Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    codeman123 is offline Registered User

Re: B-Dub's Rams Mock draft 2.0 (Pisa starting MLB?)

we already have 2 speedy receivers who can separate from coverage, and it is better for us to get a large physical receiver who can dominate smaller corners and can be a redzone threat. there are a couple recievers who fit this mold, and i personally think we should get ramses "the pharaoh" barden because of his ridiculous amount of touchdowns in college. it doesnt really matter that he did this in tier 2, but it is the reason he is going to drop into the 3rd round.

iStillBelieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    we already have 2 speedy receivers who can separate from coverage, and it is better for us to get a large physical receiver who can dominate smaller corners and can be a redzone threat. there are a couple recievers who fit this mold, and i personally think we should get ramses "the pharaoh" barden because of his ridiculous amount of touchdowns in college. it doesnt really matter that he did this in tier 2, but it is the reason he is going to drop into the 3rd round.
    I'd take Barden in round 4, not sure about 3 though...i think he is too much of a project.

Just to put it out there I would for sure take any one of K Britt, M Johnson, S Smith, Z Hood, E Britton, W Beatty, J Lauranitis, and possibly R Brace in round 2.

I believe Monroe should be the pick in the first round.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    are u serious?

the knock on iglesais is his lack of seperation and his poor explosiveness
    Via NFL draft scout
    Separation Ability: Iglesias has a fluid stride that lets him elude second-level defenders. He makes very good body adjustments working underneath and the vision to be alert to his surroundings, as he has that knack for locating seams and settling down in soft spots. He has enough functional speed to get deep and threaten, but needs more crispness coming out of his long breaks. He has awareness to uncover, as he does a nice job at staying lower in his pads to cut more effectively working in the short areas. He has the size to shade a defender, but just lacks that second gear to separate in the deep zone. He is most comfortable working in the zone and excels at conning the defender with his head and shoulder fakes.

Compared to Murphy

Separation Ability: Murphy has exceptional speed, but when he false steps or fails to negotiate a release vs. the press, he will usually be stymied at the line. He can separate after the catch due to his second and third gear, head fakes and change of direction skills, but it looks like he hears footsteps when working over the middle. He will drop more than a fair share of passes (25 on 66 throws in 2008) when he lets the ball absorb into his body, but has the acceleration needed to gain yardage after the catch.

Who can't seperate?
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -03-16-2009 at 10:37 PM.

jbell15 Guest

I think there is no way we go DT in round two, and as iv'e stated before, Ron Brace is over-rated. Also, i don't see a big enough difference in the talent levels of Ron Brace, and a guy like sammie lee hill who can be had on day two.
    Generaly, defensive lineman do not make an impact in their first year, so i don't see the need to draft a "big, run stuffing dt" early, because i like Clif Ryan
    I think we go LB in round two, if we don't get curry. Lauranaitis or Sintim is bound to fall, and if they don't i'd take a WR.
    Right now, our LB corps is pretty awful.
    Pisa, Spoon, Draft, Culberson, Vobora, chamberlain? IMO, Yuck!
    I see you read my previous post, talking about Murphy, I like the kid a lot
    The rest of the draft looks good.
    I'm going to put my next mock up soon, looking pretty similar.

Warner4prez Guest

Brace is going to Miami in the 1st round.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

To be honest, that is a good mock draft. Eugene Monroe seems like he will make a more immediate impact on our line than Smith.

The Ron Brace pick is good.

I'm quite undecided about Louis Murphy. I agree with 39thebeast about Iglesias. However, if Iglesias is gone, then Murphy, Robiskie, or Barden would be my choice here.

I like the Bomar pick.

The Kyle Moore pick is good.

Frantz Joseph is a good player for the 6th round pick. That guy has good height, and 141 tackles is pretty impressive.

Love the Moore pick. This guy has good speed, and good returning abilities.

Good mock draft, djdeeznutz.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

This Draft Is Horrible. I'm glad you don't have the Final say so!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    Why?

I'm not in love with the draft he's put up either, and fair enough, you've got an opinion, but please have the courage to back it up with some sort of reasoning.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Why is this draft horrible? Do you have a reason or are you just trying to rain on the parade? You can disagree with his choices here, but personally I am going to put more stock into what he says since he explained every choice he made than I am to your post that simply says "this sucks!"

