Here's my second projection for April's draft. I'm looking at churning another one out before draft day. I think I've made a couple of different picks to what's generally out there at the moment.

As always, let me know what you think!

ROUND ONE

1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Adam Schefter beat everybody to the punch on Sam Bradford last year, and Newton to the Panthers makes a lot of sense. He guarantees bums on seats in Carolina, and he has the skillset to develop into a special player.

2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, Alabama
This pick is all but locked up. One of the most versatile linemen to come along in some time who addresses a major need on the Denver defense.

3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
Miller will provide the pass rush the Bills’ organization has sorely been lacking. Gabbert is a possibility, but if the Bills aren’t sold, Ryan Fitzpatrick still has some mileage in him.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: AJ Green, WR, Georgia
It seems like the Mexican stand off is going to continue in Cincinnati, but I’m not entirely sold on their drafting a Quarterback. If Palmer’s issues cannot be resolved, I think that the Bengals will make inquiries to pinch Kevin Kolb from Philadelphia. The WCO similarities make Kolb a nice fit, and Green would be the ideal target for him to throw to.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
I wouldn’t mind betting the Cardinals are going to do everything they can to get their hands on either the top QBs or on Von Miller. As it stands Patrick Peterson will be a nice addition to a secondary that now has to deal with young gun Sam Bradford twice every year.

6. Cleveland Browns: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
This is where things begin to get dicey. The Browns probably would have loved to have selected AJ Green, but the Bengals have put them in an awkward position. Da’Quan Bowers used to be the default pick, but his knee is going to force him down draft boards. Given the situation, I expect the Browns to explore a trade with a team hunting Blaine Gabbert. Smith has the versatility to play inside and out, and his stock has been skyrocketing. I expect him to be drafted higher than a lot of pundits will be predicting.

7. San Francisco *****: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Gabbert is the ideal pick for San Francisco, and they’ll probably have to trade up to make sure that they get him. It’s time to start over in the Bay Area.

8. Tennessee Titans: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Reports are that the Titans have guaranteed Bowers that he’ll be selected if he falls to pick #8. He has fallen.

9. Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
Here, the pick reportedly has come to an OT or a 3-4 DE, and there’s good value at either position. It will depend on who is higher on the Cowboys’ board, but I think that protecting the passer will become priority.

10. Washington Redskins: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Jones is the popular pick at #10, and I think he’s the obvious one unless one of the top quarterbacks were to miraculously fall. As a Rams fan, I hope to god that one of them does, because I’d love to have a weapon like Jones on my team.

11. Houston Texans: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
The Texans’ secondary was a shambles last season, so having Amukamara fall this far is a godsend. They’ll race to the podium if he’s available.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
The notorious Williams wall has deteriorated in Minnesota, and the typically stout Vikings defense had trouble stopping the run last season. I don’t expect Lezlie Frazier to stand for that much longer.

13. Detroit Lions: Robert Quinn, DE, UNC
I’m tipping Detroit to be active in the trade game come draft day. The value isn’t great at OL, LB or CB here, so the Lions choose the best player available to team with their rising star in Ndamukong Suh.

14. St. Louis Rams: Corey Luiget, DL, Illinois
The Rams will probably look to explore a trade down if their primary targets, Julio Jones and A.J. Green, are unavailable. The problem is that they really can’t afford to trade down too far, or they run the risk of missing out on any of the draft’s premier D-Linemen. Luiget represents the best value at DT, where the Rams have an opening opposite Fred Robbins.

15. Miami Dolphins: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
I struggled with this pick pretty mightily. I’m not all that high on the idea of Mark Ingram as a top fifteen pick, but, again, there’s not great value on the board for the Dolphins. I’d look at the Dolphins as a team willing to trade down for extra picks, and try to pick up a player like Ingram or Pouncey a little later. I think Pouncey’s value is a little higher, and Sparano will consolidate the OL.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
The Jaguars are looking for some defensive end help, and Kerrigan has an outstanding motor. It’s a classic case of need meeting value at pick 16.

17. New England Patriots: Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
The Patriots might actually use both of their first round draft picks this year: Jordan would be an outstanding compliment to Ty Warren at the 5 Technique position.

18. San Diego Chargers: JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
Watt falls conveniently into the hands of a team who really could use the help at 3-4 DE. I expect somebody to trade up for Watt if he falls this far – look for Detroit and St. Louis to be viable trading partners.

