AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Av's Projection for the first 12 picks of Round 2

33. Houston Texans: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    This makes perfect sense. Houston didn't like any of the QBs enough to pull the trigger with the first pick and pass up a chance at Jadeveon Clowney, but they really need a new signal caller. This is the right spot for Carr.

34. Washington Redskins: Joel Bitonio, OT/OG, Nevada
    The Redskins need to improve their OL, and Bitonio could be a Day 1 starter at either RT or OG. They could also look at the defensive backfield, but with the early run on CBs (5 taken in Round 1) and safeties (4 taken in Round 1), Bitonio is a better value.

35. Cleveland Browns: Marquise Lee, WR, USC
    With Johnny Manziel in the fold, adding a weapon to the receiving corps is a priority. Lee's stock tumbled last season and during the pre-draft beauty contest, but he could become a very good No. 2 opposite Josh Gordon.

36. Oakland Raiders: Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
    There are so many directions the Raiders could go in at this point. WR and QB are definitely possible. I have a feeling, though, that they'll wait because the value might not be there at QB and WR is a very deep position. Moses is a protypical RT.

37. Atlanta Falcons: Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
    The Falcons two biggest needs going into the drat were OT and pass rusher. They checked off the first box in Round 1, and now obtain a DE who gits the second need.

38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
    The Bucs' OL is in transition, and they could use a solid, young player in the interior. Jackson is not the most nimble player, but he is a mauler in the running game.

39. Jacksonville Jaguars: Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State
    If Blake Bortles is going to start early in his career, he'll need to have a good running game to make his job easier. Hyde is a good all-around back who will be a good replacement for Maurice Jones-Drew.

40. Seattle Seahawks: Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA
    What do you get for the team that has (almost) everything? Actually, the Seahawks' OL was held together by duct tape for a portion of the season, and a young interior OL is a good move. After all, for all the talk about Russell Wilson, the Hawks are a running team.

41. Buffalo Bills: Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

The Bills have a significant need at OT. They had a pre-draft meeting with Kouandjio,and if they were convinced that his knees can hold up, I think he'll be the pick here. Definitely a combination of upside and risk.

42. Tennessee Titans: Stanley Jean-Bapiste, CB, Nebraska
    With Alterraun Verner departing in FA, the Titans need a starting CB. Jean-Baptiste is a big CB in the mold of a Richard Sherman. He will match up well with the big WRs that seem to be emerging in the NFL.

43. New York Giants: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    The Giants OL needs some work. Martin will play right away, and help keep DTs from pushing the pocket and forcing Eli Manning out of his comfort zone.

44. St. Louis Rams: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood
    Though I have Desir ranked below FSU's Terrence Brooks, a pure "center fielder" FS, I think the Rams would opt for a CB over a safety. Desir has very good size (6'1, 206) and does well in press-coverage. He could also, if the need arises, potentially transition to the FS spot, given his measureables.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -05-09-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Mikey is online now Registered User

Re: Av's Projection for the first 12 picks of Round 2

Desir would be another nice play maker in the secondary for sure. A couple nice FS options out there with him too. Will be interesting to see the second round unfold. Almost more excited over tonight than last night.

demiurge is offline Registered User

I have to wonder if the Texans would take Carr considering they basically destroyed his brother as a franchise QB. It would elicit some pretty bad memories. I have a gut hunch they will end up trading for one of the backups out there that people believe had starter potential - perhaps Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by demiurge View Post
    I have to wonder if the Texans would take Carr considering they basically destroyed his brother as a franchise QB. It would elicit some pretty bad memories. I have a gut hunch they will end up trading for one of the backups out there that people believe had starter potential - perhaps Cousins.
    Its certainly possible. I also would not be overly shocked if they went with a guy like A.J. McCarron.

As a bonus to my projection, I'm going to give 50/50 odds that the Rams make a trade up to get a second pick in Round 2.