View Poll Results: Is backup Running Back a position of need?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, Chris Obonnaya doesn't cut it.

19 67.86%
  • No, Ogbonnaya Kenobi is good enough.

9 32.14%
    The Rammer Guest

Is backup running back a position of need?

I think Chris Ogbonnaya has a chance to be a really good backup to SJ39, but most people seem to believe that a backup to Big Steve is necessary for next season.

And yes, that is a Star Wars reference in the poll.

Mooselini Guest

Re: Is backup running back a position of need?

It is a position of need, but probably the last on my list. I would rather get other holes filled before I fill that one. Besides, I believe Ogbonaya is good enough.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I voted yes although I didn't like the fine print. Maybe CO will be a good back-up. I don't think we've seen enough evidence either way.I was totally flummoxed by the Darby situation last year. And I thought he looked just as good as CO when given some real playing time vs AZ. But CO is a DeSpags draft pick so I'd expect him to have the edge on sticking next season.No doubt that SJ won't make it through many more years with that workload.

I also think a change-up option would be useful. Someone with burner speed & good hands like Forsett for The Hags.Dunno where he's projected to go but I'd love to see Jahvid Best wearing the horns.

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

Geez... Obannaya was what? Our 7th round pick? And he's made leaps and strides to progress off the practice squad. He has all the tools we want. Lets give him a shot, Gado ain't getting it done.

Mooselini Guest

I agree with most of your guys' sentiments. Ogbonnaya deserves more of a look.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that it isn't a great position of need. If we can get a different position filled instead of taking a RB, then we NEED to.

We should give Ogbonnaya a look.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Geez. Those choices in the poll are kinda of leading! Why does the need or no need have to be based on Oby?

If he showed more I'd say yes, a backup RB is still needed. If he got the ball and dragged his bottom across the field like a dog, I say yes, a backup RB is still needed.

I can't pick an option on the poll provided, but YES, a backup RB is needed.

To clarify, there is no true proven relief for SJ on the roster. Doesn't mean his relief isn't there, it just may be to soon to say. And injuries happen, so you need depth. I'd like proven depth. But being proven has to start somewhere.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -01-10-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Semper Fi!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Geez... Obannaya was what? Our 7th round pick? And he's made leaps and strides to progress off the practice squad. He has all the tools we want. Lets give him a shot, Gado ain't getting it done.
    Huh? "leaps & strides"? The guy didn't even dress on Sundays until injury forced SJ to sit, did he?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Really didn't see enough of Ogbonaya to say that yet, but the coaches do know. He was in there alot on 3rd down showing that he is good in blitz pickup and as a receiver where he really excelled at Texas. That we know he can do, as a runner im not sure yet.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Ogbannaya has some good tools in a third down back. Soft hands, played a bit of receiver i understand. Good but not great speed. Heres a little clip of him doin' work at Texas.
    YouTube - Chris Ogbonnaya Texas vs Missouri

this guy has good moves but doesnt dance and wiggle unnecessarily he's a one cut back that sees a hole and explodes through it. Really need to watch him in training camp

theres another vid of him vs Colorado, look it up on youtube

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

We have been lucky up to this point with SJ, just think what would happen if he went down for an extended period of time. With the way we use him I would get a good veteren backup out of FA and work Oby up to maybe be #2 in 2011.

If we continue to be a running offense then I think that would make the #2 RB a pretty important need, certainly not at the bottom of the need list.

my 2 cents

molar_pistol Guest

we could definitely use another running back, this guy showed some flashes but that doesn't make him a consistent football player. it's not at the top of the list, and the list is long, but it's on the list.

RamsFan16 Guest

Ogbannaya is a nice back for us, however.. I'd like to get either Jahvid Best, or Jonathan Dryer to be a #2.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

"YES"
    This is a copycat League.
    I would love a change of pace back.
    Trade back twice and pick C.J. Spiller. Would be great 2 back Set.