Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: B. Lloyd?

  1. #16
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,043
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Brandon Lloyd Released, Any Takers?

    I have already expressed my interest.

    Yeah I was waiting for this to happen. I'm in if they want to go get him. He would not be the long term answer but he could provide experience and another weapon for Bradford NOW. Yeah most definitely.

    He would come fairly cheap as well.


  2. #17
    KoaKoi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Brandon Lloyd Released, Any Takers?

    got no problem with Lloyd, but he's

    a) not a long term fix
    b) prob'ly asking way too much

    So my money is on the draft. With Pettis in the slot and Cook and Kendrick manning the TE's spots, that leaves Givens, Quick, and Mr. soon to be first round pick to man the outside WR spots. Still would like a FA veteran to come in, but no need for an ego like Lloyd. But if he comes cheap, sure.

  3. #18
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Brandon Lloyd Released, Any Takers?

    As long as the money is right, the Rams would be foolish not to take a look. He'd instantly be our best receiver for the second time, even after the draft. And there's no mistaking the chemistry he and Sam had the first time around, or maybe I was sleepwalking.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -03-16-2013 at 04:53 PM.

  4. #19
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Brandon Lloyd Released, Any Takers?

    Pass, the guy couldn't wait to get out of here when Josh McD left, so let him cry on his shoulder.

    Go Rams!

  5. #20
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,449
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Brandon Lloyd Released, Any Takers?

    Doesn't matter in my opinion, because at the end of the day if we add Lloyd we draft a WR, and if we don't add Lloyd we still draft a WR. I'd prefer Nate Washington but either of these guys would be #4 options anyways.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  6. #21
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Brandon Lloyd Released, Any Takers?

    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Pass, the guy couldn't wait to get out of here when Josh McD left, so let him cry on his shoulder.

    Go Rams!
    Exactly... I find it hilarious that this guy is no longer a McD tool... Where was his buddy when the cuttin' started? LOL!!!!
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  7. #22
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,372
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quoting Rotoworld...

    Patriots released WR Brandon Lloyd.

    The move had been rumored for weeks. 31-year-old Lloyd didn't have a bad statistical season in his lone year with the Patriots (74/911/4), but his reportedly "erratic behavior" led some in the organization to believe he may be bipolar. Worse, Lloyd didn't stretch the field in New England and has never created yards after the catch. Lloyd, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Julian Edelman are now at the top of a stripped-down free-agent receiver market.
    Yeah, I'll pass.

    As I see it, being the best of a very underwhelming group of receivers in 2011 (Gibson, Alexander, Sims-Walker, Clayton, rookies Salas & Pettis) isn't a very convincing argument why he should be brought back for 2013.

    And I say that as a guy who has argued hard for a veteran starting receiver, so that tells you how I feel about Lloyd. Simply not impressed.

  8. #23
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,326
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    He's a nut who'll want to get paid. 6 teams in 10 years. No thanks.

  9. #24
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Quoting Rotoworld...



    Yeah, I'll pass.

    As I see it, being the best of a very underwhelming group of receivers in 2011 (Gibson, Alexander, Sims-Walker, Clayton, rookies Salas & Pettis) isn't a very convincing argument why he should be brought back for 2013.

    And I say that as a guy who has argued hard for a veteran starting receiver, so that tells you how I feel about Lloyd. Simply not impressed.
    And as I see it, who's problem is it that (Gibson, DX, Sims-Walker, Clayton, rookies Salas & Pettis, and oh yeah, Danny Amendola) happen to be the receivers on the roster that he happened to be better than?

    And even if being the best of an underwhelming group in 2011 is not a good arguement, how about the fact that he'd be the best of the current group too? A current group of 3.

    As for his "erratic behavior," I don't recall any major instances when he was here the first time.

    Again, if the money is right, I see no reason for us not to take a look.

  10. #25
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,595
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    100% a function of price. I have no problem with Lloyd on the cheap and i dont recall anyone having a problem with either his performance or behavior when he was on the Rams previously. So what they he left for a situation that he thought was more productive for him? It never ceases to amaze me that some people refuse to consider the business aspect of the NFL. These guys are not fans, they do what is in their best interests and the best interests of their families and why should it be an different? Its not any different for any of us in our lives so why should it be different for a football player. Let's say you work for a guy you like, treats you well and have good experiences with. He leaves your company to take another job and offers you a lucrative opportunity to go with him. How many of you would say "Sorry, cant do it, i want to stay with my current employer because i dont want to let down the shareholders and co workers"? I am not saying that is a null set, but its pretty rare and when it happens, its usually because of geographic relocation issues or vested compensation that gets lost if someone quits a job.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel
    Fortuninerhater likes this.


  11. #26
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    He made plays and that you can't deny but he was brought when DeSpags was desperate to try and plug the holes on a sinking ship. That being said I'd rather draft a guy and keep who got.

  12. #27
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    100% a function of price. I have no problem with Lloyd on the cheap and i dont recall anyone having a problem with either his performance or behavior when he was on the Rams previously. So what they he left for a situation that he thought was more productive for him? It never ceases to amaze me that some people refuse to consider the business aspect of the NFL. These guys are not fans, they do what is in their best interests and the best interests of their families and why should it be an different? Its not any different for any of us in our lives so why should it be different for a football player. Let's say you work for a guy you like, treats you well and have good experiences with. He leaves your company to take another job and offers you a lucrative opportunity to go with him. How many of you would say "Sorry, cant do it, i want to stay with my current employer because i dont want to let down the shareholders and co workers"? I am not saying that is a null set, but its pretty rare and when it happens, its usually because of geographic relocation issues or vested compensation that gets lost if someone quits a job.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel
    GC, I agree with your point that the NFL is a business and that the players will do what's best for them. Your example is also spot on concerning how we would react under similar job circumstances. What I think you're seeing in this thread, and I can only speak for myself is why would we want to embrace a player who bolted when the opportunity presented itself. You're right the players are not fans, but we are and we're not under any business arrangement to root for our team, so our reaction will be emotional and at times irrational while the team and the players will be rational and businesslike.

    Now from the football perspective I think Jeff Fisher doesn't want a player of B. Lloyd's age taking targets away from Givens, Quick, Pettis and any WR we draft this year. Just my humble opinion.

    Go Rams!

  13. #28
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    He made plays and that you can't deny but he was brought when DeSpags was desperate to try and plug the holes on a sinking ship. That being said I'd rather draft a guy and keep who got.
    I don't believe anybody's advocating he come here at the expense of draft picks or anybody on the current roster.

    Only in addition to, and for a relative bargain.

  14. #29
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I don't believe anybody's advocating he come here at the expense of draft picks or anybody on the current roster.

    Only in addition to, and for a relative bargain.
    Obviously so but there is only so many WR roster spots... I'd rather have a guy who is not Bi-Polar who has at least 3-4 years left in the NFL that can be developed.
    citr92 likes this.

  15. #30
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Obviously so but there is only so many WR roster spots... I'd rather have a guy who is not Bi-Polar who has at least 3-4 years left in the NFL that can be developed.
    I agree. We are building a core group here. No reason to throw Lloyd in there just because we need a WR. Now if it was a younger Lloyd or someone that's a bigger playmaker. I would be fine with

    But, if he comes cheap and we can sign him for just 1 year, I would be cool with it.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brandon Lloyd
    By sjacksonrules in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -02-23-2012, 08:01 PM
  2. With us picking up Lloyd..what does this mean?
    By Tampa_Ram in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
  3. Brandon Lloyd is a RAM
    By richtree in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: -10-18-2011, 03:36 PM
  4. Some facts about Lloyd from SI
    By Tampa_Ram in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -10-17-2011, 08:16 PM
  5. Sizing up Lloyd as No. 1
    By evil disco man in forum FANTASY
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -07-07-2004, 02:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •