Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Av's Rams Draft Board and Day 2 Watch List (Post-FA Signings; Version 4.0)

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Rams Draft Board and Day 2 Watch List (Post-FA Signings; Version 4.0)

Good list AV. My friend you are consistent if nothing else. Ranking La'Veon Bell #1 for day 2. I like him too, he had a very good pro-day as I understand and Charles Davis on NFL Network likes him. I just dunno about that one. I must ask why you rank Montee Ball as low, he may offer some of the same running talent with more speed. His college resume ain't bad.

As for the Chance Warmack v Jonathan Cooper posts with Hubison, I've learned that Cooper is a better pass protector while Warmack is better in the run game. Having said that Warmack had a great Pro-Day and is an exceptional talent. It may come down to whether we have a zone blocking scheme or play man-to-man. I don't know, do you? Cooper has the versatility to play center which may be a long-term benefit when Wells retires.

Your safety list interesting as Vacarro is a consensus #1 safety among all the rankings I've seen. I like Elam but his height may be a problem (that's what they said last year about R. Wilson at QB). I feel we must be right on the mark about safety as Harvin and Boldin will test our pass defense across the middle. You don't have any CB's on the day 2 list. While I feel we can address that on day 3 there may be a need for that given our lack of depth having lost Fletcher. Not sure who.

I may be wrong about Jamie Collins of Southern Miss, but I thought I'd read he was best suited for a 3-4 defense.

Just for laughs I have to add, with the ***** signing Dahl, I say we load up on WR's! Good job.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by mde8352gorams; -03-18-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Randart likes this.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

AV, why is the sky blue?

And when projecting draft order, do you take into consideration how straight the part in Mel Kiper's hair is?

How do you know everything AV?

for the record, you may use PFW. But I use you; and I think you're more reliable a source.
    Randart likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for all the comments and questions. Here are a few more of my answers:

Quote Originally Posted by Randart
    believe Trufont could be gone by day 2... Also I have Reid very high on my safety list as I think he is best all around safety in the draft and still want both Reid and Tyrann M. for our future safeties! If we did draft the Honey Badger he can also play slot CB for us in case of injury!
    I agree. Trufant is looking more like a first rounder. I don't see the Rams looking at him, though, unless he falls to Round 2.

I might be inclined to take a look at the Honey Badger on Day 3. If nothing else, he could be a great return man.

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams
    My friend you are consistent if nothing else. Ranking La'Veon Bell #1 for day 2. I like him too, he had a very good pro-day as I understand and Charles Davis on NFL Network likes him. I just dunno about that one. I must ask why you rank Montee Ball as low, he may offer some of the same running talent with more speed. His college resume ain't bad.
    I think their speed is pretty comparable. Bell's big advantage is that he is an accomplished receiver and very good at blitz pick-up. In Ball's case, I worry about the string of productive Wisconsin backs that have failed to make an impression in the NFL. They have such a great system for running the ball, its hard to tell if Montee can do it at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by kolkai
    AV, why is the sky blue?

And when projecting draft order, do you take into consideration how straight the part in Mel Kiper's hair is?

How do you know everything AV?
    I'm sorry, but I'll have to defer the answer to those questions until after my Version 5.0 draft boards!
    Randart likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Id really like to take a sneak peak at our board they have at Rams Park and compare the two to see how close you are but I wouldn't say they'd be to far apart. Sadly, no one will really know until draft day.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Is the reason why you don't list Jarvis Jones due to his injury status, the fact that he likely won't be there at 16 or do you think he just doesn't fit with the Rams?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    Is the reason why you don't list Jarvis Jones due to his injury status, the fact that he likely won't be there at 16 or do you think he just doesn't fit with the Rams?
    The first and third reasons. It was a close call, though. If healthy, he's a talented player.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

In Ball's case, I worry about the string of productive Wisconsin backs that have failed to make an impression in the NFL. They have such a great system for running the ball, its hard to tell if Montee can do it at the next level.

AV, I must admit that thoughts of Ron Dayne pass through my head every time I think about Montee Ball. I like your point about Bell's receiving ability. OK , you're off the hook.

I still think CB may be more of an issue than you're assigning here and even though it may be a day three action, the plans may be have to be accelerated as we are picking only once in each round 2-4.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Here's a thought on the upcoming draft. Let's say the Rams find themselves out of luck with the two top guards unavailable at 16. With strong "needs" at S, WR, and perhaps OLB, could we see the rams drafting two starting skill-position players in the first round, while perhaps finding Menelik Watson in round 2 and playing him at LG next to Jake Long?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12