Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,044
    Rep Power
    165

    Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    Here's my latest stab at this...


    Round 1: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    Previous Choice: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
    Right now, I view Curry as the best player in the draft. If the Lions pass on him, I think the Rams should run to the podium to select him. I'm not particularly concerned about moving him to the inside. He has the size to do it, and sounds confident that he can play any of the three LB spots.

    Round 2: Ron Brace, DT, Boston College
    Previous Choice: William Beatty, OT, Connecticut
    I still like Beatty for this spot, but I think he'll be gone by pick #35. Brace would be a great fit at the NT spot, and would really open things up for the guys around him. Basically, I see him as a better value than any OT I think will drop this far.

    Round 3: Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn State
    Previous Choice: Jonathan Luigs, C, Arkansas
    Luigs is no longer a need, so I'm grabbing a little bit of a sleeper at the OT spot here. Cadogan had a good college career, has good size (6'5, 310), and did well at the combine (26 reps, 5.12 40). I think he could be one of the more underrated guys out there.

    Round 4: Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly
    Previous Choice: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State
    Bomar didn't impress at the Combine, so I'm going another way here. Barden just seems like a freak to me. 6'6, 227 lbs., caught 36 TD passes (albeit against second tier competition) in final 22 college games, and ran in the 4.5s at the Combine. Used correctly, this guy could be a matchup nightmare for opposing DBs.

    Round 5: Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno State
    Previous Choice: Michael Thomas, WR/Return Specialist, Arizona
    I'm back to Brandstater as the Rams' choice at QB in this draft. He impressed many observers at the Combine (nfldraftscout.com described him as the best thrower there), and ran a nice (4.87) 40 time. I think he's a guy who could be developed into a starter down the road.

    Round 6: Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU
    Previous Choice: same
    If the Rams sign Leonard Weaver in FA, this would change, but right now I like what a guy like Johson can bring to the table. SJax would probably be buying this guy Sunday night dinner quite often.

    Round 7: Daniel Holtzclaw, MLB, Eastern Michigan
    Previous Choice: same
    Even with Curry in the fold, I think the Rams could use some depth at MLB. It would also be nice to have a guy who can play a situational role, allowing the Rams to move Curry around and frustrate opposing OCs.


  2. #2
    Revelstoke's Avatar
    Revelstoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    AV, If the Rams get Curry at two who do you see Det taking at 1?
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

  3. #3
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,044
    Rep Power
    165

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    I still think that when all is said and done, it will likely be Stafford. That franchise is just aching for a new "face" (who has been their marquee since Sanders?), and Stafford will probably do well in the controlled climate of his Pro Day.

    If Detroit does go with Curry, I'd be torn. I still like Raji, but I think that one of the two top OTs (Monroe, J.Smith) would be more likely choices. Despite reports from the PD that the Rams really like Crabtree, I have a hard time seeing them spend the second pick on a guy who won't have a single workout prior to draft day. Still, its not outside the realm of possibility.

  4. #4
    zingers16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    I thought barden was projected to go in the second round. Has he been dropping?

  5. #5
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,070
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    Excellent job, Av. My main concern is that I have a hard time seeing Ron Brace get past Miami. You know how Parcells likes the big guys and Brace is tailor-made for the 3-4 NT position. If he gets past the Dolphins I sure hope the Rams pick him.

    WHAT SAY YE?

  6. #6
    ramstiles's Avatar
    ramstiles is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    surrey, england,
    Age
    60
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    I like that draft AV espcially the first 2 If we keep pace we can look for an OT next year if detroit pass on curry we must pick him

  7. #7
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,044
    Rep Power
    165

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    Quote Originally Posted by zingers16 View Post
    I thought barden was projected to go in the second round. Has he been dropping?
    I have not seen any report rating him as a second round pick. Before the combine, most had him as a mid-round guy. Sure, some team might see him as a great prospect and take him earlier, but I don't think its unreasonable to think he might be there at the top of the 4th round.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    Excellent job, Av. My main concern is that I have a hard time seeing Ron Brace get past Miami. You know how Parcells likes the big guys and Brace is tailor-made for the 3-4 NT position. If he gets past the Dolphins I sure hope the Rams pick him.

