Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Av's First Official 2010 Rams Draft Board (12/2/09)

I like Tate, but not as a Top 10 pick.

Bryant has the size (6'2, 215) that the Rams lack at WR. At this point, I see him as the only WR with top 10 potential.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

What do you think of USC's Damian Williams AV?

IMO, he may challenge Bryant for the top WR spot. He has very elite route running.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Wow AV I Disagree!

Jake Locker is way to inconsistent. He is good on short throws down the middle but he is way to inaccurate deep near the sidelines. I watched Locker vs. Stanford (it came in NJ) Maybe doesnt have the recievers but he has to put it in an area where his reciever can make a play. He needs to learn how to throw those passes. In the NFL you need to get out of bounds to stop the clock i would not trust Locker with a 2 minute offense. Also something else i noticed in that game is he needs to make better reads with double coverages and needs to stop starring down his target too often. I think he should stay in college 1 more year and work on his arm strength and his reads.

So Locker should not be a #1.

Suh is good

I am not doubting you on Morgan's talent but there is no way he should rank higher than Gerald McCoy. He is the type of DT that a 4-3 defense needs to be sucessful. He can get to the QB and penetrate. McCoy is a bigger need and has more talent than Morgan. However i liked how you did not include the overrated Dunlap instead you included the underrated Morgan. But he should be #6 or #7 not #3

Clausen #5 you cannot be serious. Clausen cannot be a franchise QB? you cannot be serious. What makes you believe he that Locker has more potential than Clausen? Also a QB does not need to be 6-3 to be good. Drew Brees is 6-0. Clausen is a jack of all traits master of none. He can do everything well but nothing perfect. He already has the talent to be a starter immediately. If Shurmur is still the O-coordinator and he wants to have a Qb run his system i think he will take Clausen over Locker to run the WCO that requires good reads.

Bradford maybe

You sold me on spiller

Dez Bryant should be higher

Berry id good if OJ leaves

Mount Cody is good.

My draft board:

1. Jimmy Clausen QB
    2. Kingakong Suh DT
    3. Gerald McCoy DT
    4. Dez Bryant WR
    5. Jacke Locker QB
    6. Derrek Morgan DE
    7. CJ Spiller RB/WR/RS
    8. Russel Okung OT
    9. Joe Haden DB
    10. Jermaine Gresham TE

Some comments after a buy college football weekend:

Locker had his best game of the season against a ranked Cal team. Three TD passes and 2 rushing TDs. Could be his college finale, so next comes the testing process.

If there was any doubt about Suh, there is none now. Against Texas he was, in word, unblockable. If you want something close to a sure thing, its Suh.

Morgan impressed me against Clemson. He was in the backfield all day and showed a lot of different pass rush moves. I also liked the way he was moved around on the D line. That could fit very well in Spags' system.

Spiller? Wow. If you didn't see his performance against GaTech, you really missed something. 200+ yards and 4 TDs, all with a toe that had him limping to the sideline (and once to the locker room) throughout the game. The Rams probably won't take him, so let's just hope he doesn't land in the division.

Cody is HUGE. But what impressed me most against UF was that he's actually an athlete. They even had him line up as a FB in goal line situations, much like the Bears used to use The Fridge.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

How about Jimmy Claussen 340 yards and a career high 5 TDs, capping a season where he completed nearly 70% of his passes

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam
    What do you think of USC's Damian Williams AV?

IMO, he may challenge Bryant for the top WR spot. He has very elite route running.
    I don't think he'll challenge Bryant. Williams is a good prospect, but I think that if the Rams are going to take a WR in the first two rounds, they need to get bigger at the position. One guy I like a lot as a potential 2nd round pick is Demaryius Thomas at GaTech. He is built like Anquan Boldin (6'3, 229) and had 1,000+ receiving, an avg. of nearly 25 ypc, and 8 TDs playing on a team that runs the option.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade
    Jake Locker is way to inconsistent.

I think he should stay in college 1 more year and work on his arm strength and his reads.
    Actually, Locker was fairly consistent. If you look at his performances this year, he did not have a single game with a passer rating below (on the college scale) 100.

As for his arm strength... I have no idea what you are talking about. He has the strongest arm among all of the top QB prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast
    How about Jimmy Claussen 340 yards and a career high 5 TDs, capping a season where he completed nearly 70% of his passes.
    How about him? He's No. 5 on my draft board, and my second ranked QB. I think that means that I believe he is a very good prospect.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-10-2009 at 07:20 PM.

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

I like Locker, I think he'll have a solid career but I don't think he's worth our first pick. Ndamukong Suh (I didn't have to look up the spelling) is one of the top DT's in the last 10 years. I will not be surprised if he is the #1 overall by the time the draft gets here. I do not want Clausen as our first, he just doesn't impress me as a long term leader for a franchise. I would be fine if we trade down on draft day and get two #1's including a trade of SJax if we can also get Spiller (who will be a star) and a DT. There's a later round QB out there, we just need to identify and let them learn for a year or two.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Actually, Locker was fairly consistent. If you look at his performances this year, he did not have a single game with a passer rating below (on the college scale) 100.
    C'mon AV you only reply 2 one of my Locker Arguments?

I know he has the arm but what i mean is the accuracy. Jamarcus Russel also has a good arm but no accuracy.

Now let me tell you i only saw 1 of his games and he threw it horribly near the sidelines. He threw like Kyle Boller 10 ft over his receivers head. That's got to improve.

As soon as this guy declares i will gather scouting reports about this guy from 5 reliable sources.

But from what i saw he needs work and we need an immediate starter to Locker should not be at the top.

I think fans have been misguided by the early success of Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. In most cases, QBs who start as rookies don't do all that well. Look at Stafford and Sanchez. Both have passer ratings in the 60s.

Given this, I don't think the QB discussion should begin and end with an evaluation of who we think could start on opening day in 2010. The answer might very well be "none of the above."

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Please .. no Qb in round one unless we are able to trade down .. even then, I'd rather have Suh, G. McCoy, or (if we traded down a wee bit), Mount Cody. If Colt McCoy were to last until the second rd, (highly unlikely), I'd be all for it.

I'll throw in this disclaimer though: If Spags and/or Billy D. really believe there is a "can't miss" QB worth the number 1 or 2 overall pick in the draft, then so be it. Upgrading our D-line, wide receiver corp, and O-line are priorities (IMO). I am not sold on Barron, and if the Rams can find another solid tackle somewhere in rds 2, 3, or4, I'd be happy ..

A minor retraction...

In my comments, I said that Gerald McCoy is only a hair below Suh. I take that back. After looking at their year end (pre-Bowl) stats, its really not close. Suh is head and shoulders above any defensive player in this draft.

When it comes down to it, the only reason he's not No. 1 on my board is the hope that Locker is a franchise-type QB. I look at it this way... if you knew you had a choice between a guy who would be as good as, say... Ben Roethlisberger, and a guy who would be as good as, say... Warren Sapp, which would you take? In my book, a franchise QB has more value than any other position (I doubt I'm alone in that thought).

That said, you also have to assess the likelihood that a prospect will turn into the kind of Pro Bowl player you hope he will. From my observations, the players who seem to have the highest % likelihood of becoming dominant pros are (1) Suh, (2) Spiller, (3) Morgan (I have Morgan above Spiller because the Rams clearly have a much greater need for pass rusher than a RB).

So, we'll see how this develops over time, but right now, I'm still like my ranking.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Suh moves to the top of the board, Locker is staying for his senior year.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

About the Terrance Cody thing, he is a good athlete and NT. He is actually a fast guy even with his frame.

However, we already have a couple good and improving NT's in Ryan and Scott.

I would much rather get a guy like Suh to play in the UT spot to rush the passer.

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Suh moves to the top of the board, Locker is staying for his senior year.
    Assuming he does not change his mind (some have in the past), then that would put Suh firmly at the top of my board, as I don't see any of the other QBs as such a sure thing that they should be #1 over him.

As for who will be added to my board to fill the vacant spot at #10... I'm not sure at this moment. Possibly Taylor Mays.

ludairv is offline Registered User

its Either Suh or Berry .....1 and 2 ....which ever order u want...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast