Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bar-bq

Thread: Bar-bq's one-and-done 2014 NFL Mock Draft!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Bar-bq's one-and-done 2014 NFL Mock Draft!

My one and only NFL Mock Draft for 2014. I've been absorbing all of the information, comparing all of the projections, and trying to work out a draft that could be a viable one come Thursday.

In previous years, I haven't projected trades, but this year I really went for it if I could find a move that made sense for both sides. Check below for the compensation.

1. Houston (2-14): Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

The predictable pick at this point, and a once in a generation talent.

TRADE

2. Cleveland from St Louis via Washington (3-13): Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

The long con works. Clevelands deals up to get above anyone else for Manziel.

3. Jacksonville (4-12): Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

If they can work out how to use him, Mack will be a stud.

4. St. Louis via Washington from Cleveland (4-12): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

Not my preferential pick, but a top prospect nonetheless. If Bradford stays upright, watch out.

5. Oakland (4-12): Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

A thousand free agent stopgap signings won't prevent Oakland securing the future at OT.

TRADE

6. Detroit from Atlanta (4-12): Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

Watkins is off the board, but Detroit goes up and gets Evans, who will cause havoc accross from Megatron.

TRADE

7. New York Jets from Tampa Bay (4-12): Odell Beckham, Jr., WR, LSU

The Bucs saw Evans snatched right from under them. Beckham could well be their own pick, but the offer from New York is too tempting. The Jets get a dynamic slot man for Geno to throw to, leaping an interested Buffalo in the process.

TRADE

8. Chicago from Minnesota (5-10-1): Hasean Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

Minnesota deals back because there's better value for them further down the board. Chicago deals up because of a porous secondary. Clinton-Dix is the best true Free Safety in this class.

9. Buffalo (6-10): Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

Matthews' fall ends at nine. So too ends the fall of any Quarterback starting for the bills up until 2024.

10. Atlanta from Detroit (7-9): Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

Lewan could have been the pick at 6. The Falcons got some spare change too.

11. Tennessee (7-9): Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina

Surprise! Ebron will make a splash pairing with Delainie Walker in Tennessee.

12. New York Giants (7-9): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh

I expect this to be Donald's floor, but I couldn't work out a trade for someone to go into the top ten to get him. It could well be that the Giants deal up to get their guy.

13. St. Louis (7-9): Zack Martin, OL, Notre Dame

Martin can play any position along the offensive line, and the Rams will probably need him to.

14. Minnesota from Chicago (8-8): Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida

Bortles' value is better suited to the mid-teens, and the Vikings are happy Tennessee are as committed as they are to Jake Locker.

15. Pittsburgh (8-8): Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

Ike Taylor clone fills the eventual void left by Ike Taylor.

16. Dallas (8-8): Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville

A box safety in the mould of Roy Williams for a team in need of a box safety in the mould of Roy Williams.

TRADE

17. Cincinnati from Baltimore (8-8): Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

Cincy senses danger and climbs up for their choice of the corners on the board. Baltimore scores a sweet reward from a division rival.

18. Tampa Bay from New York Jets (8-8): Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

The Bucs dealt further down than Minnesota and still come away with a really talented, pro-ready QB prospect in Bridgewater. He'll sit behind McCown for a year or two.

19. Miami (8-8): Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State

Denard falls to a team that could really use his rangy athleticism and 4.5 speed.

20. Arizona (10-6): C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama

Mosley's another guy who gets lost in the fray a little. I'd like to see him higher, but the Cardinals wouldn't.

TRADE

21. New Orleans from Green Bay* (8-7-1): Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA

The Saints are in win-now mode and the only way they can do that is by getting at the QB. The Pack don't need a WR or a DB so they can safely deal back a bit.

22. Philadelphia* (10-6): Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State

Enter the run of Corners and Receivers. Cooks is a damn good one to replace DeSean.