    WHAT SAY YE?
    I can certainly see Miami having interest in him, though I don't know that they'd take him in the first round. I'd probably look for Miami to take a CB in Round 1.

  8. #8
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    Sorry to say this I really dont like it. I only like the pick in the 2nd round Ron Brace.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Here's my latest stab at this...


    Round 1: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    Previous Choice: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
    Right now, I view Curry as the best player in the draft. If the Lions pass on him, I think the Rams should run to the podium to select him. I'm not particularly concerned about moving him to the inside. He has the size to do it, and sounds confident that he can play any of the three LB spots.
    I have made it pretty clear in other threads that i dont want Curry so im not going to elaborate here.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Round 3: Gerald Cadogan, OT, Penn State
    Previous Choice: Jonathan Luigs, C, Arkansas
    Luigs is no longer a need, so I'm grabbing a little bit of a sleeper at the OT spot here. Cadogan had a good college career, has good size (6'5, 310), and did well at the combine (26 reps, 5.12 40). I think he could be one of the more underrated guys out there.
    I dont know too much about him but i thought this guy was a 5th rounder. Cuz i remember reading about a penn state OL that will be a sleeper in th 5th. I am pretty sure it was this guy.


    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Round 4: Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly
    Previous Choice: Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State
    Bomar didn't impress at the Combine, so I'm going another way here. Barden just seems like a freak to me. 6'6, 227 lbs., caught 36 TD passes (albeit against second tier competition) in final 22 college games, and ran in the 4.5s at the Combine. Used correctly, this guy could be a matchup nightmare for opposing DBs.
    THis guy can go as early as the 2nd round but he will definatly be taken in the early to mid 3rd round.


    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Round 5: Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno State
    Previous Choice: Michael Thomas, WR/Return Specialist, Arizona
    I'm back to Brandstater as the Rams' choice at QB in this draft. He impressed many observers at the Combine (nfldraftscout.com described him as the best thrower there), and ran a nice (4.87) 40 time. I think he's a guy who could be developed into a starter down the road.
    I think we go QB in the 3rd with Freeman (if he is there) or in the 4th with Davis or Bomar.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Round 6: Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU
    Previous Choice: same
    If the Rams sign Leonard Weaver in FA, this would change, but right now I like what a guy like Johson can bring to the table. SJax would probably be buying this guy Sunday night dinner quite often.
    The more i think about this i really dont want him. I think S-Jax could be his own Fullback. I dont see the Rams using Quinn too much cuz S-Jax iis good in the single back. However i do see the Rams possibly taking Devin Moore to Change the Pace.


    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Round 7: Daniel Holtzclaw, MLB, Eastern Michigan
    Previous Choice: same
    Even with Curry in the fold, I think the Rams could use some depth at MLB. It would also be nice to have a guy who can play a situational role, allowing the Rams to move Curry around and frustrate opposing OCs.
    Didnt we just draft David Vabora for depth?

  9. #9
    Richbert88's Avatar
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,142
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    I like the idea of grabbing a pure MLB in addition to Curry. This allows those different formations you mentioned and you can move Curry out to SLB if needed, which is something the Rams are short of in my opinion. Alot of WLB on the roster. That said, I like McKillop, and even more so, Brinkley in the middle rounds somewhere.

    Curry, Brace, Brinkley with the resigning of Bartell and hopefully signing whatshisname SS <until he signs>, would represent a solid core in addition to Carriker, Little, Long Witherspoon, Tinoisomoa and Antogwe. If we can get some improvement out of Hill and King, DAMN!

    Anyhow, the above could be a very good solution to the depth and flexibility issues at LB. And I am not overlooking the other guys like Vobora or Chamberlain. I was just addressing core.
    Semper Fi!

  10. #10
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,044
    Rep Power
    165

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade
    Re: Cadogan
    I dont know too much about him but i thought this guy was a 5th rounder. Cuz i remember reading about a penn state OL that will be a sleeper in th 5th. I am pretty sure it was this guy.
    Gee, how can I argue with such in-depth research? From what I've read, he's now being described as a "sleeper" and a "riser." I don't think 3rd round is too high for him.

