Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: B. Lloyd?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Brandon Lloyd Released, Any Takers?

I have already expressed my interest.

Yeah I was waiting for this to happen. I'm in if they want to go get him. He would not be the long term answer but he could provide experience and another weapon for Bradford NOW. Yeah most definitely.

He would come fairly cheap as well.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

got no problem with Lloyd, but he's

a) not a long term fix
    b) prob'ly asking way too much

So my money is on the draft. With Pettis in the slot and Cook and Kendrick manning the TE's spots, that leaves Givens, Quick, and Mr. soon to be first round pick to man the outside WR spots. Still would like a FA veteran to come in, but no need for an ego like Lloyd. But if he comes cheap, sure.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

As long as the money is right, the Rams would be foolish not to take a look. He'd instantly be our best receiver for the second time, even after the draft. And there's no mistaking the chemistry he and Sam had the first time around, or maybe I was sleepwalking.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -03-16-2013 at 04:53 PM.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Pass, the guy couldn't wait to get out of here when Josh McD left, so let him cry on his shoulder.

Go Rams!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Doesn't matter in my opinion, because at the end of the day if we add Lloyd we draft a WR, and if we don't add Lloyd we still draft a WR. I'd prefer Nate Washington but either of these guys would be #4 options anyways.

THE DREAM TEAM

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Pass, the guy couldn't wait to get out of here when Josh McD left, so let him cry on his shoulder.

Go Rams!
    Exactly... I find it hilarious that this guy is no longer a McD tool... Where was his buddy when the cuttin' started? LOL!!!!
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: B. Lloyd?

Quoting Rotoworld...

Patriots released WR Brandon Lloyd.

The move had been rumored for weeks. 31-year-old Lloyd didn't have a bad statistical season in his lone year with the Patriots (74/911/4), but his reportedly "erratic behavior" led some in the organization to believe he may be bipolar. Worse, Lloyd didn't stretch the field in New England and has never created yards after the catch. Lloyd, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Julian Edelman are now at the top of a stripped-down free-agent receiver market.
    Yeah, I'll pass.

As I see it, being the best of a very underwhelming group of receivers in 2011 (Gibson, Alexander, Sims-Walker, Clayton, rookies Salas & Pettis) isn't a very convincing argument why he should be brought back for 2013.

And I say that as a guy who has argued hard for a veteran starting receiver, so that tells you how I feel about Lloyd. Simply not impressed.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

He's a nut who'll want to get paid. 6 teams in 10 years. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Quoting Rotoworld...

Yeah, I'll pass.

As I see it, being the best of a very underwhelming group of receivers in 2011 (Gibson, Alexander, Sims-Walker, Clayton, rookies Salas & Pettis) isn't a very convincing argument why he should be brought back for 2013.

And I say that as a guy who has argued hard for a veteran starting receiver, so that tells you how I feel about Lloyd. Simply not impressed.
    And as I see it, who's problem is it that (Gibson, DX, Sims-Walker, Clayton, rookies Salas & Pettis, and oh yeah, Danny Amendola) happen to be the receivers on the roster that he happened to be better than?

And even if being the best of an underwhelming group in 2011 is not a good arguement, how about the fact that he'd be the best of the current group too? A current group of 3.

As for his "erratic behavior," I don't recall any major instances when he was here the first time.

Again, if the money is right, I see no reason for us not to take a look.

general counsel is offline Registered User

100% a function of price. I have no problem with Lloyd on the cheap and i dont recall anyone having a problem with either his performance or behavior when he was on the Rams previously. So what they he left for a situation that he thought was more productive for him? It never ceases to amaze me that some people refuse to consider the business aspect of the NFL. These guys are not fans, they do what is in their best interests and the best interests of their families and why should it be an different? Its not any different for any of us in our lives so why should it be different for a football player. Let's say you work for a guy you like, treats you well and have good experiences with. He leaves your company to take another job and offers you a lucrative opportunity to go with him. How many of you would say "Sorry, cant do it, i want to stay with my current employer because i dont want to let down the shareholders and co workers"? I am not saying that is a null set, but its pretty rare and when it happens, its usually because of geographic relocation issues or vested compensation that gets lost if someone quits a job.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Fortuninerhater likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

He made plays and that you can't deny but he was brought when DeSpags was desperate to try and plug the holes on a sinking ship. That being said I'd rather draft a guy and keep who got.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    100% a function of price. I have no problem with Lloyd on the cheap and i dont recall anyone having a problem with either his performance or behavior when he was on the Rams previously. So what they he left for a situation that he thought was more productive for him? It never ceases to amaze me that some people refuse to consider the business aspect of the NFL. These guys are not fans, they do what is in their best interests and the best interests of their families and why should it be an different? Its not any different for any of us in our lives so why should it be different for a football player. Let's say you work for a guy you like, treats you well and have good experiences with. He leaves your company to take another job and offers you a lucrative opportunity to go with him. How many of you would say "Sorry, cant do it, i want to stay with my current employer because i dont want to let down the shareholders and co workers"? I am not saying that is a null set, but its pretty rare and when it happens, its usually because of geographic relocation issues or vested compensation that gets lost if someone quits a job.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC, I agree with your point that the NFL is a business and that the players will do what's best for them. Your example is also spot on concerning how we would react under similar job circumstances. What I think you're seeing in this thread, and I can only speak for myself is why would we want to embrace a player who bolted when the opportunity presented itself. You're right the players are not fans, but we are and we're not under any business arrangement to root for our team, so our reaction will be emotional and at times irrational while the team and the players will be rational and businesslike.

Now from the football perspective I think Jeff Fisher doesn't want a player of B. Lloyd's age taking targets away from Givens, Quick, Pettis and any WR we draft this year. Just my humble opinion.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    He made plays and that you can't deny but he was brought when DeSpags was desperate to try and plug the holes on a sinking ship. That being said I'd rather draft a guy and keep who got.
    I don't believe anybody's advocating he come here at the expense of draft picks or anybody on the current roster.

Only in addition to, and for a relative bargain.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I don't believe anybody's advocating he come here at the expense of draft picks or anybody on the current roster.

Only in addition to, and for a relative bargain.
    Obviously so but there is only so many WR roster spots... I'd rather have a guy who is not Bi-Polar who has at least 3-4 years left in the NFL that can be developed.
    citr92 likes this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Obviously so but there is only so many WR roster spots... I'd rather have a guy who is not Bi-Polar who has at least 3-4 years left in the NFL that can be developed.
    I agree. We are building a core group here. No reason to throw Lloyd in there just because we need a WR. Now if it was a younger Lloyd or someone that's a bigger playmaker. I would be fine with

But, if he comes cheap and we can sign him for just 1 year, I would be cool with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast