Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Free Agent "Hot List"

BTW i know that wont happen but i was jus saying wat i would like to happen lol

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

we have a good enough Secondary, but they cant cover someone for 10 seconds at a time. If we had a decent pass rush then the QB would be hurried into throwing. At the moment the QB can wait for the WRs to get open

MemphisRam is offline Registered User

Chris Jenkins, Charles grant, Adalius Thomas would be Ideal for us. If we can
    get players like them or equal to. CHAMPIONSHIP. p.S people laugh in my face for being sold out for the RAMS next year would be a we'll see who's laughing. Cowboys Suck!!!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Its not KRIS Jenkins from Carolina, its Cullen Jenkins for Green Bay, who isn't a bad Defensive Tackle as of late either.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Its not KRIS Jenkins from Carolina, its Cullen Jenkins for Green Bay, who isn't a bad Defensive Tackle as of late either.
    Cullen is 6-3 290, Kris is 6-4 335. They may be brothers, and Kris may have been injured, but we are going for size on the DL, so Kris would be the guy for me out of those two

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Right now, Kris is not a FA. As I noted earlier, he may be cut for cap reasons. If that happens, he'd be in the top 3 on my Hot List.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

I'm just hoping for some DL help (grant, sands ect) and an upgrade over brandon chillar.
    Built RAM tough

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Added Asante Samuel to the "Hot List."

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Kris Jenkins would be one hell of a pickup if he's somehow let go as a cap casualty and we could somehow nab him.

Imagine a D-Line of Leonard Little, Kris Jenkins, ___________ (Terdell Sands?), Charles Grant... I think it's safe to say we wouldn't have our reccuring run-stopping problems.

its a nice thought but i doubt we could afford to buy both Charles Grant AND Kris Jenkins. Especially since they are likely to be the top FAs at their positions (if Jenkins is released of course, and since it seems Justin Smith may get tagged)

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

One of the two, and we're set. Ideally Jenkins, then we could draft a first-rounder to start immediately, maybe Adam Carriker opposite Little?

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    One of the two, and we're set. Ideally Jenkins, then we could draft a first-rounder to start immediately, maybe Adam Carriker opposite Little?
    Carriker isnt much of a pass rusher. However, the DE class in this years draft is deeper then DT. Of the two positions, it may be better for the Rams to sign a FA DT and then draft a DE rather then the other way around

Stlskaterprep696 is offline Registered User

Hows it going guys?? Idk i'm kinda new... Been Football fan for about 2 years now.. was a hockey fan but now all football and a big rams fan right now. First season watching every game and keeping up w/ draft and everything. But id like to make my case i like what tomahawk said about we had good secondary just can't cover sum1 for 10 seconds. I've noticed over the last couple of seasons that the rams really havn't gotten too many people that have come to live up to their hype. You can say witherspoon and chavous did their job, but was it as good as we thought it would be. This last season we got a pro bowler in laroi glover and i'm sorry to say he didn't look nothing like what we wanted, not helping out our run game getting penalties that our d-line usually doesn't get, old guy lol and making sum moneys. But in the recent drafts we coulda gotten people like troy polamalu and santana moss and much much more thats just what i remember there are far more guys than that. Is it possible that we suck at drafting or that unlucky or is it the fact that players don't come to play or we don't have good chemistry?? can the coaches coach who we have?? i mean u look at the good defenses right, i never knew any1 on thier defense till that season, the coaches made the chemistry between the players they had on that defense and made names for themselves... asante samuel rodney harrison richard seymour i mean every1 on their defense is an idol now and the bears tooo i mean y can't the rams even have one good one?? maybe cuz its our effort or coaching i mean look at the colts for example: i think they were 32nd behind the rams in run defense in the league b4 playoffs. now i knew they would turn it around in the playoffs but how did i know?? cuz teams cum to play in the playoffs i believe that bulger when he talked bout the effort of our o-line well hell ya first of all that seems like a boring job second of all the man got sacked 49 times making it the new record that is just amazing and was very comparable to peyton manning this season.... exept in sacks: peyton 14, bulger 49, int's: peyton 9(threw alteast 30 less attempts), bulger 8(threw atleast 30 more times) : peyton 31, bulger 24 rating: peyton 101 bulger 92 and peyton completion % 65.0 and bulger 62.9 now i don't know bout any1 else here but i would say that is amazing for getting sacks 49 times, and its not bulgers fault he did well running away this season, that is just terrible 49 times amagine what he coulda done if he had 14 sacks like manning thats incredible... and people say manning just better at rolling out well y do qb's roll out ?? cuz they have time/ room to run and their guys aren't open, well ur sol if u have no time and no1 open... still a probowl qb 49 times sacks
    i just don't think if we get one big name guy its gonna make a difference that much if we would pay hellas to get sameul then we didn't solve our run game i think we get samuel and learn how to stop the run, i mean theres got to b a way its not our players how can it be?? Top 5 qb Top5 rb Top5 WR thats what we proved this season on offense steven jackson is who we thought he should b w/ a o-line giving up 49 sacks so i made my case go rams....

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Add Corey Simon to the list:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ohn&id=2754973

The Colts have a dozen unrestricted free agents and only $2.5 million of cap room, but numbers can be deceiving. Manning has a $10 million roster bonus that will be converted into a signing bonus to save cap room. That could save $8 million. The Colts could save a little more by cutting wide receiver Brandon Stokley and defensive tackle Corey Simon. They can restructure some contracts.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187398
    RamsFan16

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Some interesting news I heard this afternoon on Sirius' Movin' the Chains.

Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan are the guys on this talk show....They both are anticipating/predicting that Charles Grant and Asante Samuels are going to be franchised.

FYI

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast