BarronWade is offline Registered User

B-Dub's Mock Off-Season 2.0

In my first mock off-season i made a huge mistake. I did not have a QB of the future and thought we can rely on Bulger for one more year and go for a QB in 2011 I was wrong.

Players Leaving:

Alex Barron- He had his shot at RT and LT and failed to be consistent at both and his penalties just killed so many drives. And he had some penalties when the Rams were gaining momentum. However with the right coaching he may be successful elsewhere.

Jon Wade- I dont think we will offer him a contending contract. He was our starter at CB and it was his spot to lose. First he lost it to Fletcher then he lost it Quincy Butler nuff said.

Marc Bulger- He has too much wear and tear and just cannot throw it deep however he is still pretty accurate. We save around 4 mill doing this move.

Randy McMicheal- no explanation needed.

Rams that will be re-signed:
    Craig Dahl
    Dave Vabora
    Larry Grant
    Billy Bajema
    James Hall

Cliff Ryan- He did a good job this year and we all know he deserves to be re-signed.

OJ Atogwe- He will sign a 2-3 year deal or be franchised

Leonard Little- He is our best pass rusher. He is a veteran. Either he retires or he plays as a Ram.

Free Agency
    TE Tony Sheffler- many mocks have him. pass catching TE.
    SLB Chris Gocong- He can play SLB. He is a solid player and can help JL.
    RT Ryan Cook- Decent Tackle he can start for us.

Jason Cambell- This one is not going to be easy. I am aware of the 2 previous signings but we have money. I think it will come down to Seattle or us for Cambell. Seattle has Hous and John Carlson but we have Steven Jackson. Look at what he did in a WCO in washington 3,618 yards. His overall passer rating is decent 86.4. But his TD-INT ratio sux 20-15. But look at the redskins best rusher last year Clint Portis 124 att and under 500 yards. He was basically forced to pass.

Here's the bottom line we beat out Seattle by overpaying for him my guess is 3-4 years 25-32 mil. A hefty price but a young QB in his prime.

2010 Draft

ROund 1:
    DT Ndamukong Suh
    Analysis: not needed

Round 2:
    RB Jahvid Best
    Analysis: We get Cambell and what do we do? Give him more targets. Steven Jackson had so many rushing attempts and slowed down at the end so what do we do? We give him a playmaking back that can hit home runs. He can catch and he can run fast.

Round 3:
    OG Mike Johnson
    Analysis: A bit high for him but we need a guard and here is our guy. He can pass protect and run block.

Round 4:
    QB Jevan Snead
    Analysis: I am pretty sure this is not going to be a popular pick. But Snead has the tools he just needs to fix some mechanical problems. Maybe a little high for him. We can get him and see what he can do.

Round 5:
    CB Chris Cook
    Analysis: Tall 6-2 corner but has the speed to keep with the Wide receivers.

Round 5:
    OLB Kavell Conner
    Analysis: solid LB.

We Address DE with the last few picks.

2010 Depth Chart
    QB: Jason Cambell-Kieth Null- Jevan Snead
    RB: Action Jackson-Jahvid Best-Chris Ogbannya
    FB: Mike Karney
    WR: Laurant Robinson-Bandan Gibson-Donnie Avery-Danny Boy- Keenan Burton
    TE: Tony Sheffler- Dan Fells- Billy Bajema
    LT: Jason Smith-?
    LG: Jacob Bell- Mike Johnson
    C: Jason Brown-?
    RG: John Grecco- Mike Johnson
    RT: Ryan Cook-?

LE: Leonard Little- Chris Long- James Hall
    DT: Ndamukong Suh- Adam Carriker
    DT: Cliff Ryan- Adam Carriker
    RE: Chris Long- Adam Carriker- James Hall

SLB: Chris Gocong-Kavel Conner
    MLB: JL
    WLB: David Vabora-Larry Grant-Chamberlain

CB#1- Ron Bartell-Quincy Butler
    FS: OJ-Dahl
    SS: James Butler- Dahl
    CB#2- Brad Fletcher-Justin King
    Last edited by BarronWade; -01-18-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: thanks cfh forgot james hall

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Re: B-Dub's Mock Off-Season 2.0

Happy With FA Aquisitions And First Two Picks...

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Good mock, liked the:

Gocong signing
    Scheffler signing
    Suh pick
    Johnson pick
    Conner pick

I'm questioning the Snead pick...I prefer LeFevour and Canfield over him. Even Bill Stull from Pittsburgh.

I don't really know much about Ryan Cook.

So is Chris Cook going to be our 5th corner or something?

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Some of this stuff looks pretty decent. I agree that getting a backup RB should be a fairly high priority. But I don't know if I love the Ryan Cook signing. If I'm not mistaken he was the weak link on the Vikings line and the reason they felt it necessary to take Phil Loadholt in the second round last year. And if your going to include James Hall on the depth chart, then make sure you include him in the "resign" section because he is a UFA.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post

I'm questioning the Snead pick...I prefer LeFevour and Canfield over him. Even Bill Stull from Pittsburgh.

I don't really know much about Ryan Cook.

So is Chris Cook going to be our 5th corner or something?
    I agree with you on the Snead part. The more i think about it the more i am wondering why i picked snead because he will not be be good in a WCO at all. He does not have timing nor does he make good/quick decisions. At this point i want to change the pick. But not to a QB. DE Austin Lane i had him in my 1st mock draft.

Ryan Cook was the Starting Right Tackle for the Vikings. In 2007 he became the the full time starter at RT and blocked for the #1 rushing offence. He got replaced this year by Phil Loadholt. Cook is not great but he is not bad. He can get a push in the run game. He needs to work on pass protection thou. he is big and physical 6-6 around 330 pounds.

Yes Chis Cook will be buried in the depth charts to start. I dont like it when people give mid-late round rookies good position on the depth charts. Cook has to earn his spot!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Id really love to see us get Lefevour in the third. Great Accuracy for the west coast offense. Great mobility, a bit faster than Boller.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I agree with you on the Snead part. The more i think about it the more i am wondering why i picked snead because he will not be be good in a WCO at all. He does not have timing nor does he make good/quick decisions. At this point i want to change the pick. But not to a QB. DE Austin Lane i had him in my 1st mock draft.

Ryan Cook was the Starting Right Tackle for the Vikings. In 2007 he became the the full time starter at RT and blocked for the #1 rushing offence. He got replaced this year by Phil Loadholt. Cook is not great but he is not bad. He can get a push in the run game. He needs to work on pass protection thou. he is big and physical 6-6 around 330 pounds.

Yes Chis Cook will be buried in the depth charts to start. I dont like it when people give mid-late round rookies good position on the depth charts. Cook has to earn his spot!

Yea, Snead would be a better fit on some team like the Broncos, Raiders, Redskins, etc.

Would Ryan Cook be a better football player than a young guy we draft in rounds 3-5? For example, Kyle Calloway, Gabe Carimi, Ciron Black, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post

Would Ryan Cook be a better football player than a young guy we draft in rounds 3-5? For example, Kyle Calloway, Gabe Carimi, Ciron Black, etc.
    Well honestly he is not up to Ciron Black but i think he can block just as well as Calloway or Carimi.

Let me put it this way if he was in this draft he would be a late 3rd or early 4th. But unlike the rookies Cook has starting experience in the NFL and has run block for really good rushing teams (AP and Chester Taylor).