Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Free Agent "Hot List"

Odell Thurman is going to be cut too. I know he has very heavy baggage but could he play Sam Linebacker?

RamsFan16

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

"Heavy baggage" is an understatement. He'd be a big risk, so I'd only consider him with an EXTREMELY cap friendly deal (i.e. an iron-clad out clause if he misses time due to any misconduct).

As for Haynesworth, he strikes me as a much more salvageable player. Yes, what he did was horrible, but it was clearly a heated moment action which, as far as I know, was not part of any pattern of behavior.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Odell Thurman is going to be cut too. I know he has very heavy baggage but could he play Sam Linebacker?
    Suspended by the league for a season is very very heavy baggage. We already have Byrd up for charges, we dont want to bring in another guy who will do worse and then we start being like the Bengals with all those arrests etc

He is a very good player though, but he may have an attitude that cant change. Either way its a bit of a risk.

Added Patrick Kerney to the list. He's coming off an injury, and just turned 30, but he's a consistent pass rusher with decent size (273 lbs.). At the right price, he could be a good fit.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Added Patrick Kerney to the list. He's coming off an injury, and just turned 30, but he's a consistent pass rusher with decent size (273 lbs.). At the right price, he could be a good fit.
    He definitely has the intangibles and overall leadership quailities you'd look for.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I dont think we need 2 sign Nate Clements beacause our secondary is showing big progress and will only get better.But we desperatly need to get some big playmakers to stop the run.Either in FA or draft some1,because no matter how good your secondary is with 7-100000 seconds to throw the ball you will eventually find some1 open.We need to get a good run stopper perhaps a OLB or a DE.Even though i would love to draft Reggie Nelson that wont happen lol

Is Patrick Kerney even a Free Agent? I don't think he is.
    RamsFan16

Not sure why you think that.

Kerney wants to return in '07

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 12/28/06
    Flowery Branch Defensive end Patrick Kerney, who was placed on injured reserve with a torn pectoral muscle Nov. 20, will become an unrestricted free agent if he can't work out a new deal with the Falcons.
    "I think right now we are planning on getting something done," Kerney said. "That was as of three weeks ago. Things change, but still, I'd like to be back here."
    Kerney is banking on the current coaching staff returning, but he will factor any changes into his decision.
    "Right now, I expect Jim [Mora] to be back, Ed Donatell and Bill Johnson, that's who affects me," Kerney said. "I also enjoy working for Mr. [Arthur] Blank, tremendously. That's a huge factor for me as well. As well as [president and general manager] Rich McKay. As long as the people that I expect to be back are here, which I do expect, it all should go, hopefully, well."
    During free agency, there will be 12 teams that are at least $29.5 million under the salary cap. Kerney, who made the Pro Bowl in 2004, could likely command a higher salary from another team.
    "I think there's enough respect from both sides of this business that neither of us are going to ask anything unreasonable from the other side," Kerney said.
    He's aware of the potentially lucrative free-agent market.
    "Yeah, so my agents have told me," Kerney said. "They've let me know who's got what."

Ok I'm sorry. I just figured that if he was a Free Agent than Footballsfuture.com would have had it on there website.
    RamsFan16

Tsk, tsk! You should know that the best place for NFL information is right here at ClanRam!

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Tsk, tsk! You should know that the best place for NFL information is right here at ClanRam!
    I second that!

jquarando is offline Registered User

What about Terdell Sands? He a beast at 6'7" 335 pounds. Hes playing backup right now so should come cheaper than anyone else. Our interior defensive line was the only thing holding us back from the playoffs and should be fixed thru the draft and free agency. Bigger DT's to keep Will and Pisa in the play. This is what Ray Lewis wanted and I think Ray knows a thing or two about playing linebacker.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Sands is an option, but i hear that Oakland are trying to resign him. He would be a good addition considering his size, but i dont know much about his talent and desire.

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post
    What about Terdell Sands? He a beast at 6'7" 335 pounds. Hes playing backup right now so should come cheaper than anyone else. Our interior defensive line was the only thing holding us back from the playoffs and should be fixed thru the draft and free agency. Bigger DT's to keep Will and Pisa in the play. This is what Ray Lewis wanted and I think Ray knows a thing or two about playing linebacker.
    He's #4 on my list. I have a feeling, though, that he might be re-signed by the Raiders before the Rams or anyone else can get a shot at him.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I personally have always believed in having strap CB's so i would love to pick up Assante Samuals and Nate Clements.With good CB's you can rely on them and put more pressure on the QB to make him throw a bad pass then thats how picks come .Thats how i view it at least

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast