general counsel is offline Registered User

backup running back-lendale white anyone?

seachickens released lendale white today. Anyone interested in him as the big boy"s backup?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: backup running back-lendale white anyone?

No thanks, if his old college coach with whom he has had his most productivity under doesn't even want him for more than a month, then no way would I even think about bringing him in.

BEER is offline Registered User

No way. I cant believe he got drafted. Besides we need a speed catching guy. I wish we would have got Jahvid Best. He would have fit us perfect.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

What's funny is that the Seahawks' trade for him was repeatedly given as one of the reasons the pundits loved their draft. Looks like we already have our first bust of the 2010 NFL Draft.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Most likely we are not considering him.

Seahawks cut LenDale White, who now faces a drug suspension By Doug Farrar

Just a month after they exchanged fourth- and sixth-round picks with the Tennessee Titans for running back LenDale White(notes), the Seattle Seahawks have released the USC alum. The Seahawks were thought to have need for White's services for two reasons - new head coach Pete Carroll coached White at USC, and the team doesn't have a goal-line back or a bruising first-down back on the roster. But despite the cast that White slimmed down to 220 pounds and was in the best shape of his football career, there were rumblings within the front office that White, who ran for 2,349 yards and 24 touchdowns in four seasons with the Titans, wasn't performing up to the level expected by Carroll and general manager John Schneider. Schneider expressed the reason for the release like so: "It became apparent at this time that LenDale was not ready to be a member of the Seahawks. It just did not appear to be the right fit at this point in our program. We wish LenDale all the best with his future."

What we then learned, per Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network, was that White is now facing a four-game suspension for a violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. No further details on this story are available at the present time. According to La Canfora, the Seahawks were aware of White's possible suspension when they traded for him, and that was not the reason he was cut.
    It's entirely possible that the Seahawks hoped and expected that White would become a part of the team, only to be disappointed and surprised by his work ethic. I would maintain that it's also possible that this move, coming as early in the preseason process as it does, is as much about sending a message to the team, media, and fans about the New Pete Carroll as anything else. Carroll is a self-aware guy and always has been - few coaches at any level are as astute when it comes to public perceptions - and he had to know the reputation that followed him back in to the NFL from his decade at USC. A player's coach, a bit of a milquetoast, a guy that professional veterans wouldn't take seriously. But in cutting a player that he not only coached in college, but dealt for in his first draft back in the NFL, Carroll's telling the world that nobody, including the coach himself, is on scholarship. He has to get his new team to buy in, and this is one way to go.
    As for White, who's always been up against it from commitment perspective (he's been overweight most of his career and he failed a drug test at the 2006 scouting combine), this is a major blow. When the coach who benefitted from your collegiate production casts you aside, that sends a very strong message to the rest of the league.
    Last edited by Nick; -05-28-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Removed the links

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

An honest question. However, I don't think LenDale White is a good fit, even as a back up. His work ethic has NEVER been considered strong, and I think he'd be counterproductive. The looming drug suspension also raises a red flag.

I would much rather prefer the Rams get Justin Fargas. Is he still available? Haven't heard much about him as of late, but I liked the job he did with Oakland under less than stellar circumstances.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

I say we sign the SC drug head the week before the Seattle game with the contingent he brings the Cheat carroll play book. Then cut him after the win.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Uhhh no thanks, how is the news for Westbrook going? Heard he was interested in becoming a Redskin. Hope that's not the case.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

I never liked him coming out of college where he was drafted and given his NFL history I really don't like him for the Rams. What does he bring us that we don't have besides problems?

J Way Guest

Yeah, if it wasn't for the possible suspension, I would be all for it.. remember guys, he played very well as a starter in 08.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Backup running back-Lendale White anyone?

Backup running back-Lendale White anyone?
    No, not at all. See all the above reasons.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Fyi, my initial post was prior to the announcement of the drug suspension. Given the drug problem, i dont see a reason to get involved with him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

No way, and doubt anyone here wants him either.