BarronWade is offline Registered User

B-Dub Mock Off-season

Free Agency:

Vincent Jackson WR - The Rams have money and we have built up to respectability now its time to become contenders. We spend money and Vincent Jackson because he wants money and he will fit into our offense very well and has the opportunity to play for Sam Bradford who can blow up next year.

Owen Daniels TE - This would make a clear Statement we are entering the Sam Bradford era and giving him all the tools to succeed in the nfl. This is going to be hard to get though i dont know how Houston feels about him or how his new coach will react to him knowing sean Casey has potential behind him.

Jeff Garcia QB- yes i actually have us getting Garcia. He was the back-up to D-nabb and lead the eagles to the playoffs that year. This move gives us a veteran starting QB with playoff experience that may help Sam Bradford.

Draft

Round 1- OG/C Rodney Hudson Florida State

Analysis: We got a #1 WR. Hudson is a bit of a reach here but he is a great team leader and can pass and run block. He is more consistant than pouncey. Look at our OL not Saffold, Hudson, Brown, ?, Smith there are plenty of good character and strong leaders in front of a young Quarterback. The games vs. the Chiefs and Saints shows we need to be stronger at our to guard positions. (jacob bell will be cut)

Round 2 - DE Greg Romeus Pittsburg

Analysis: This is a similar situation of George Selvie. Romeus was once considered a Top 10 Prospect. But now he is being dropped to 2-3 round. Maybe he will drop further but right now we got to pick him up in the 2nd. He has an inconsistent motor which is not bad because Spags can use his defensive substitution schemes to make sure this guy does not fatigue. Romeus/selvie/hall will be a good rotation at RE.

Round 3 - RB Demarco Murry Oklahoma

At this point i dont think we need a RB that will split carries with Jackson. I doubt Jackson will even have a 30+ carry game next year. All we need a someone that is a playmaker and can catch the ball out of the backfield well and turn it up-field. He would be a good split back option with S-Jax.

Owen daniels will be a tough free agent to get but just imagine how well we can open up the offensive playbook. Also remember we have Illinois Mike who can block as well as catch at TE.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: B-Dub Mock Off-season

I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest.

IMO, Hudson's size and lack of strength to get a push in the run game against bigger defensive tackles will cause him to drop. He's basically a younger Jacob Bell, with a bit better pass blocking technique and potential. He will probably be available in the late second round/early third.

I don't like Romeus much. He isn't a pass rushing terror, and he isn't a dynamic run stopper either. Kinda like a sucky version of Chris Long, with a on/off motor.

An OLB would be better here.

I can't complain with the Murray pick.

I don't mind the Jackson and Daniels signings, but I feel we should go a younger route at WR. I wouldn't mind if we got Jackson, but ALSO got a younger WR for the future.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: B-Dub Mock Off-season

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest.

IMO, Hudson's size and lack of strength to get a push in the run game against bigger defensive tackles will cause him to drop. He's basically a younger Jacob Bell, with a bit better pass blocking technique and potential. He will probably be available in the late second round/early third.

I don't like Romeus much. He isn't a pass rushing terror, and he isn't a dynamic run stopper either. Kinda like a sucky version of Chris Long, with a on/off motor.

An OLB would be better here.

I can't complain with the Murray pick.

I don't mind the Jackson and Daniels signings, but I feel we should go a younger route at WR. I wouldn't mind if we got Jackson, but ALSO got a younger WR for the future.
    Honestly the way it looks right now we are building a good offensive line for the passing game. And shurmur was in Phili when he saw how well screens worked when his tackles and guards can be athletic and block downfield.

Your right about Romeus's motor but he would benefit a rotational DE role and his pass rush skillz are straight raw if he works at it with spags. He has some good power which could match up well with Selvie's speed off the edge.

An OLB would be a good option but if not a DE it think a safety is needed more because James Butler or dahl are not good and we need an upgrade.

I think WR is the only position where we dont have to go younger. Not counting receivers on IR our oldest receivers are Robinson and Amendola at 25 do we really need to get younger at receiver?