Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Bar-bq's Final 2 Round 2011 NFL Mock Draft!

Here it is, Clan! This is the best that I could do. Have a squizz and let me know what you think!

ROUND ONE

1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    Adam Schefter beat everybody to the punch on Sam Bradford last year, and Newton to the Panthers makes a lot of sense. He guarantees bums on seats in Carolina, and he has the skillset to develop into a special player.

2. Denver Broncos: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
    Surprise! After a whole offseason projecting Dareus, it's Miller who has emerged as the favourite to the Broncos. Don't be shocked to see this pick go either way.

3. Buffalo Bills: Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, Alabama
    The Bills turn around and grab Dareus, one of the most versatile linemen to enter the draft in recent years. Gabbert is a possibility, but if the Bills aren’t sold, Ryan Fitzpatrick still has some mileage in him.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    At this point in time, I think Gabbert’s stock has slipped far enough that Green has the advantage at pick #4. I can see the Bengals being comfortable with a second round QB.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    I wouldn’t mind betting the Cardinals are going to do everything they can to get their hands on either the top QBs or on Von Miller. As it stands Patrick Peterson will be a nice addition to a secondary that now has to deal with young gun Sam Bradford twice every year.

6. Cleveland Browns:
    Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, UNC
    The Browns will either look to Julio Jones or the DL if they can’t trade down. Currently, they have more potential and depth at WR, so Quinn is the pick.

7. San Francisco *****: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    I considered Blaine Gabbert here – he will be awfully tempting, but at the end of the day I think that Harbaugh will see what he has in Alex Smith. It doesn’t matter that the rest of us already know the answer.

8. Tennessee Titans: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    I’ve bounced to and fro between Fairley and Da’Quan Bowers at this pick. I think Fairley’s stock is higher when it’s all said and done.

9. Dallas Cowboys:
    Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College
    Costanzo is the most NFL ready tackle in this class, but will still be a definite surprise pick in the Top 10. Look for Jones to engineer a trade down (Minnesota, Washington), and still land his man.

10. Washington Redskins: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    This is a no-brainer. Washington needs a QB, and Gabbert is legitimate Top-10 value.

11. Houston Texans: Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri
    Smith purports to be a dominant pass rusher from a standing position, and the Texans need to put some pressure on the passer. Need and value meet at pick 11.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    This pick was panned by critics for a long time, and it’s suddenly risen to prominence again. I can’t say I’m surprised – Locker could be the second coming of Favre.

13. Detroit Lions:
    Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    He’s less NFL ready than Castanzo, but Smith could become the best OT in this draft in a year or two. He’s a perfect fit for a Detroit team who need to protect their key investment: Matt Stafford.

14. St. Louis Rams: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    An ideal scenario in St. Louis. A lack of WR play killed their playoff aspirations last year.

15. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
    I’m not all that comfortable with a QB here, but I think that the Dolphins will pull the trigger. It’s a toss up between Mallet and Locker – at the end of the day, Mallet’s prototype size and strength wins out.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars:
    Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    The Jags will have their choice of defensive ends at pick 16. Bowers has the most potential, and he could excel next to Alualu.

17. New England Patriots: Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
    The Patriots might actually use both of their first round draft picks this year: Jordan would be an outstanding compliment to Ty Warren at the 5 Technique position.

18. San Diego Chargers:
    JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    Watt falls conveniently into the hands of a team who really could use the help at 3-4 DE. I expect somebody to trade up for Watt if he falls this far – look for Detroit and St. Louis to be viable trading partners.

19. New York Giants: Corey Luiget, DL, Illinois
    Luiget won’t make it out of the teens. He’s a good fit in New York if they’re prepared to let Cofield walk.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
    Kerrigan has a non-stop motor, and he’ll be in elite company along the Bucs DL. Look for him to be Grant Wistrom II.

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
    Nose Tackle is arguably the Chiefs’ primary need this offseason, and even though the value is a little high for Taylor here, he’s the best Nose Tackle in the draft. The Chiefs could probably move down a little bit and still target Taylor in five or six pick’s time.

22. Indianapolis Colts: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
    The Colts could desperately use some help along both of their lines. Pouncey has the versatility to play anywhere along the interior OL, and he’d be a welcomed addition by Peyton Manning.

