Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BarronWade is offline Registered User

B-Dub's Rams Mock draft 2.0 (Pisa starting MLB?)

Iight last time i did a mock i had the rams trading up to get James Laurinitis in the late 1st. This is a different mock draft without trades.

Round 1 Pick 2: Eugene Monroe OT
    Alternate Pick: Jason Smith OT
    Why: We just lost Pace and i dont want to wait till the 2nd round to pick up a tackle so IMO we take the best tackle in the Draft. Monroe is better than Smith in the Run and has better footwork and can come in and produce right away.

Round 2 Pick 35: Ron Brace NT
    Alternate pick: Lesean McCoy RB, Clint Sintim SLB, DJ Moore DB
    Why: we get a big run stopping NT. Cliff Ryan and Brace can team up well at the NT position in Spags DL subs scheme. Also here is somthing worth thinking about. With a big run stopping NT do we need a run stopping MLB? So if we get a big NT i think Pisa can take the MLB position (short term to see how it goes).

Round 3 Pick 66: Louis Murphy WR
    Alternate Pick: Rashad Jennings RB
    Why: Murphy is taller than 6-2 has great leaping ability and seperation ability and good hands. However there is a chance this guy goes before #66. If he does we get Action Jackson's back-up in Rashad Jennings. I am not a fan on Ramses Barden because i just dont know if he can seperate in the NFL.

Round 4 Pick 99: Rhett Bomar QB
    Alternate Pick: Zack Follett SLB
    Why: We need a back-up for Marc Bulger so we take the best available in the 4th. Or here is a guy worth looking at. Zack Follet he is going to be a reach here but he could be a really good SLB who excells in the run and is a great blitzer (good for spags) however he is not good in the pass but we would have pisa in the middle for that.

Round 5 Pick 130: Kyle Moore DE
    Alternate Pick: Tom Brandstater
    Why: I love the way spags always subs the DL and Kyle Moore would be great for that. If he dont get a QB earlier then we go for Tom Brandstater

Round 6 Pick 163: Frantz Joseph MLB
    Alternative Pick: Ian Johnson RB
    Why: Joseph can add depth as a big MLB. I know we just took Vabora last year but Joseph is taller and is better vs. the run. Or we can take a Change of Pace back in Johnson.

Round 7 Pick 195: Devin Moore RB
    Alternative pick: Brandon Hughes DB
    Why: Devin Moore is a Change of Pace RB that can return kicks which is really good.

Also i got question if we draft Curry is Loadholt or Merideth worth the 35th pick? IMO both arent however i would say wait till the 3rd and take that Cadogen.

Also what is your opinion on the Pisa to MLB?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: B-Dub's Rams Mock draft 2.0 (Pisa starting MLB?)

That's some pretty good work. I'd only make one change, really and its below.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Also what is your opinion on the Pisa to MLB?
    No is my opinion. I'd say the better option would be to keep Witherspoon where he is or take a player like Scott McKillop from Pittsburgh in the third round. There's a lot of value to be had if you're just looking for a run stuffer in rounds 3 and 4.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -03-16-2009 at 05:51 PM.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

i wouldnt be upset with this draft at all but at the moment im still on board the curry train and since were going after a RT i dont think a first round pick is warranted. Frantz joseph will probably need to be taken the round before, and i really like him hes a huge sleeper as he had the second most tackles in the nation last year. He's the most intese ILB in the draft and can be molded into a powerhouse with curry and spoon on each side, which would let him unleash the beast which is what i want to see. I also don't think the rams are going qb this year when next years draft class is much more talented, and if they did go qb i am personally only interested in painter since he has the best release right now.
    Last edited by codeman123; -03-16-2009 at 06:07 PM.

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

I personally think Brace is overrated because of his size, and the weak DT class. Just because he is 330 does not mean he can stop the run.

But if somebody has an argument saying I am wrong I would be glad to hear it.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If the Rams end up with this as their draft I think they would consider it a success.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Louis Murphy is a burner and his aren't that good trust me. He is a taller version of avery. I would rather go with a more pro ready route runner who would compliment Avery like Juaqin Iglesias. I really don't think Pisa will play MLB and even with Brace I think we need to upgrade our LB core

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    That's some pretty good work. I'd only make one change, really and its below.

No is my opinion. I'd say the better option would be to keep Witherspoon where he is or take a player like Scott McKillop from Pittsburgh in the third round. There's a lot of value to be had if you're just looking for a run stuffer in rounds 3 and 4.
    No problem with the mock I agree bar bq better to keep Spoon at MLB if this is all we got.
    :ramlogo:

codeman123 is offline Registered User

are FO isnt stupid and they definately realize next year is a QB and DT goldmine. they probably wont waste a pick, especially first day, on one of those positions. Theres alot of decent WRs this year and as long as we find one whos play is different than avery's that will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    are FO isnt stupid and they definately realize next year is a QB and DT goldmine. they probably wont waste a pick, especially first day, on one of those positions. Theres alot of decent WRs this year and as long as we find one whos play is different than avery's that will be fine.
    I agree that DT is a goldmine, actually it is more than a gold mine...I think it could be one of the most stacked positions in one draft in a very long time. (Suh, McCoy, Atkins, Granger, Cody, Jones, Jenkins, Oghobaase all have first round talent and then there are two underclassmen in Lawrence Marsh (FLA) and Marvin Austin (UNC) that could be the best of the bunch)...so that is 10 possible first round talent DT's next year and they are all significantly better than Ron Brace. And I could be leaving people off this list.

