Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Av's Top 10 Potential 2013 Free Agent Targets

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Av's Top 10 Potential 2013 Free Agent Targets

Looking at the crop of free agents to be, here is my ranking of the potential Rams targets.

1. Dwayne Bowe, WR, Kansas City
    It has been reported that Bowe wants out of Kansas City and, with the Chiefs needing to sign two other major FAs (who will both appear on this list), he should be available. Bowe's experience as a proven No. 1 WR, added to Amendola (who the Rams should re-sign) in the slot and two young and (hopefully) developing WRs (Givens, Quick) would give Sam Bradford some great options in the passing game.

2. Jake Long, OT, Miami
    Doubtful that Long would be available, but if the Rams could pry him away from the Dolphins, he'd be a great addition to an OL that needs to be fortified.

3. Ryan Clady, OT, Denver
    My only misgiving about Clady is he has excelled in a zone blocking scheme, which the Rams don't utilize. That said, he is young and talented, and would likely be a significant upgrade.

4. Mike Wallace, WR, Pittsburgh
    Wallace's reputation has taken a hit with his contract squabbles and his perfomance this year. Nontheless, he is a proven big play receiver who is young enough to merit a big contract.

5. Branden Albert, OT, Kansas City
    Another excellent option to upgrade the offensive line. Albert is a beast as a run blocker in particular.

6. Jairus Byrd, FS, Buffalo
    The Rams need a lot of help a the safety position, and Byrd is a proven commodity.

7. Dashon Goldson, SS, San Francisco
    Its always a plus to take a player from a division rival. Goldson also would fit in with the tough-minded DBs the Rams have added this year.

8. Andy Levitre, OG, Buffalo
    A very solid starter who would, along with Dahl and Wells, give the Rams a very solid interior line.

9. Glenn Dorsey, DE/DT, Kansas City
    I'm not sure that the Rams can afford what it would likely take to get Dorsey, but if they could sign him, he'd give them a versatile rotation player who can play both inside and outside.

10. Israel Idonije, DE/DT, Chicago
    Another versatile DL rotation player, but likely with a more affordable price tag.
    ManofGod likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Av's Top 10 Potential 2013 Free Agent Targets

Are the Broncos still running a zone blocking scheme with their new coaching staff? I really like Clady and think he'd be a huge pick-up; he's one of the premier LT's plus he'll most likely come cheaper than Jake Long.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Are the Broncos still running a zone blocking scheme with their new coaching staff? I really like Clady and think he'd be a huge pick-up; he's one of the premier LT's plus he'll most likely come cheaper than Jake Long.
    Yes they do still run the ZBS, but that wouldn't stop me at all. Plus, I hear that the Chiefs may let LT Branden Albert walk, if so, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Just as good as Clady in Pass pro.

THE DREAM TEAM

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I'd swap Bowe and Wallace. Wallace is a better deep threat and 2 or 3 years younger.

I'd love to sign Wallace, Long and Byrd.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Dwayne Bowe would be huge coup for this team I really hope they target him. I also think Idonije could be had relatively cheaply and would really help in the pass rush rotation. Hell I'd be happy with any of these additions apart from Dorsey who I think will be overpaid by any team who gets him.