19. New York Giants: Anthony Castanzo, OT, Boston College
The Giants’ OL is ageing, and they’ll need somebody to step in and protect Manning eventually. Defensive line was a consideration here as well.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
Clayborn has been slipping a little, but I think he’d be a nice fit as a part of the re-tooled Bucs D-Line. Clayborn and the Bucs’ premier rookies will give the NFC South some trouble in 2011.

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
Nose Tackle is arguably the Chiefs’ primary need this offseason, and even though the value is a little high for Taylor here, he’s the best Nose Tackle in the draft. The Chiefs could probably move down a little bit and still target Taylor in five or six pick’s time.

22. Indianapolis Colts: Gabe Carimi, OL, Wisconsin
The Colts could desperately use some help along both of their lines. Carimi has the versatility to play anywhere along the OL, and he’d be a welcomed addition by Peyton Manning.

23. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
Harris has jumped Jimmy Smith as the third best corner on my board, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him selected in the late teens. The Iggles need some help at the cornerback position, and Harris is a nice value fit.

24. New Orleans Saints: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.
Reports out of New Orleans are that the LOVE Cameron Heyward, and I do too. He’s got great size and speed, and would probably be selected a lot higher in any other draft.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Matt Hasselbeck’s days are numbered in Seattle, and it’s definitely time that the franchise began to groom his heir. Locker hurt his stock by returning to school, but he’ll be happy to be staying close to home. The Hawks were rumoured to have liked him enough to select him in the top ten last offseason.

26. Baltimore Ravens: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
The Ravens’ secondary wasn’t exactly a strong suit last year. Journeymen stand aside: the Jimmy Smith era begins now.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Justin Houston, OLB/DE, Georgia
The Falcons are in need of some DE help, and Houston is the best on board.

28. New England Patriots: Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
The Patriots continue to retool their front seven. Ayers has strong potential as a pass rusher, and is a good value fit in the 20’s.

29. Chicago Bears: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
I wouldn’t be completely stunned to see Indianapolis pull the trigger on Wilkerson at #22. His stock has been skyrocketing recently, and he has emerged as a legitimate first round possibility. The Bears are looking for a replacement for fallen star Tommie Harris, and Wilkerson fits the bill as a talented under tackle.

30. New York Jets: Brooks Reed, DE, Arizona
Vernon Gholston was a colossal bust, and it’s time for Rex Ryan to bring in another stud pass rusher.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
Pittsburgh Steeler football is based in the trenches, and the Steelers could still use some help along the OL. Cornerback is the other consideration here, and if they traded back a little, Ras-I Dowling could be a fit.

32. Green Bay Packers:
Jabaal Sheard, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh
Sheard is an intriguing prospect. I think that he’ll be selected inside the first fifty picks, but the specifics are a bit of a mystery. I think he has a lot of potential to be a really solid compliment to Clay Matthews on the edge of Green Bay’s 3-4.

ROUND TWO

1. New England Patriots: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
2. Buffalo Bills: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
3. Cincinnati Bengals: Marcus Canon, OT, TCU
4. Denver Broncos: Allen Bailey, DL, Miami
5. Cleveland Browns: Titus Young, WR, Boise St.
6. Arizona Cardinals: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
7. Tennessee Titans: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St.
8. Dallas Cowboys: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
9. Washington Redskins: Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
10. Houston Texans: Rasi-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
11. Minnesota Vikings: Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
12. Detroit Lions: Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
13. San Francisco *****: Bruce Carter, OLB, UNC
14. Denver Broncos: Clint Boling, OG, Georgia
15. St. Louis Rams: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
16. Oakland Raiders: Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
18. San Diego Chargers: Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
20. New York Giants: Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa
21. Indianapolis Colts: Ben Ijalana, OL, Villanova
22. Philadelphia Eagles: Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
23. Kansas City Chiefs: Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
24. New Orleans Saints: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
25. Seattle Seahawks: Rodney Hudson, OL, Florida St.
26. Baltimore Ravens: Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
27. Atlanta Falcons: Marvin Austin, DT, UNC
28. New England Patriots: James Carpenter OL, Alabama
29. San Diego Chargers: Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
30. Chicago Bears: Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Davon House, CB, New Mexico St.
32. Green Bay Packers: Brandon Burton, CB, Utah.