I appreciate BW's insight into the draft and the effort he put into this mock.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

First of all, you really should lose the "B-dub" thing.

Second, Pisa is not an MLB.

Beyond that, its a pretty good mock.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

I Have a Draft Prediction up already! Not only that, If Pisa is Undersized at 0LB....What makes you think he have the Slightest chance at MLB!?

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

No Brace ! E. Hood in 2nd.

The most ready WR in draft is B. Robiski. He's got height so-so speed 4.5 40. The best route ruuner in the draft. With great hands catches ball away from his body.
    T. Holt came out of College as one of the best route runners and look how he turned out.
    I like the K. Moore pick.
    I would rather have Brandstater as QB of the Future.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Via NFL draft scout
    Separation Ability: Iglesias has a fluid stride that lets him elude second-level defenders. He makes very good body adjustments working underneath and the vision to be alert to his surroundings, as he has that knack for locating seams and settling down in soft spots. He has enough functional speed to get deep and threaten, but needs more crispness coming out of his long breaks. He has awareness to uncover, as he does a nice job at staying lower in his pads to cut more effectively working in the short areas. He has the size to shade a defender, but just lacks that second gear to separate in the deep zone. He is most comfortable working in the zone and excels at conning the defender with his head and shoulder fakes.

Compared to Murphy

Separation Ability: Murphy has exceptional speed, but when he false steps or fails to negotiate a release vs. the press, he will usually be stymied at the line. He can separate after the catch due to his second and third gear, head fakes and change of direction skills, but it looks like he hears footsteps when working over the middle. He will drop more than a fair share of passes (25 on 66 throws in 2008) when he lets the ball absorb into his body, but has the acceleration needed to gain yardage after the catch.

Who can't seperate?
    well we get our info from 2 different souces i get it from scott wright's draft countdown.

can u pm me the link 2 your site cuz that's pretty in-depth

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    I think there is no way we go DT in round two, and as iv'e stated before, Ron Brace is over-rated. Also, i don't see a big enough difference in the talent levels of Ron Brace, and a guy like sammie lee hill who can be had on day two.
    Generaly, defensive lineman do not make an impact in their first year, so i don't see the need to draft a "big, run stuffing dt" early, because i like Clif Ryan
    I think we go LB in round two, if we don't get curry. Lauranaitis or Sintim is bound to fall, and if they don't i'd take a WR.
    Right now, our LB corps is pretty awful.
    Pisa, Spoon, Draft, Culberson, Vobora, chamberlain? IMO, Yuck!
    I see you read my previous post, talking about Murphy, I like the kid a lot
    The rest of the draft looks good.
    I'm going to put my next mock up soon, looking pretty similar.
    I actually think Ron Brace is underrated. He has been playing under BJ Raji's shadow. So i think he would want to break away from that an play well.

I use to like Samie Lee Hill and put him as our 6th rounder but last year he had to play DE because he could not take a double team. So i doubt he play more than 2 seasons in the NFL.

i think there is good value in the 3rd for a WR and Lauriniatis and Sintim will be gone. Lauriniatis will go in the 1st to the Ravens and The patriots will snag a guy like Sintim before us.

Yea our LBs looked bad but i belive in Spags that he can mentor these LBs. Culberson and Vabora have a lot of potential.

lol sorry i did not read your thread about Murphy.

Im lookin forward to your mock draft!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post

Good mock draft, djdeeznutz.
    Lol i kicked that gimmick to the curb

I Have a Draft Prediction up already! Not only that, If Pisa is Undersized at 0LB....What makes you think he have the Slightest chance at MLB!?
    Honestly im open to opinions but i thought i did pretty good. You need to give more reasons as to why the Draft was horrible. Because just cuz you have a different opinion doesnt mean mine is horrible cuz i cood turn it around and say yours is horrible cuz itz different. Pisa doesn't make a draft bad it makes a scheme bad i just wanted to throw the Pisa thing out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    First of all, you really should lose the "B-dub" thing.

Second, Pisa is not an MLB.

Beyond that, its a pretty good mock.
    lol putting Barron Wade's Mock draft is a pretty long thread title but alright will change it if i decide to make a new one in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    No Brace ! E. Hood in 2nd.
    Ziggy Hood is a pass rushing DT. Which is what we have in Adam Carriker. Also he is not a NT. So we need a guy that can stop the run on the inside.
    Last edited by BarronWade; -03-17-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12