    THis guy can go as early as the 2nd round but he will definatly be taken in the early to mid 3rd round.
    "Definatly" (sp?) Really? Can you tell me this week's Powerball Numbers too?

    As I said before, Barden could go earlier, but may not. Some teams will love his size and production, others will view him as too slow and untested. Nothing is "definat." (sp?)

    Re: Quinn Johnson
    The more i think about this i really dont want him. I think S-Jax could be his own Fullback. I dont see the Rams using Quinn too much cuz S-Jax iis good in the single back.
    His own fullback? Can he play QB too and hand off to himself?

    I think Jackson will do much better in a two-back set with a big FB opening up holes for him.

    Re: Holtzclaw
    Didnt we just draft David Vabora for depth?
    Yeah... so...? Did Vabora do anything last year to make you conclude that it would not be beneficial to bring in another guy to compete?

    Look, feel free to disagree with my picks... but next time, come with your A game.

  11. #11
    Warner4prez's Avatar
    Warner4prez is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Dakota
    Age
    28
    Posts
    468
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    I appreciate the stab @ Barden. Totally the guy I'm looking for but I thought top of 3 or maybe mid 3rd if we trade away Holt or Pace. Otherwise I think it looks good. Unfamiliar with the QB, I may have to look into that some more.

  12. #12
    #39 Fan's Avatar
    #39 Fan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, formerly ATX
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Thumbs up Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    Beautiful, where can I sign? (Love picks #1, 2, 4, 5, and 6.)

  13. #13
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Gee, how can I argue with such in-depth research? From what I've read, he's now being described as a "sleeper" and a "riser." I don't think 3rd round is too high for him.
    iight i tried to do research but just cannot find a good scouting report on him however i still belive we are taking Monroe or Smith with the #2 pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    "Definatly" (sp?) Really? Can you tell me this week's Powerball Numbers too?

    As I said before, Barden could go earlier, but may not. Some teams will love his size and production, others will view him as too slow and untested. Nothing is "definat." (sp?)
    WOW! u really need to chill. I leave out one letter and you center the whole Barden dispute around that. Good thing i did not commit a typo or you would completly flip our and break your computer. Just chill its a letter get over it.

    Well honestly i do not see a big 6-6 guy slipping. If the Giants dont get Kenny Britt they will probably get this guy. Face it a 6-6 guy who is a projected early 3rd rounder slips to the 4th? I dont think so. A smaller WR may slip like Desean Jackson who had no bulk. But a 6-6 WR wont. Also you forget the little thing Barden can do like block and is a terrific leaper (giants may not bring Plax back).


    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    His own fullback? Can he play QB too and hand off to himself?

    I think Jackson will do much better in a two-back set with a big FB opening up holes for him.
    Well Action Jackson's QB passer rating is a 118 and every pass attempt he has made has been a Touchdown so maybe has a chance to battle Bulger for the job.

    iight what ever you say. but i still think S-Jax can be better if he just get some rest. Maybe he gets some rest with a RB like Devin Moore here. Also i thought the WCO favors faster RBs that can catch kinda like Leonard and S-Jax in the backfield.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Yeah... so...? Did Vabora do anything last year to make you conclude that it would not be beneficial to bring in another guy to compete?

    Look, feel free to disagree with my picks... but next time, come with your A game.
    iight so a 7th rounder in this year's draft is going to prove so much more that Mr. Irrelevant? Dude get a grip. These are 7th rounders and we already have a 7th round MLB that is learning so this pick is just irrelevant

    COme with my "A game" last time i checked this is a forum not a challenge. And if i do get into to a challenge with you it might turn into a spelling bee. Seriously dude one letter and your all over me?

  14. #14
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,308
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    A battle of wits is no place for an unarmed man.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  15. #15
    #39 Fan's Avatar
    #39 Fan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, formerly ATX
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

    Has anyone seen anything lately as to where Jamon Meredith, Senior from South Carolina is projecting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Playoff History
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: -02-09-2009, 10:14 AM
  2. Gordo 2/4/08
    By ramsplaya16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-04-2008, 07:01 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live, Nov 20th--Lots of good stuff
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-21-2007, 03:18 PM
  4. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
  5. PaRamFan48 Chistmas '99
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -03-18-2006, 11:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •