Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Av's Rams 2013 Mock Offseason (Version 1.0)

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Rams 2013 Mock Offseason (Version 1.0)

[QUOTE=Rambos;445105]OT is a need but RT or LT? I have to see Rodger Saffold play the rest of the year before it's safe to say we need to spend a high first round pick on a LT.

RT we need an upgrade and if Rodger Saffold plays well at LT, why waste him on the right side. We can use a 3rd or 4th rd pick on a RT and draft a playmakers in the first.

Guard looks to be a need without having to see anymore. Turner may come in and play well but that being said he is

BPA for OT and wehere we're likely to select that will be a LT. I agree about the Guard spot but that can be addressed in a later round such as 2-4. There may also be FA's available at Guard such as Andy Levitre from Buffalo was 1 name being thrown around for us. We mustn't overlook that we'll need to secure a center as well at some point. Wells was signed for 2 years and he may be reaching the point where we can have him mentor a younger center.
    Last edited by mde8352gorams; -11-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Rob Rang has Williams as a first round pick (among others).

I'm not going on stats alone with him. I've seen him play and I think he is a very skilled receiver. Other Baylor WRs have come into the NFL in recent years and performed right away. And, for what its worth, he's taller than Blackmon and I'm betting he'll time faster.

The point of this is not to parrot what others are saying or projecting. The point is to do one's own evaluation and make projections.

Rambos is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=mde8352gorams;445142]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    OT is a need but RT or LT? I have to see Rodger Saffold play the rest of the year before it's safe to say we need to spend a high first round pick on a LT.

RT we need an upgrade and if Rodger Saffold plays well at LT, why waste him on the right side. We can use a 3rd or 4th rd pick on a RT and draft a playmakers in the first.

Guard looks to be a need without having to see anymore. Turner may come in and play well but that being said he is

BPA for OT and wehere we're likely to select that will be a LT. I agree about the Guard spot but that can be addressed in a later round such as 2-4. There may also be FA's available at Guard such as Andy Levitre from Buffalo was 1 name being thrown around for us. We mustn't overlook that we'll need to secure a center as well at some point. Wells was signed for 2 years and he may be reaching the point where we can have him mentor a younger center.
    Wells signed a four-year, $24 million free agent deal with St. Louis.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Fauria had another TD today, giving him 39 receptions and 11 TDs on the year.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=Rambos;445150]
    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post

Wells signed a four-year, $24 million free agent deal with St. Louis.
    Gotcha, I thought it was a 2-year deal. I still believe we need more help on the outside at OT going forward. Saffold is good, but we can probably do better at LT, especially since Saffold has missed so many games over the past 2 years. I may be a bit sour on Saffold after he cost us a sure TD with a holding call in yesterday's game. If we keep Saffold at LT then how about Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin at RT?

I also think we may want to consider Tyler Eiffert or Zach Ertz at TE as opposed to drafting another WR. We can add another dimension to our offense with a strong TE tandem of Kendricks and one of the 2 above players. NE seems to have that going on with Gronk and Hernandez. Based on where we will be drafting with Washington's pick either of these players may be good value. 150 days until the draft.

Go Rams!

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

FA to resign
    Rob Turner- he's impressed me at both center and Guard
    Danny Amendola- yes he's injury prone and yes he'll be expensive but I'd franchise him to keep him for one more year.

Bradley Fletcher- you need 3 or 4 good corners in the NFL now and fletcher is highly underrated. Honestly wish they would play him more and Trumaine less.

FA to obtain
    Greg Jennings/Dwayne Bowe/Mike Wallace- we need a #1 receiver and having one of these guys would give us a very solid receiving corps

2013 NFL Draft
    1.7- Luke Joeckel OT
    1.16- Tyler Eifert TE
    2.7- T.J. Mcdonald S
    3.7- Steffon Taylor RB

Rambos is offline Registered User

I like the direction of this mock a lot. I would go with FA OT best we could acquire. Then draft Receiver and TE in the first round. Address safety and LB in rounds two and three.

LT - B.Albert or Jake Long or Ryan Clady
    LG - R. Turner
    C - S.Wells
    RG - H.Dahl
    RT - R.Saffold

WR - C.Givens/B.Gibson
    WR - B.Quick/Terrance William or Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter.
    Slot - D.Amendola/A.Pettis

TE - L.Kendricks/T.Eifert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12