Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Barron to sign tender

Hopefully this will be so we can trade him easier, its time for him to go.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I dont think it will comes if westbrook is signed, I'd rather just pick someone up in the draft.
    Let me be clear that I'm not advocating it although I think Lynch is far less of a thug than , say, Marshall. I've followed his troubled career since he was a Cal recruit & feel he's more dumb than bad. And I know there is a strong contingent here for DeSpags' lowering the four pillar thing to help accelerate the rebuild. This seems to me to be the kind of option that gets them all lathered up.

I think keeping Barron, if he signs & otherwise behaves himself, until close to the Oct 19th trade deadline-just after game #6 - is the best option. The Rams should have a better idea of what their OL situation is by then & his value would skyrocket if there are injuries at that spot on other teams like The Bills.

One of Devaney's best skills seems to be these mid-season shopping sprees/gem hunts. If Smith & Saffold settle in at the OT spots, would Goldberg's greater versatility outweigh Barron's greater experience/physical talent/durability by enough for him to use Barron in one of those deals that he likes to make?

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Let me be clear that I'm not advocating it although I think Lynch is far less of a thug than , say, Marshall. I've followed his troubled career since he was a Cal recruit & feel he's more dumb than bad. And I know there is a strong contingent here for DeSpags' lowering the four pillar thing to help accelerate the rebuild. This seems to me to be the kind of option that gets them all lathered up.

I think keeping Barron, if he signs & otherwise behaves himself, until close to the Oct 19th trade deadline-just after game #6 - is the best option. The Rams should have a better idea of what their OL situation is by then & his value would skyrocket if there are injuries at that spot on other teams like The Bills.

One of Devaney's best skills seems to be these mid-season shopping sprees/gem hunts. If Smith & Saffold settle in at the OT spots, would Goldberg's greater versatility outweigh Barron's greater experience/physical talent/durability by enough for him to use Barron in one of those deals that he likes to make?
    ok, good points.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    ok, good points.
    I Second that thought.

The Rams need all the picks they can get in the draft. The Rams Already lost one for Payne a Safety from the Bears..

I guess the Rams will think trading down in next years draft is a good option. (Rookie salary cap) There will be three real good QB's comming out next year Locker, Luck & Mallet. Great trade bait. I think the Rams will be picking in the top five again. I don't see alot of wins with a rookie QB at the helm.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I Second that thought.

The Rams need all the picks they can get in the draft. The Rams Already lost one for Payne a Safety from the Bears..

I guess the Rams will think trading down in next years draft is a good option. (Rookie salary cap) There will be three real good QB's comming out next year Locker, Luck & Mallet. Great trade bait. I think the Rams will be picking in the top five again. I don't see alot of wins with a rookie QB at the helm.
    Already moving on to next year's draft eh?....

Payne apparently was a conditional 7th, if he makes the team its a seventh rounder for him. Seeing as a rather large percentage of 7ths dont make their respective teams, its already a win if he makes ours.

Not sure why we have to assume we're picking in the top five again, ugh.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12