23. Philadelphia Eagles:
    Gabe Carimi, OL, Wisconsin
    Protecting Mike Vick has to be the first priority for the Eagles this season. Carimi will slide on in to the right side of the OL and compete for Winston Justice’s job.

24. New Orleans Saints: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.
    Reports out of New Orleans are that the LOVE Cameron Heyward, and I do too. He’s got great size and speed, and would probably be selected a lot higher in any other draft.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
    This is an unideal situation for the Seahawks. Given their needs at QB and along the interior OL, and the value at pick 25, they could afford to move back a little before they pick. Watkins is the safest OL in this draft.

26. Baltimore Ravens: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    Smith has the size and speed to make an impact on the Ravens defense.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
    Need and value intersect at pick 27. Clayborn could have been a Top-20 pick.

28. New England Patriots: Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
    The Patriots continue to retool their front seven. Ayers has strong potential as a pass rusher, and is a good value fit in the 20’s.

29. Chicago Bears: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
    I wouldn’t be completely stunned to see Indianapolis pull the trigger on Wilkerson at #22. His stock has been skyrocketing recently, and he has emerged as a legitimate first round possibility. The Bears are looking for a replacement for fallen star Tommie Harris, and Wilkerson fits the bill as a talented under tackle.

30. New York Jets: Jabaal Sheard, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh
    Sheard is an interesting prospect: Rex Ryan hopes he’s not the second coming of Vernon Gholston.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
    Corner is a definite positional need for the Steelers, and Harris is good value at the end of 1.

32. Green Bay Packers: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    Chad Clifton has been the LT in Green Bay for as long as I can remember. It’s time for the Pack to start planning for the future – Solder is great value and the next in line.

ROUND TWO

33. New England Patriots: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

34. Buffalo Bills: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.

35. Cincinnati Bengals: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St.

36. Denver Broncos:
    Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State

37. Cleveland Browns: Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh

38. Arizona Cardinals: Brooks Reed, DE/OLB, Arizona

39. Tennessee Titans:
    Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

40. Dallas Cowboys: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

41. Washington Redskins: Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada

42. Houston Texans: Rasi-I Dowling, CB/S, Virginia

43. Minnesota Vikings: Jurrell Casey, DL, USC

44. Detroit Lions: Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville

45. San Francisco *****: Sam Acho, OLB/DE, Texas

46. Denver Broncos: Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

47. St. Louis Rams: Mason Foster, LB, Washington

48. Oakland Raiders: James Carpenter OL, Alabama

49. Jacksonville Jaguars: Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois

50. San Diego Chargers: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

52. New York Giants: Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois

53. Indianapolis Colts: Marvin Austin, DT, UNC

54. Philadelphia Eagles: Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

55. Kansas City Chiefs: Titus Young, WR, Boise St.

56. New Orleans Saints: Bruce Carter, OLB, UNC

57. Seattle Seahawks: Allen Bailey, DL, Miami

58. Baltimore Ravens: Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami

59. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Little, WR, UNC

60. New England Patriots: Clint Boling, OG, Georgia

61. San Diego Chargers: Ben Ijalana, OL, Villanova

62. Chicago Bears: Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida

63. Pittsburgh Steelers: Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh

64. Green Bay Packers:
    Justin Houston, OLB/DE, Georgia

jcook is offline Registered User

Re: Bar-bq's Final 2 Round 2011 NFL Mock Draft!

That would be two good picks for the Rams.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Yo, Bar-bq

Good mock. I especially like the pick of Mason Foster in the 2nd. Let's hope that he is the Rams' starting OLB for the next 8 - 10 years or so!

WHAT SAY YE?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

(crosses fingers)

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Honestly not a fan of the Rams draft. But those picks are very likely (no i do not like us taking Jones)

However the complete 2 round mock is verrry very good...
    1)If a team needs a franchise QB they should not wait till the 2nd; 4 QBs in the top 15 and all those QBs make sense where their going.

2)The Patriots get 3 huge steals in Jordan, Ayers, Ingram all three are great prospects

3) The Colts and Giants also get a great draft. I would not be surprised if Austin wins ROY being around winners because he has the talent.

4) The Ravens however walk away with the best 2 round draft IMO. Jimmy Smith is a pure shut down corner. He has reevis island potential and talent. And Hankerson has the big hands and that size these two are major impact players

Great draft overall!!