done. One thing I've learned about Les and Jeff is they will not draft a player based solely on need, there has to be value there. I like that as I'm sure you do as well.

Go Rams!
    I love the idea of trading down to secure an extra 2nd round pick. Cincinnati has two 2nd rounders (37 and 53), maybe they'd be interested in trading up to our 16th spot if theres a prospect they like available at that spot.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Av's 3 Round Rams Mock (1/24/13 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Given your lack of any source, you'll forgive me if I disregard your "report" and wait for the Combine.

Besides, I don't see Fauria as a deep threat. Rather, what I've seen of him at UCLA is a guy who is "money" on 3rd down playing from the slot, and a great Red Zone target.
    Lol no problem, he seems like a player who plays faster than what his 40 time would suggest anyways. I agree with you in that he's a HUGE red zone target (they say he's closer to 6-8 than 6-7) and has good hands, but his route running and blocking are both average at best. Good thing is are both those things can be improved on with good coaching, and he definitely has the size (6-7, almost 260 pounds) to be one hell of a blocker. I'd definitely take him in the 4th round, maybe even the 3rd if he has a good showing at the combine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12