View Poll Results: How happy are you with the Barron/Carpenter Trade?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • We got a steal!!!

    20 24.39%
  • eh... about even...

    56 68.29%
  • What was the FO thinkin????

    6 7.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Barron/Carpenter Trade a Done Deal

    All it takes is a revelation of sorts.

    "Ya know, F this Barbie name.."

    First time I heard Barbie, I would have been looking to smack you in the mouth....but thats just me..


  2. #32
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,290
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Barron/Carpenter Trade a Done Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    All it takes is a revelation of sorts.

    "Ya know, F this Barbie name.."

    First time I heard Barbie, I would have been looking to smack you in the mouth....but thats just me..
    Watched some of the '08 Rams/Cowboys game to see what this guy was like; no way am I gonna scour tape of Cowturd games other than vs The Rams...ugh...Anyway,BC was in & out-mostly out- but all the Dallas LBs were getting run over by SJ that glorious day,inc Zach Thomas who, I believe, coined the name Barbie. So there's that. BC did make a nice tackle on SJ at the LOS at about 12:55 to play 1st Q. Also blitzed once (4:40 3Q) & took Cogs back a few yards , shed his block, & got a lick on Bulger who was being sacked.

    Didn't see any glaring egs of a lack of physicality on BC's part but Dallas' whole D got spanked that day....
    Heheheh
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -05-18-2010 at 01:16 AM.

  3. #33
    The Optimistic Lamb's Avatar
    The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Barron/Carpenter Trade a Done Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Watched some of the '08 Rams/Cowboys game to see what this guy was like; no way am I gonna scour tape of Cowturd games other than vs The Rams...ugh...Anyway,BC was in & out-mostly out- but all the Dallas LBs were getting run over by SJ that glorious day,inc Zach Thomas who, I believe, coined the name Barbie. So there's that. BC did make a nice tackle on SJ at the LOS at about 12:55 to play 1st Q. Also blitzed once (4:40 3Q) & took Cogs back a few yards , shed his block, & got a lick on Bulger who was being sacked.

    Didn't see any glaring egs of a lack of physicality on BC's part but Dallas' whole D got spanked that day....
    Heheheh
    So as the only person on here to go back and actually research Carpenter somewhat thoroughly, how well do you think he will do on the Rams?

  4. #34
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,290
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Barron/Carpenter Trade a Done Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    So as the only person on here to go back and actually research Carpenter somewhat thoroughly, how well do you think he will do on the Rams?
    Dunno. As I said, I watched very little tape on the guy.One game from two years ago is hardly exhaustive. And I'm not really used to watching a 3/4 D so whether he was assignment-sound on any given play is hard to discern.

    I do think the knocks on the guy are probably exaggerated; 40+ combined tackles, 2 sacks, and a pass defended are reasonable numbers for a guy who only saw spot duty. Clearly, he defeated/shed SOME blocks and made some tackles.Never saw him whiff or get blown up but he didn't blow anyone up, either.

  5. #35
    The Optimistic Lamb's Avatar
    The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Barron/Carpenter Trade a Done Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Dunno. As I said, I watched very little tape on the guy.One game from two years ago is hardly exhaustive. And I'm not really used to watching a 3/4 D so whether he was assignment-sound on any given play is hard to discern.

    I do think the knocks on the guy are probably exaggerated; 40+ combined tackles, 2 sacks, and a pass defended are reasonable numbers for a guy who only saw spot duty. Clearly, he defeated/shed SOME blocks and made some tackles.Never saw him whiff or get blown up but he didn't blow anyone up, either.
    Well that's really good to hear. I'm glad you didn't see anything terrible.
    And I wasn't expecting Carpenter to be anymore of a thumper than Laurinaitis. Its seems that Ohio State LB's are technically sound and intelligent players. Not thumper thugs like USC produces.

  6. #36
    tank_dogg06's Avatar
    tank_dogg06 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Barron/Carpenter Trade a Done Deal

    Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Well that's really good to hear. I'm glad you didn't see anything terrible.
    And I wasn't expecting Carpenter to be anymore of a thumper than Laurinaitis. Its seems that Ohio State LB's are technically sound and intelligent players. Not thumper thugs like USC produces.
    The Bucks have had some big hitters in the past...

    YouTube - Zack Dumas Hit Stacy Danley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: -02-10-2010, 11:27 AM
  2. Jim Thomas Live, Jan 4th
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-05-2008, 09:34 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: -03-22-2006, 01:17 AM
  4. Rams and Pace reach deal
    By Aries51 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-16-2005, 03:19 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: -02-28-2005, 12:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •