Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TheRammer Guest

Re: Av's First Official 2010 Rams Draft Board (12/2/09)

QUESTION: Did Piker choose to stay one more year or am i wrong?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Tony Pike is a Senior.

Jake Locker is returning to school.

I don't know who "Piker" is.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Question: is it worth it if the Rams cant get Suh at number 1 to go for Gerald Mccoy with the second pick? are they equally talented or something....dont know too much about him...and his name keeps poppin up and its startin to scare...me apparently they play the same position...

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Tony Pike is a Senior.

Jake Locker is returning to school.

I don't know who "Piker" is.
    Agh thanks for clarifing that up

I think I put that because I got Piker from that movie Snatch lol

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    Question: is it worth it if the Rams cant get Suh at number 1 to go for Gerald Mccoy with the second pick? are they equally talented or something....dont know too much about him...and his name keeps poppin up and its startin to scare...me apparently they play the same position...
    G.McCoy is a very good prospect and is currently #3 on my board.

I have Suh, who I think is far and away the best prospect, and Derrick Morgan, who I think would bring more than McCoy as a pass rusher, ahead of him.

G.McCoy is a very good prospect and is currently #3 on my board.

I have Suh, who I think is far and away the best prospect, and Derrick Morgan, who I think would bring more than McCoy as a pass rusher, ahead of him.
    So anyother dlineman taken 2nd is pretty much a consolation prize for not getting Suh is what your sayin?.....this is exactly why i think we should friggen take Eric Berry ....*NExt Best Talent on Board...Devaney said it himself in his STLRams chat....

Hey Mr Devaney... i know its too early to talk about this ,but, in this upcoming off season and draft will it be more of a priority to add talent rather then positional depth? also if the guy you want isn't available in the draft (in any round) for the rams because hes been picked, will you take the next best "talented player" regardless of his position?

General Manager Billy Devaney, Stlouisrams.com
    Ideally, when it's your turn to pick you have options from a couple of players and one of those players is a need position. If, however, it's your turn to pick and there's a player on the board that's graded much higher than the next group, even if it isn't a position need, you need to take that player.

So anyother dlineman taken 2nd is pretty much a consolation prize for not getting Suh is what your sayin?.....
    No, that's not even remotely what I am saying.

I have the prospects ranked in my order of preference for the Rams. If Suh is not available, I think Derrick Morgan, who I expect to be a great NFL pass rusher, would be the next best option.

No, that's not even remotely what I am saying.

I have the prospects ranked in my order of preference for the Rams. If Suh is not available, I think Derrick Morgan, who I expect to be a great NFL pass rusher, would be the next best option.
    what im understanding is you want to draft for need then...? iunno i still think they take the next best talent...

what im understanding is you want to draft for need then...? iunno i still think they take the next best talent...
    Dude, either you have a problem comprehending or you are just trying to put words in my mouth.

I don't agree with you that Berry is the second best talent in the draft. Even if I did, a draft choice should be based on both perceived talent and need. In my opinion, the biggest need is QB. However, as there is not a QB who I view to be a top prospect (not that Locker's out of the mix), I'm going with the best players at the next biggest need - DL.

I don't see much of a point in taking Berry. That would mean the Rams would be letting Atogwe go. Even if Berry proves to be better than Atogwe, why use a No. 1 pick to upgrade a position where you already have (pending a contract renewal) a very good and young player?

Berry, for me, is only really an option if the Rams trade down.

Dude, either you have a problem comprehending or you are just trying to put words in my mouth.

I don't agree with you that Berry is the second best talent in the draft. Even if I did, a draft choice should be based on both perceived talent and need. In my opinion, the biggest need is QB. However, as there is not a QB who I view to be a top prospect (not that Locker's out of the mix), I'm going with the best players at the next biggest need - DL.

I don't see much of a point in taking Berry. That would mean the Rams would be letting Atogwe go. Even if Berry proves to be better than Atogwe, why use a No. 1 pick to upgrade a position where you already have (pending a contract renewal) a very good and young player?

Berry, for me, is only really an option if the Rams trade down.
    I hear ya, but i still truly believe he is one of the best playmakers in this draft if not the best(and if they could get pick(s) for Atogwe that would be amazing). but if they dont get suh would it be mccoy or morgan ? do u think theyl stay or slide outta the top 4-5? also couldnt you consider the depth also in this draft for d-lineman... arguably many 2nd rounders could be 1st rounders in this draft......what scares me is that Spags is a situational pass rusher.....mixxin n matchin the lines for different situations...if they Draft suh (which i hope they do) would he be a constant in the middle?

Atogwe would have to be signed before he could be traded.

As for Spags' system, Justin Tuck played most downs when he was coaching the Giants. So did Michael Strahan. Spags isn't going to platoon a guy with Suh's talent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123