Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Post Draft FA Wish List

No WR makes this list? Is it because you don't like any of the FA's out there? Or is because you believe the Rams have a legit #1...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    No WR makes this list? Is it because you don't like any of the FA's out there? Or is because you believe the Rams have a legit #1...
    Assuming that the Rams re-sign Mark Clayton, I can't see them spending the money it would take to get a guy like Sidney Rice or Vincent Jackson, and signing another "number 2" WR wouldn't make much sense, so I'm presuming that the Rams won't be very active in the WR FA market.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Not when we just drafted two WR's. I know some wanted an overhaul of our whole corps, but Clayton meshed beautifully with Sam, so we need to bring him back, plus two rookies, plus Amendola, plus at most two of Avery, Gibson, Gilyard, and DX and we have a full corps. And I say at most two, because at worst, one of the rookies goes to the PS and we carry five, but I doubt it, as they'd get picked from waivers.

We might carry six, but if I were Gilyard and Gibson, I'd be working my tail off or packing my bags, because they at least have to climb over Avery and DX to stay on the roster.
    I believe!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=TekeRam;385562]Not when we just drafted two WR's. I know some wanted an overhaul of our whole corps, but Clayton meshed beautifully with Sam, so we need to bring him back, plus two rookies, plus Amendola, plus at most two of Avery, Gibson, Gilyard, and DX and we have a full corps. And I say at most two, because at worst, one of the rookies goes to the PS and we carry five, but I doubt it, as they'd get picked from waivers.

It dosen't matter how many you draft! Who's your #1!

Give me a rotation of Clayton, Avery and DX on the outside for 16 games and I'll give you #1 production. Watch Sam make it happen.
    I believe!

I think "who's your No. 1" is kind of a moot question.

The way I see it (absent a blockbuster trade), there were three potential No. 1 WRs available this offeason:

1. A.J. Green - taken 4th in the draft.
    2. Julio Jones - taken #6 in the draft by a team that paid a King's ransom.
    3. Sidney Rice - not available until FA officially begins.

So, from a practical standpoint, the only issue is whether the Rams should pursue Rice.

My opinion? The Rams would be better off finding a starting OT, DT and/or OLB in FA. I think we have enough prospects at WR and TE to have a very productive passing game.

Vincent Jackson may also be available this offseason as well, as well as Santonio Holmes, and both of them could fit a #1 role, but I doubt that the Rams will go after either of the or Rice.

New starting pieces at OG and all three levels of the defense are much more needed in my opinion.
    I believe!

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think "who's your No. 1" is kind of a moot question.

The way I see it (absent a blockbuster trade), there were three potential No. 1 WRs available this offeason:

1. A.J. Green - taken 4th in the draft.
    2. Julio Jones - taken #6 in the draft by a team that paid a King's ransom.
    3. Sidney Rice - not available until FA officially begins.

So, from a practical standpoint, the only issue is whether the Rams should pursue Rice.

My opinion? The Rams would be better off finding a starting OT, DT and/or OLB in FA. I think we have enough prospects at WR and TE to have a very productive passing game.
    Hey Av.
    I agree with you in not seeking a WR free agency. (except The Rams own Clayton)
    I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by OT. I know the Rams could use a Gaurd. What do you plan to do with the starting OT's the Rams have now.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    1. Barry Cofield, DT, N.Y. Giants - Would be a great acquisition.
    2. Davin Joseph, OG, Tampa - He's a very solid mauler and pass blocker.
    3. James Anderson, OLB, Carolina - Anderson is a beast.
    4. Manny Lawson, OLB, San Francisco - Would be good depth.
    5. Darren Sproles, RB, San Diego - Great compliment to Jackson, would give our offense some explosiveness.
    6. Justin Blalock, OG, Atlanta - Solid guard.
    7. Brandon Mebane, DT, Seattle - Good rotation DT. Has nice strength and awareness.
    8. Rocky McIntosh, OLB, Washington - Would be a starter.
    9. Eric Weddle, S, San Diego - Underrated.
    10. Daniel Manning, S, Chicago - Good depth.
    11. Jerome Harrison, RB, Philadelphia - Don't know anything about him.
    12. Thomas Howard, OLB, Oakland - Beast.
    13. Tim Hightower, RB, Arizona - Would like to have him. He's a good runner.
    14. Chris Gocong, OLB, Philadelphia - Good depth.
    15. Jonathan Goodwin, OG, New Orleans - Very very good guard.
    My favorite free agents on your list is 1st DT Barry Cofield. Secondly anyone of the Gaurds on your list. Evan though I still like Greco. I'm not a fan of Goldberg.
    Third , I like the way Tim Hightower runs and he won't cost the Rams a ton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Barry Cofield and Justin Blalock are musts (IMO). Depending on Bush's willingness to sign a scatback contract will decide his fate here and I'd also like to get Daniel Manning (assuming we're not going for either one of the two) but I have a feeling Spags has trust in our current players right now. It'd be possible to nab Eric Weddle but it'll probably cost a Duke's Ransom and some draft picks to get him (depending on how the CBA pans out).
    I like the way your thinking. The Rams Team will not spend tons of money on free agents. So I'm hoping for atleast two.

James Anderson will be a nice choice to get at OLB (due to his familiarity with Flajole) and I'm one of the few sore thumbs around here but I'd also consider getting a backup QB to play it safe just in case Bradford's down, say Matt Moore. I can see him flourishing at least decently under McDaniels's system.
    i agree with you on getting a different Back up QB. Maybe Rams could trade A.J. Freely to the Browns for a 5th or 6th round pick. He is a Pat Shurmer West Coast system guy anyway.

The reference to "OT" was a typo. I meant "OG."

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Can Lawson player 4-3 LB? I know he was DE in college and then a 3-4 rush linebacker for the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    Can Lawson player 4-3 LB? I know he was DE in college and then a 3-4 rush linebacker for the Cards.
    I think he could fit in the role that Kiwanuka played for Spags in New York. Kind of a SLB/DE hybrid, if you will.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Its good to see that the Rams did a good job drafting for need and that their should be enough decent players the Rams will get a crack at during free agency. All the OLB mentioned above will be upgrades for our team. The OG's should be better than what we have at the moment.
    I cannot see how this team does not improve talent wise, I just wish this lockout will be worked out in June.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12