QB on the other hand is stacked with decent players, but I have absolutely no confidence in McCoy to be a good NFL QB, and I don't even see Tebow playing QB in the NFL so that really hurts it top tier depth. But there is still alot of good mid level talent for next year's draft

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    I personally think Brace is overrated because of his size, and the weak DT class. Just because he is 330 does not mean he can stop the run.
    The BC run D was 6th in the country with a 2.81 ypc against in 2008.

Yea, but HUb Brace had BJ Raji next to him.

And last year, BC was 2nd in the nation with a 2.42 ypc against.....without Raji. The only consistent piece of that run D?

Ron Brace.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Well i like the Idea of Pisa to MLB because if we can get Zack Follet (excellent blitzer) i think we can send 6 (front 7 without Pisa) and make Pisa spy or middle zone. Because with excellent blitzing off the edgees and Brace collapsing the pocket the opposing Qb must make a quick decision. The Pisa to MLB is not really for the run it is more of a zone in the middle.

I like Scott McKillop too. But just not as a 3rd rounder. I say we wait for him till the 4th and if he isnt there we go elsewhere like Jaspar Brinkley if we have no intention of Pisa too MLB.

330 pounds is not the reason he is good vs. the run its his ability. He can collapse the pocket during run plays. He is also stout at the point of attack. Maybe he is being overhyped a bit due to the poor DTs in this year's draft but we are in need of a NT so we will reach for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Louis Murphy is a burner and his aren't that good trust me. He is a taller version of avery. I would rather go with a more pro ready route runner who would compliment Avery like Juaqin Iglesias. I really don't think Pisa will play MLB and even with Brace I think we need to upgrade our LB core
    Iglesias will be gone in the mid-late 2nd. Murphy is a guy i like beacuse he has really good leaping ability and that could really help as a slot guy. The one problems some WRs have in the NFL is getting seperation. Murphy is already good at that so i feel more confident that Muphy will be a good talent. Also Iglesias cannot break away from a DB.

I agree that DT is a goldmine, actually it is more than a gold mine...I think it could be one of the most stacked positions in one draft in a very long time. (Suh, McCoy, Atkins, Granger, Cody, Jones, Jenkins, Oghobaase all have first round talent and then there are two underclassmen in Lawrence Marsh (FLA) and Marvin Austin (UNC) that could be the best of the bunch)...so that is 10 possible first round talent DT's next year and they are all significantly better than Ron Brace. And I could be leaving people off this list.

QB on the other hand is stacked with decent players, but I have absolutely no confidence in McCoy to be a good NFL QB, and I don't even see Tebow playing QB in the NFL so that really hurts it top tier depth. But there is still alot of good mid level talent for next year's draft
    I know next year there is a really good DT class that we can use to our advantage with drafting Ron Brace. You guys are probably getting annoyed by now hearing me repeat this but i will do it once again: Spags love DL substitutions. So if Cliff Ryan turns out to become a depth guy and not a starter type we can draft a DT/DE type like Justin Tuck next year. I just see Ron Brace as a part to the building blocks for the Defense.

No matter what we are taking a QB in the draft. If Gus Ferotte is that intrested in the Rams dont you think they would have signed him by now? They are not picking up a back-up so we need to draft one no matter what.

I would rather go with a more pro ready route runner who would compliment Avery like Juaqin Iglesias.
    I don't know what makes Iglesias a pro ready route runner since he was playing in Oklahoma's spread offense where they don't do any pro-style routes. Is there any wide receiver from college who comes in ready to run pro style routes?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well i like the Idea of Pisa to MLB because if we can get Zack Follet (excellent blitzer) i think we can send 6 (front 7 without Pisa) and make Pisa spy or middle zone. Because with excellent blitzing off the edgees and Brace collapsing the pocket the opposing Qb must make a quick decision. The Pisa to MLB is not really for the run it is more of a zone in the middle.

I like Scott McKillop too. But just not as a 3rd rounder. I say we wait for him till the 4th and if he isnt there we go elsewhere like Jaspar Brinkley if we have no intention of Pisa too MLB.

330 pounds is not the reason he is good vs. the run its his ability. He can collapse the pocket during run plays. He is also stout at the point of attack. Maybe he is being overhyped a bit due to the poor DTs in this year's draft but we are in need of a NT so we will reach for him.

Iglesias will be gone in the mid-late 2nd. Murphy is a guy i like beacuse he has really good leaping ability and that could really help as a slot guy. The one problems some WRs have in the NFL is getting seperation. Murphy is already good at that so i feel more confident that Muphy will be a good talent. Also Iglesias cannot break away from a DB.

I know next year there is a really good DT class that we can use to our advantage with drafting Ron Brace. You guys are probably getting annoyed by now hearing me repeat this but i will do it once again: Spags love DL substitutions. So if Cliff Ryan turns out to become a depth guy and not a starter type we can draft a DT/DE type like Justin Tuck next year. I just see Ron Brace as a part to the building blocks for the Defense.

No matter what we are taking a QB in the draft. If Gus Ferotte is that intrested in the Rams dont you think they would have signed him by now? They are not picking up a back-up so we need to draft one no matter what.
    Just because you are fast doesn't mean you can separate, his hands aren't on the level of Iglesias. Iglesias is extremely quick and gets separation by running good routes and exploding out of his breaks. I think he is more pro ready and more polished and that is exactly what we need because we don't have a viable vet presence on the roster.

Just because you are fast doesn't mean you can separate, his hands aren't on the level of Iglesias. Iglesias is extremely quick and gets separation by running good routes and exploding out of his breaks. I think he is more pro ready and more polished and that is exactly what we need because we don't have a viable vet presence on the roster.
    are u serious?

the knock on iglesais is his lack of seperation and his poor explosiveness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast