AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Av's Early Anonymous Rams Draft

Here's what I'd like to see:

Round 1: A DE who has size to hold up against the run and a demonstrated ability to rush the passer. He has played for a top college program, preferrably from the SEC.

Round 2: Big LB. Someone who has some size and can really tackle. Possibly a MLB, maybe a SLB. Speed is a factor, but I don't want any 225 lb. guys even if they can "really run."

Round 3: Interior O lineman or DT. Look for value here. If there is a run-stopper at DT, that would be the preference. Otherwise, a G or C who can provide depth and potentially compete for a starting spot.

Round 4: KR/CB or KR/RB. The Rams need an experienced KR, but can't afford to take a player who can do nothing else. Would like to see a guy who can return kicks and also be a dime back on defense, or a change of pace guy on offense.

Round 5: Pass rushing DE. There will always be guys who fall to Day 2 because they are considered to be one-dimentional pass rushers who can't play the run. While a guy like that shouldn't be a starter, he can be a valuable situational player. I think the Rams could use a guy like that.

Round 6: Small school WR. If Curtis leaves, here's the spot to try to find the next Marcus Colston (yeah, like there's one of those in every draft!)

Round 7: Big fat DT. Jabba D'Hut from Tatoine Tech.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Early Anonymous Rams Draft

Do you want us to guess the Anonymous players?

1st round--DE Quentin Moses Georgia
    2nd round--ILB/OLB Buster Davis Florida State

am i right?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever View Post
    Do you want us to guess the Anonymous players?

1st round--DE Quentin Moses Georgia
    2nd round--ILB/OLB Buster Davis Florida State

am i right?
    I think by anonymous, he means the positions he'd like to address but doesn't want to assign players to those picks yet. Maybe I'm wrong.

The problem with an anonymous plan is that you can't always make it fit into what's available. For instance, most of the first round defensive ends are 'tweeners that could also play 3-4 OLB.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Yes, it is anonymous in the sense that I don't know who would fit these roles. This is what I see as the ideal. Of course, as Nick said, the players that are actually available might very well alter a plan like this, as could free agency.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Round 1: A DE who has size to hold up against the run and a demonstrated ability to rush the passer. He has played for a top college program, preferrably from the SEC.

Round 2: Big LB. Someone who has some size and can really tackle. Possibly a MLB, maybe a SLB. Speed is a factor, but I don't want any 225 lb. guys even if they can "really run."
    I hear what you're sayin', AV, but there's not a lot of size in the DE/LB positions for this draft. If we were picking later in the first, I'd say Adam Carriker (Nebraska) fits your first round bill to a T. But as high as we will pick, Cariker might be a reach. Maybe Abiamiri from Notre Dame. Not as big or strong as Cariker, but quicker. As for big LBs, there's Michigan's David Harris. At 6'2, 250, he'd fill your 2nd round pick nicely IMO.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i would rather sign a DE and draft a big MLB in thr first

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i would rather sign a DE and draft a big MLB in thr first
    Unfortunately, there is no big MLB worthy of a first.....unless Willis packs on 20 pounds between now and then. I'm pushing for UM's David Harris (6'2", 250) in the 2nd or 3rd to fill our big MLB spot.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Unfortunately, there is no big MLB worthy of a first.....unless Willis packs on 20 pounds between now and then. I'm pushing for UM's David Harris (6'2", 250) in the 2nd or 3rd to fill our big MLB spot.
    Sounds alot like last year, time to trade down.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Sounds alot like last year, time to trade down.
    Easier said than done. There are other prospects that can improve our team that you can take where we are currently. Just because it doesn't appear like we can take a player at one position doesn't mean you have to move out of that spot.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

to be honest i dont like looking at actual draft prospects until after the combine, because everything changes with the workout warriors and what have you.

Although with the MLB thing, i dont mind where we take one as long as its first day. When you slot the guy in between Spoon and Pisa he has some good playmakers to lean on while he is learning. But the first thing to do is to sort the DL out so the linebackers can run free to make plays.