Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Av's Rams Mock (Version 4.0) Post-Combine

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    iight i tried to do research but just cannot find a good scouting report on him however i still belive we are taking Monroe or Smith with the #2 pick.
    The Rams might take an OT in Round 1, but that's beside the point. The point, as you so accurately noted, is that you are criticizing a pick despite knowing nothing about the player.

WOW! u really need to chill. I leave out one letter and you center the whole Barden dispute around that.
    To respond to that, allow me to introduce you to my friend, Rainman:

Yeah, you were definitely two letters off... definitely two letters.

Thanks, Rainman. In truth, I have a bigger beef with the fact that you don't know what the word "definitely" means, as opposed to your inability to spell it.

Face it a 6-6 guy who is a projected early 3rd rounder slips to the 4th?
    Who "projected" him as a 3rd rounder? (to save time, "the voices in my head" is not a good answer)

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    A battle of wits is no place for an unarmed man.
    That's instantly become my favorite expression.

--

AV, I like this to a point. That point is Curry. Then there's a little white patch, but that point again resumes in round 4 with Barden and continues through to the finish. I don't think Barden will be there either, but I certainly hope so.

It's not as much that I have a problem with Brace or Cadogan, in fact I think Cadogan's great, but if Pace is traded or released then we have a more immediate need at OT. Of course, this isn't telling you anything, but I don't think it would be too much of a surprise to see us reach for a guy like Meredith or even Tony Kropog. I certainly hope Pace doesn't get cut and we have time to develop a young player, but it doesn't look like the odds are pointing in our favor here.

If you were to reverse it, somebody like Fili Moala becomes a real option in round three.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The Rams might take an OT in Round 1, but that's beside the point. The point, as you so accurately noted, is that you are criticizing a pick despite knowing nothing about the player.
    iight fine. Then why dont u tell me more about this guy like his weaknesses.

To respond to that, allow me to introduce you to my friend, Rainman:

Yeah, you were definitely two letters off... definitely two letters.

Thanks, Rainman. In truth, I have a bigger beef with the fact that you don't know what the word "definitely" means, as opposed to your inability to spell it.
    Well i was definitely 2 letters off. But thanks! U know now il never forget how to spell it.

Hopefully i dont forget how to spell definetly. Nah im just playing around a bit. Good looks tho.

Who "projected" him as a 3rd rounder? (to save time, "the voices in my head" is not a good answer)
    Why wouldn't he be a 3rd rounder? The guy has leaping ability, good blocker (for a WR), has power, can run over DBs, he is 6-6. He is not fast cuz he is not a burner, his route running needs some help but i think he can accoumplish that. That's why he is a late 2nd to mid 3rd round prospect.

I got a question for you. How bout Devin Moore in the 6th as a COP RB for Action Jackson?

Moore is a good reciever which is a + for the WCO. Is fast and agile. Finds whoe fast. However durability and afraid of big hits might be an issue. But he can toughen up being around Action Jackson.

Why wouldn't he be a 3rd rounder? The guy has leaping ability, good blocker (for a WR), has power, can run over DBs, he is 6-6. He is not fast cuz he is not a burner, his route running needs some help but i think he can accoumplish that. That's why he is a late 2nd to mid 3rd round prospect.
    Barden played at Cal Poly against second tier competition, so some scouts will question whether his abilities will translate to the NFL.

As far as his projection, to give you one example, Scott Wright at NFLDraftCountdown (tune in for our Chat on March 7 with Scott!) has him rated as the 11th best WR and a "mid rounder" (which means no earlier than the 4th round). If Scott were here, I'm sure he'd tell you, as I have, that its certainly possible that a team could take him earlier. However, to assume that, just because he's 6'6, etc. etc., he is a sure 2nd or 3rd round pick, is simply incorrect.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Barden played at Cal Poly against second tier competition, so some scouts will question whether his abilities will translate to the NFL.

As far as his projection, to give you one example, Scott Wright at NFLDraftCountdown (tune in for our Chat on March 7 with Scott!) has him rated as the 11th best WR and a "mid rounder" (which means no earlier than the 4th round). If Scott were here, I'm sure he'd tell you, as I have, that its certainly possible that a team could take him earlier. However, to assume that, just because he's 6'6, etc. etc., he is a sure 2nd or 3rd round pick, is simply incorrect.
    Fine il ask him this weekend.

But answer the other 2 questions about the weakness of that OT that your so high on and about your opinion on Devin Moore.

But answer the other 2 questions about the weakness of that OT that your so high on and about your opinion on Devin Moore.
    Well, since you asked so respectfully...

Cadogan is not expected to go on Day 1 of the draft, so he obviously has perceived weaknesses. I've read some reports that he does not have elite quickness, and could be vulnerable to outside rushers as a result. That said, I think he proved to be quicker at the Combine than some people expected. Also, he is a three year starter, two at LT and one at OG, so he could be a versatile addition.

As for Devin Moore, I don't see the Rams taking a small back like him. I think they'd be more likely to take a bigger guy. Maybe someone like P.J. Hill.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I like this mock a lot. I posted another mock before I looked at this one and I had the same picks in round 1,2, & 4. In mine I was taking Johnson in round 7 instead of 6. As for Ramses I hear several people saying late 3rd or early 4th so I think its possible he could fall to us in the 4th. He is not a burner, some say he looks a little akward in his route running, and he is from a small school thats why they are saying late first day early second day. But he does have good potential to work with.

The more I look at your draft the more similar it looks to mine. You took a MLB Rd 7 I took one round 6. Round 5 I took a CB and you took a QB. We each picked an OT in round 3 but different ones. Then our other 4 selections were the exact same players.

This is the closest draft I have seen to mine. I like it a lot but of course I like mine better just because of differences in opinion. This draft helps fill several needs. The Crabtree draft and OT draft really messes up NT and LB IMO. IMO I don't think there will be good value for a LB with our second pick. If we don't go Raji round 1 then we need Brace in round 2 he is our best bet at getting a NT that could start this year. If we go Crabtree and Brace then we need an OT in round 3. That means the earliest we would address LB would be 4th round. I would not feel very good about the chances of that guy starting and we need to come away with a new starting LB. If we went OT and Brace then round 3 we would be looking for a starting LB and again I would feel better but not totally comfortable. Also if we would just keep Pace this year and Barron I am not sure a rookie OT could do any better. Thats why I prefer keeping both of them and taking an OT in round 3.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-03-2009 at 10:51 PM.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I really think we have too to go OT in the first 2 picks. Pace may be gone and Barron really hasn't played to his potential. We currently have 2 OT's signed.

I think people are getting worried about what will be there in the second round OT wise if go with Curry, Crabtree, or Raji. I think Jamon Meridith is being underestimated, IMO he is a first round talent if he stayed healthy. He was among the top performers at the combine. He is more pro ready than Jason Smith, he is a better run blocker, he is just as athletic, he is only a little smaller, he is more versatile, and has great feet. If Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher, and Andre Smith (talent wise) are in the the first tier. Jamon Meredith, William Beatty, and Eben Britton are verry close in the second tier IMO.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

The problem I have with Curry is my belief that we can improve without him this coming season.I don't think we'll pick in the top ten next spring.I'm not sure that's true without a new starting LT.I'd rather not find out .

Pace is either gone or close to done & ,unless one of the draftniks can convince me that there will be top drawer OT options all through Rd1 in 2010 so we're covered either way, I'm nervous about not addressing it now.That's why we paid top $ for Bartell & Brown,right? For their future value as well as recent /current worth.

So far,none of the nitpicking has convinced me that both Monroe and J. Smith haven't got a good chance of being future stalwarts,if not stars .I think it's more of a risk NOT to take one of them.Maybe Pace stays healthy-he missed all or part of 4 games last year & regains his power which I doubt.He's running on superior technique & savvy alone now,imo. Maybe we gamble on Barron excelling in his contract year & can take a quality RT in the 2nd this year.I see this as more likely than some here but it isn't my first choice,either.

The Whiners took Willis but haven't made the playoffs, in large part, because their O-line's performance has been poor. Late first rounders like Staley & Kwame Harris, for example.Partly injuries,partly underwhelming performance.Sound familiar? Nolan lost his job on that gamble. Will Spags & Devaney be willing to do the same?

I still think a good LT is far more important than a great MLB.

Importance+Need+Opportunity= OT with our first pick

Gawd, I "definatly" hope my math is better than BarronWade's spelling....lol

I'm not savvy enough to comment on the later choices; so many needs that any productive player would help.

"Cept I think the idea of a huge guy called Ramses playing for us would be pretty cool.

Now I sound like Diane on Cheers,picking winners based on which mascot/animal would beat the other......
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -03-04-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Hey Av.
    With the possible loss of WR Holt & OT Pace ,I will have to disagree with your 1st & 2nd picks.
    Rd 1 Jason Smith OT
    Could happen : With Pace gone, Barron could move to LT and Smith could start at RT. That could give J. Smith another year of learning the OT position being a X-TE.
    Rd 2 Brian Robiskie WR or Kenny Britt WR
    I think B-Rob is NFL ready. A good route runner with size & speed.
    Britt is going to be a good WR , but might take a year or 2 to be a star.
    I'm still not sold on Brace. I prefer DT "ZIGGY" Hood , Missouri if Rams draft a DT in Rd2.
    Rd 3 Dorrell Scott DT , Clemsem
    Rd 4 Tom Brandstater QB Fresno State. He had a good Combine so I moved him up a round to make sure Rams get him.
    Rd 5 Jasper Brinkley MLB
    Rd 6 Josh Mauga MLB ,Nevada
    Rd 7 Antonio Dixon DT Miami was projected 3rd rd draft pick in 2009 draft before injury.
    I think the Rams could possibly draft a TE somewhere in this draft, as low as the 2nd rd. West coast offence likes to use the TE position.

Never enough Defence
    What do you think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12