Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Annual Sleeper and 10-Foot Pole Lists

Im really not sure id class Mays as a sleeper. While his straight line speed is good, he reportedly has a lack of fluidity in his hips, meaning he probably wont be a good cover guy at the next level. He is expected to be tried at OLB by a lot of teams if they draft him.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

My 10 foot poll guy is Dez Bryant. What is it that you look for in a WR? Good NFL route running, good hands and an excellent work ethic.

Bryant doesn't run good routes, he supposedly drops a lot of catchable balls and is known for showing up late to practice and even games. He's a premier physical talent that excelled in college (because you can excel in college without trying if you have the physical tools) but unless he turns his character around, he'll be a flop in the NFL.

McCluster is a good pick as a 10 foot guy because he came in pretty average speed wise at the combine. Shocked a lot of people supposedly how average he was. I like the guy but he's a 4th round type of guy now.

My sleeper is Damian Williams WR of USC.

As for Benn, he didn't have bad QB play, he had horrible QB play. Williams had difficulty delivering a catchable ball if the throw was over 10 yards. I watched him in person several times and on TV multiple times and the guy was pathetic. The problem for Benn was that he ran longer routes. If he had run the short underneath spread routes they run at Mizzou or Oklahoma State, he'd have caught a heck of a lot more balls.

I remember the Mizzou / Illinois game this past year. Williams would have a receiver on the sidelines WIDE open. I'm talking not a CB within 10 yards because Mizzou was playing deep coverage most of the game. Williams repeatedly couldn't get the ball to the guy. He'd either sail it over their head or skip it to them.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Not sure on the sleepers, but for the third year in a row, Dez in an excited state leads the ten foot pole list.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post

As for Benn, he didn't have bad QB play, he had horrible QB play. Williams had difficulty delivering a catchable ball if the throw was over 10 yards. I watched him in person several times and on TV multiple times and the guy was pathetic. The problem for Benn was that he ran longer routes. If he had run the short underneath spread routes they run at Mizzou or Oklahoma State, he'd have caught a heck of a lot more balls.

I remember the Mizzou / Illinois game this past year. Williams would have a receiver on the sidelines WIDE open. I'm talking not a CB within 10 yards because Mizzou was playing deep coverage most of the game. Williams repeatedly couldn't get the ball to the guy. He'd either sail it over their head or skip it to them.
    Agreed.

I remember watching the Indiana-Illinois game and thinking that at halftime they should set up a barn at midfield and have both QBs attempt to hit it with a pass. First one to do so wins. Then I realized that was a horrible idea, because we would have been there all night.

thehammer Guest

washington....OK I wrote devaney a letter asking to have an open mind about the kid....1st rd talent

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by thehammer View Post
    washington....OK I wrote devaney a letter asking to have an open mind about the kid....1st rd talent
    No doubt, this guy requires a real open mind at this point. I don't expect they'll be making his story into The Blind Side 2.

ludairv is offline Registered User

BENN FTW!!!!! round 2!!!!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    BENN FTW!!!!! round 2!!!!!
    Didn't we have this discussion already on another thread?

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford/ Jimmy Clausen QB:
    Between Bradfords being injury prone and Jimmy Clausen having issues in the maturatiy arena I don't think either one of these guys would be worth the risk of a top 3 pick. Remember if this were a deep to normal class like usual these two would probably rank 3-5 in the QB lineup.
    Why do people say that? i don't remember reading that anywhere. I have heard that if bradford were to have come out last year he would have been the #1 pick. But i have never heard what you are saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12