23. Kansas City* (11-5): Marquise Lee, WR, USC

They need someone to replace Dexter McCluster's 53 reps. The only way Alex Smith will win is if he's surrounded by premium guys.

24. Baltimore from Cincinnati* (11-5): Jimmy Ward, S, NIU

Baltimore move back and still land a gun safety prospect in Ward. Expect him to run the show in 2016.

25. San Diego* (9-7): Jason Verrett, CB, TCU

Verrett's one of my favourite players in this draft. He'll start in the slot and work his way into a full-time starting role.

26. Cleveland - from Indianapolis* (11-5): Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio St

The Browns use their second pick of this round to add to their secondary.

27. Green Bay from New Orleans* (11-5): Joel Bitonio, C, Nevada

Bitonio is a name to watch in the first round. Has the athleticism to play inside and out but prefers the Center position. He'll be one of the best in a few years.

TRADE

28. Houston from Carolina* (12-4): Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

The Texans surrender second and fourth rounders to go get Garoppolo.

29. New England* (12-4): Rashede Hagerman, DT, Minnesota

How did Hagerman fall this far? Bill Belichick is a happy man. He'll man the 1-technique in Boston.

30. San Francisco* (12-4): Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana

The reality is that San Francisco is at the mercy of pretty much every other WR-and-CB needy team from 20-29. Good luck trading up. Latimer's by no means a bad consolation prize, but the niners probably had their eyes on a Brandon Cooks.

31. Denver* (13-3): Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio St.

Denver added heaps of talent to their linebacking core with the signing of DeMarcus Ware. Shazier bolsters that unit inside.

32. Seattle* (13-3): Xavier Su’a-Filo, OG, UCLA

The rich get richer, as maybe the draft's best pure OG falls to the Superbowl champs.

TRADE SUMMARY
    • St Louis sends pick #2 to Cleveland for Picks #4, #71 and a 2015 third rounder.
    • Atlanta sends picks #6 and #147 to Detroit for picks #10 and #45
    • Tampa Bay sends pick #7 to New York for picks #18, #49 and a 2015 fourth rounder
    • Minnesota sends picks #8 and #148 to Chicago for picks #14, #51 and #191
    • Baltimore sends pick #17 to Cincinnati for picks #24, #55 and #252
    • Green Bay sends pick #21 to New Orleans for picks #27, #91, and a 2015 third rounder.
    • Carolina sends pick #28 to Houston for picks #33 and #101
    laram0 likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Bar-bq's one-and-done 2014 NFL Mock Draft!

Watkins and Martin definitely work for me! Nice job!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Thanks dude!

Interested to know if anyone thinks these are reasonable trades?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Nice work!

Cleveland leapfrogging Jacksonville for Manziel could happen. I'd prefer a tackle but it's hard to not be happy with Watkins and the potential for a true #1 type receiver on this offense.

I like Detroit moving up there, and I think the compensation is fair. Evans across from Megatron... glad we're not in the NFC North.

The Jets moving up for Beckham is a rumor that's gaining momentum. I could see it happening, especially if Tampa finds themselves on the board and the top two WRs are gone.

Not sure I see a Chicago/Minnesota trade happening within the division.

Martin @ 13 is okay; I think his future in the NFL is at guard, and I hate missing out on a potential decade long solution at LT based on where we're picking. I would probably go with one of the top CBs at that spot, but having Martin lock down the LG spot is solid.

Cincy moving up for Fuller is a good move, just not sure Baltimore is the team to help them out.

I love that you have Bitonio sneaking into the first. I think that's definitely a possibility. If the Rams don't go OL in round one and for some reason he's there on Day Two, I think he's an obvious choice.

I like Houston moving back into the first for a QB.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

shower beers is offline Registered User

Love the ambition of this mock, excellent work! Can't say I'd be disappointed with this duo either.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Watkins and martin is also my favorite combo in this draft. I just don't see it happening, I dont think the Rams are high on Watkins :/