Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Av's Free Agent RADAR (15 UFAs I want!) Version 1.0

Here are the guys I really want to see in Spiralhorns next year:

1. Alan Faneca, OG, Steelers
    Faneca wants to leave Pittsburgh, and would be a perfect fit for the Rams. He would bring great run blocking and toughness, and would help keep interior linemen from getting in Bulger's face. The Rams will, no doubt, have a lot of competition for his services, though.

2. Jordan Gross, OT, Panthers OFF THE MARKET
    Carolina may lock him up before the open market starts, but if they don't, the Rams should make a run at him. He's a solid tackle with experience playing both the left and right side, as well as the guard spot. Signing him would do two things: (1) it would ensure that the Rams are covered if Pace does not come back and (2) it would eliminate the need to consider taking an OT in the first round of the draft.

3. Jared Allen, DE, Chiefs OFF THE MARKET
    Wherever he plays in 2008, he'll be well paid. Not many 25 year old DEs out there with 21 sacks over the past two seasons. His alcohol problems seem to be behind him, so he'll be sought after throughout the league. If the Rams could get him, though, the team would be on its way to building a great young DL (when I dream, I think of an Allen/Carriker/Ryan/C.Long DL).

4. Lance Briggs, OLB, Bears
    Another guy who will be getting a huge contract. I've already read that the Niners want to make a run at him. The Rams have spent quite a bit on the LB corps in recent years, so I have my doubts they'd go after Briggs. Still, he would be a great addition.

5. Jake Scott, OG, Colts
    Could have a similar impact as Faneca. Has been a solid performer on an O line that has kept Peyton Manning's jersey pretty clean over the past few years. Colts will likely try to lock him up. If not, I'd try to sign him quickly.

6. Bernard Berrian, WR, Bears
    The Rams need a deep threat, and Berrian fits that role. He's not a No. 1 WR, though, so I'm not sure you break the bank for his services. Still, at 27, he's got experience, but still is in his prime.

7. Terrell Suggs, DE/OLB, Ravens OFF THE MARKET
    Here's a guy who doesn't really fit the Rams' base 4-3, but could go a long way toward making the use of a 3-4 viable. Imagine a front 7 of Carriker/Ryan/C.Long up front, with Suggs/Spoon/Draft/Pisa at the LB. Intriguing.

8. Justin Smith, DE, Bengals
    I have mixed feelings about Smith. On the one hand, he's a solid peformer with some upside. On the other, he just does not present as a top-tier pass rusher. If the Rams were to sign him, they should still look to draft a DE in the first 2 rounds of the draft. After all, Little and Hall are not getting any younger.

9. Kawika Mitchell, OLB, Giants
    If the Rams don't feel that Chillar is worth signing long-term, how about Mitchell to fill that role? He has good size and has been a productive player for several years. Also, it never hurts to take a player from the Champs.

10. Devery Henderson, WR, Saints
    Here's a guy who could be on the verge of being a very productive player. Here's a stat that jumps out at you: in the last three years he has 74 total receptions for an average of 20.2 yards per catch. Probably could be had for less than top level money, too.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -02-20-2008 at 02:06 PM.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Av's FA Radar (10 UFAs I want!) Version 1.0

Ryan Lilja the starting LG for the Colt, there have been rumors he is the guy the Rams are interested in signing. I believe it was Thomas who hinted in an interview that his name has been mentioned a few times.

Jared Allen will not be coming to the Rams. There is just no way they sign a guy with alcohol problems to replace a guy who killed someone while earning a DWI.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Gross is an interesting guy. I'm not a big fan of signing a free agent tackle instead of draftingone, but he could potentially move inside or force one of the Pace/Barron duo to move inside and improve our line play immediately.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

There is talk already about the Rams moving Barron inside. Gross makes an interesting conversation for us Rams fans.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

if we do sign a top tier OL i will have no problems with signing chris long. most people on here know that i want jake long, but if we sign Jordan Gross, i will be all for drafting chris long.

Profootball Weekly says the Panthers #2 priority is signing Jordon Gross (right after Peppers) to a long term contract. Whoever doesn't get signed is likely to receive the franchise tag.

Where are you guys reading that Barron could be moved inside? He didn't even play inside during college so that would take some significant transition time I would think.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Profootball Weekly says the Panthers #2 priority is signing Jordon Gross (right after Peppers) to a long term contract. Whoever doesn't get signed is likely to receive the franchise tag.
    Do they have enough money for that, especially given their other needs? We'll see.

Where are you guys reading that Barron could be moved inside? He didn't even play inside during college so that would take some significant transition time I would think.
    It came up in Jeff Gordon's chat yesterday. Its easier to transition in than out because you have less to worry about. Barron's problems aren't physical, they're mental...so that move makes a little sense. Still I doubt it happens.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Do they have enough money for that, especially given their other needs? We'll see.
    When all of the Jenkins discussion was swirling around last season, there was talk that Peppers wanted to be the highest paid defense player in the country. That title currently rests with Dwight Freeney who signed a whopper of a deal with the Colts earlier this year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Where are you guys reading that Barron could be moved inside?
    From Jeff Gordo's Monday edition of Gordo Live...

Alex Alvidrez: Pull some strings with the coaching staff and see if you can get them to Alex Barron to right guard. It turned Leneord Davis into the pro bowler this year. I got Pace at Lt Tackle, Barron at Lt. Guard, Romberg at center, Ingognito at Rt. Guard, and the rookie Long at Rt. Tackle. What's your view. THX

Jeff Gordon: That has come up in discussion. The kid is a great athlete. But he may never be a great tackle. Too much going on there. Then again, what are the odds the Rams can find the right guy for RT? And are they sure Pace can come back?

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Free Agent RADAR (15 UFAs I want!) Version 1.0

What does everyone think of Mitchell now, especially after the post-season, where he seemed to shine. I know this isn't really as pressing of a need as some of the other positions represented on this list, but it's worth discussing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    From Jeff Gordo's Monday edition of Gordo Live...
    Thanks. I hadn't seen that at all.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I think Devery Henderson is an interesting option. We could get him for short money??

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    There is talk already about the Rams moving Barron inside. Gross makes an interesting conversation for us Rams fans.
    I think it makes perfect sense moving False Start Barron closer to the ball. Not only will he be able to see the "Pigskin" and hear the QB better he'll be able to smell the "Pigskin".

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Jared Allen will not be coming to the Rams. There is just no way they sign a guy with alcohol problems to replace a guy who killed someone while earning a DWI.
    you cant really say that. we already took a chance on a guy with past drug problems. so you never know what they will do. and from my knowledge his drinking problems are pretty much past him.
    Built RAM tough

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Devry Henderson would be a great addition to this ballclub... the kid is blazing fast and could fill that number 3 receiver for us. Plus we could sign him to a relatively cheap contract as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast