Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: B. Lloyd?

  1. #31
    RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I agree. We are building a core group here. No reason to throw Lloyd in there just because we need a WR. Now if it was a younger Lloyd or someone that's a bigger playmaker. I would be fine with

    But, if he comes cheap and we can sign him for just 1 year, I would be cool with it.
    As another poster mentioned, I think Washington is the best fit. He has big play ability, knows Fisher's system, and adds a veteran to a very young group of receivers. Guys like Givens, Quick, and whoever the Rams draft this year need someone to show the finer points of being a successful receiver in the NFL. Plus, Washington is younger and from what I have read a better teammate. Money is a factor though given the Rams cap situation after signing Jake Long. I can't imagine that Fisher wouldn't see the importance of adding a veteran WR to the team, even if it is a guy like Kevin Walter or Brandon Stokely.


  2. #32
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    As another poster mentioned, I think Washington is the best fit. He has big play ability, knows Fisher's system, and adds a veteran to a very young group of receivers. Guys like Givens, Quick, and whoever the Rams draft this year need someone to show the finer points of being a successful receiver in the NFL. Plus, Washington is younger and from what I have read a better teammate. Money is a factor though given the Rams cap situation after signing Jake Long. I can't imagine that Fisher wouldn't see the importance of adding a veteran WR to the team, even if it is a guy like Kevin Walter or Brandon Stokely.
    If you're referring to Nate Washington, then that might not be a bad move. I could agree with that.


  3. #33
    RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    If you're referring to Nate Washington, then that might not be a bad move. I could agree with that.
    Yes, I was referring to Nate Washington. Sorry for leaving that out. He seems to encompass everything the Rams need to round out their receiving core.
    RuffRams likes this.

  4. #34
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Obviously so but there is only so many WR roster spots... I'd rather have a guy who is not Bi-Polar who has at least 3-4 years left in the NFL that can be developed.
    Yeah, there are only so many WR roster spots.

    Typically a team will carry 6, we currently have 3. If we draft two that can be developed (as you say) and sign Lloyd, that equals six in my estimation.

    By the way, I don't believe Brandon Lloyd has been diagnosed as being bi-polar by anybody credible. Iknow it sounds good when trying to make your point, but let's at least give him the benefit of a professional diagnosis before we start trying make our points with it.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -03-18-2013 at 02:16 AM.

  5. #35
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,595
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    The reason that we would "embrace" Lloyd would be that he had 79 catches last year, in my scenario would come very cheap on a short term contract, and has a pretty good history of productivity at the NFL level, which is more than can be said for our current wide receiver group, who i happen to like a great deal and am optimistic about in the future. It's about production. I am not saying signing Lloyd to a short term deal replaces the long term need. What i am saying is that transition from college to the pros at WR is very difficult, and just because you draft a guy, doesnt mean he is going to step in and produce day one. Fisher is bulding for the future which i agree with, but Lloyd represents some current production if our kids are taking longer to develop.

    In short, if all we have are kids, i hope people that are rejecting the idea of Lloyd (or another vet short term on the cheap) remember that during the year when people are complaining that sammy doesnt have anyone to throw to that knows how to get open and make big catches. I dont think building for the future has to be mutually exclusive with signing a guy like Lloyd. What would be a huge mistake would be to spend a lot of money or make a long term commitment to a guy like lloyd, and no one is suggesting we do that.

    By the way, i am not wed to lloyd by any means. I simply think a cheap short term vet would help.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  6. #36
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: B. Lloyd?

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The reason that we would "embrace" Lloyd would be that he had 79 catches last year, in my scenario would come very cheap on a short term contract, and has a pretty good history of productivity at the NFL level, which is more than can be said for our current wide receiver group, who i happen to like a great deal and am optimistic about in the future. It's about production. I am not saying signing Lloyd to a short term deal replaces the long term need. What i am saying is that transition from college to the pros at WR is very difficult, and just because you draft a guy, doesnt mean he is going to step in and produce day one. Fisher is bulding for the future which i agree with, but Lloyd represents some current production if our kids are taking longer to develop.

    In short, if all we have are kids, i hope people that are rejecting the idea of Lloyd (or another vet short term on the cheap) remember that during the year when people are complaining that sammy doesnt have anyone to throw to that knows how to get open and make big catches. I dont think building for the future has to be mutually exclusive with signing a guy like Lloyd. What would be a huge mistake would be to spend a lot of money or make a long term commitment to a guy like lloyd, and no one is suggesting we do that.

    By the way, i am not wed to lloyd by any means. I simply think a cheap short term vet would help.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel
    Uh, oh, looks like Lloyd has an agent just like Terrence Williams out of Baylor has AV as his agent. Just kidding with you guys. GC, I don't disagree with having a veteran WR on the team, I just don't think this is the WR I would pick. As always you make great points about his productivity. But you have to admit having the O-Line Brady has in NE plus the other receiving options (Welker, Gronk & Hernandez) have something to do with that productivity. It now appears the Pat's are ready to re-sign him for less money, so that was probably the hidden agenda.

    If my memory serves me, I always felt he was great catching the ball, but his YAC were not great. Which doesn't disqualify him, I just feel (he does too) his best work was with Josh McD's playbook. As it now appears we're tapped out signing FA's we're probably going to draft another WR or 2.

    Go Rams!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Brandon Lloyd
    By sjacksonrules in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -02-23-2012, 08:01 PM
  2. With us picking up Lloyd..what does this mean?
    By Tampa_Ram in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
  3. Brandon Lloyd is a RAM
    By richtree in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: -10-18-2011, 03:36 PM
  4. Some facts about Lloyd from SI
    By Tampa_Ram in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -10-17-2011, 08:16 PM
  5. Sizing up Lloyd as No. 1
    By evil disco man in forum FANTASY
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -07-07-2004, 02:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •