Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BarronWade is offline Registered User

BarronWade's Rams mock draft

I see so many mock drafts out there with us drafting Aaron Curry. i dont agree with us drafting Aaron Curry so this is how is see it going down. I tried my best by choosing picks that will help Spags builing plans with 3 of the 4 pillars: Team first, Core Values, Character.

1st round (2)- Eugene Monroe OT
    Alternate pick: Jason Smith OT
    After the way we got the best young OL in FA i think Spags and Devaney are going to build form the O-line so here we take another O-Lineman. Whoever is the best OT come draft time is the person we going to get. I just have a gut feeling that Monroe will be that guy because the Rams can see Monroe playing vs. elite competition.

(TRADE: the rams trade there 2nd (35) and 3rd (66) round picks (810 point value) to the Patriots for there 1st rounder (23) and 4th (120) (814 point value))

1st round (23)- James Lauriniatis MLB
    Alternate pick: Darius Heyward-Bey
    We do not get Curry yet we still get a MLB and we keep the same amount of draft picks. Also we get the cheaper possibly better however less physical verison of Aaron Curry.

4th round (99)- Keenan Lewis CB
    Alternate: Pat White QB/WR
    Keenan Lewis is very intelligent. a little under 6-1. Can play saftey if we dont get Butler. Lewis is great in a zone defence so good nickelbakc saftey. Pat white coould come to the team to play WR cuz we need depth if Holt leaves. Also he could be in depth for QB however not a #2 so we would have to pick up a FA QB.

4th round (120)- Rhett Bomar QB
    Alternate: Antoher QB (Nate Davis, Tom Brandstater, Hunter Cantwell)
    If we dont get Pat white we have to take a QB here. whoever is available. Brandstater might be a reach however since he was the best thrower at the combine we dont need to wait on him and see another team scoop him up.

5th round (130)- Austin Collie WR
    Alternate: DE (Kyle Moore, Mike Shaughnessy), trade
    Austin Collie would be a steal here. However he might be gone so if he is take one of those DE. IMO Kyle Moore would be great. Moore is not a sack guy he is a guy that will stop the run. We could use him on 2nd and short instead of Little. Or we can trade this 5th rounder to the Eagles for Reggie Brown if the Eagles will accept it. They want a 4th but wont get it. However this trade is pretty unlikely.

6th round (163)- Sammie Lee Hill NT
    Alternate: Kenny McKinley WR, Quinn Johnson FB
    Hill is a good nose tackle for us. CLiff Ryan and Hill can split time at NT in Spags D sub packages. However the bills might reach for Hill and take him in the 5th so McKinley would be a good WR too get who has good hands and leaping ability however is a little thin. I dont want to get into Quinn Johnson cuz i think we are picking one up in FA.

7th round (195)- Devin Moore RB
    Alternate: Ian Johnson RB
    We need a change of pace back for Action Jackson. Moore and is the exact opposite of Jackson and Johnson is small and quick. So i say whoever is available here. Both of them might be available in the 7th because there lack of duribility and size and not elite Chris Johnson speed.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Re: BarronWade's Rams mock draft

Love the draft if it can go down that way.
    However i'd take j.smith over monroe.
    or
    i'd take curry then get beatty or britton.
    but i don't think the pats want to add another second round pick, making it their fourth pick in the round.

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    Love the draft if it can go down that way.
    However i'd take j.smith over monroe.
    or
    i'd take curry then get beatty or britton.
    but i don't think the pats want to add another second round pick, making it their fourth pick in the round.
    The Patriots love 2nd round picks because they do not have to pay 1st round money. Just look at what they can do in the 2nd with back to back picks. They just lost Vrabel and Seymour so they can take Robert Ayers and Clint Sintim so i think they would be pretty good. The patriots are the type of team that likes 2nd and 3rd rounders more than 1st rounders. Just look at the Cassel trade. They could have gotten a 1st rounder from Denver but they opted for a 2nd from the Chiefs.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

the patriots are a team that would definately make that trade if they could. if it was possible to make the trade getting beatty might be possible so we could take curry with the first pick. However i think were gone draft monroe or jason smith.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

I think you did a good job. I dont like mocks with trades, but you listed reasons, and you thought it through so ill let it slide haha. Id love Curry in the first, then Beatty in round 2, or maybe William Moore/Patrick Chung.

zingers16 is offline Registered User

If Holt is not here (like expected), then we need a WR higher then 5. Personally I would be looking to take 2 in this draft.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I like it!

The trade for NE's 1 would be nice, we could alternately go Curry (if avail.), then Oher/A.Smith/Beatty/Britton, dep on who's available as well.

Nice work. Could definitely handle a Monroe/Hey-Bey or Smith/Lauranitis combo!

Quote Originally Posted by zingers16 View Post
    If Holt is not here (like expected), then we need a WR higher then 5. Personally I would be looking to take 2 in this draft.
    Well even if we release Holt we may not get a WR at all in the draft. Cuz we have a new regime and all signs are pointing to Avery and Burton as the starters. However we might take some undrafted WRs or some in the extra picks (i think it is called supplementary and complementary) like a Jaison Williams 6-4 out of Oregon or Greg Orton 6-2 out of Purdue. I just dont see us getting an impact WR in the draft we have too many other needs. Also i do not think we are going out to get a Free Agent WR. So here is how i see our WR corps:

Starter: Donnie Avery
    Starter: Keenan Burton
    Slot: Dane Looker (will lose the job in season to derek stanley)
    #4 guy: Derek Stanley
    #5 guy: rookie
    #6 guy: rookie

This may look bad but i see us taking a WR in round 1 or 2. However lets get back to this year. Pat Shurmur was a QB coach of the Eagles now he is our Offensive Coordinator and will be calling the plays. If you know the Eagles reciving core they really don't have a pure #1. They have a #2 in Kevin Curtis (former Rams) then a whole lot of #3 guys (Brown, Jackson, Basket).

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    I like it!

The trade for NE's 1 would be nice, we could alternately go Curry (if avail.), then Oher/A.Smith/Beatty/Britton, dep on who's available as well.

Nice work. Could definitely handle a Monroe/Hey-Bey or Smith/Lauranitis combo!
    Now that Pace is gone we can throw the Curry talks out the window. So no more "alternately go curry then OT with a 2nd 1st rounder. And honestly it think Lauriniatis is a better cheaper version of Curry. Cuz Curry played SLB and that is his "best position" just like eventhough spoon played MLB well we are moving him to WLB cuz it is his "best position". Well James Laurinaitis's "best position" is MLB so we dont need to change him later

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Now that Pace is gone we can throw the Curry talks out the window. So no more "alternately go curry then OT with a 2nd 1st rounder. And honestly it think Lauriniatis is a better cheaper version of Curry. Cuz Curry played SLB and that is his "best position" just like eventhough spoon played MLB well we are moving him to WLB cuz it is his "best position". Well James Laurinaitis's "best position" is MLB so we dont need to change him later
    I don't think so, i see it the exact opposite.
    I think that they really think Barron can be the answer at his natural LT position, that is why they released pace.
    They see that any OT they get in round two can step in at RT immediately, if they go ahead and get Curry.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I think that they really think Barron can be the answer at his natural LT position, that is why they released pace.
    Uhh, they released Pace because he had a massive cap figure. I don't think Barron played much of a role in that decision.

Anyways, this is a solid mock, though I think there's a realistic chance Laurinaitis slips and we wouldn't have to trade back up for him. I'm not crazy enough about him to want to trade a second and a third to move up and take him, even if we still get a fourth in the deal. If he slips to us in round two, take him. If not, go another direction. My only other complaint would be waiting so long to address WR. Otherwise, solid work.

Uhh, they released Pace because he had a massive cap figure. I don't think Barron played much of a role in that decision.

I have to disagree nick.
    If they were to release Holt, along with some other semi-high cap numbers like Becht, draft, maybe even tinoisamoa then they could have kept Orlando.
    Obviously, the huge cap hit was a concern, but they would not release him if they did not think they would have an adequate replacement by the start of the season.
    I just think that Devaney made it a point in that radio interview to say who was going to LT.
    It could be a smokescreen, so teams don't think we were going LT, we shall see.
    Makes for good fodder until April 25th!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Obviously, the huge cap hit was a concern, but they would not release him if they did not think they would have an adequate replacement by the start of the season.
    I agree, but again, you're the one claiming the move means they really think Barron can be the answer. I just don't see any reason to read that much into Devaney's comments. The Rams literally do not have another starting caliber tackle on their roster; of course Barron is going to move to the left side. Devaney probably made a point to say it because he knew he'd be asked about it, either in the interview or very soon after. It's either Barron, Greco, or Bell. The clear choice is Barron; choosing him in an obvious situation doesn't strike me as an indication they really think he's the answer. And again, if Pace's cap charge wasn't as high as it was, it's a moot point because he wouldn't have been released. Yes, the Rams could have sacrificed 3-4 other players who could still be quality reserves or situational guys on this team in order to have Pace for one more year, but I don't think that's smart football.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-11-2009 at 01:34 AM.

ecuram18 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Why is SLB his "best position"? How do we know that he won't do better in the Middle? These are questions that we don't know and the answer can go either way. Don't rule it out. Spags loves Curry; his type of play, his dedication, hard work, heart. It's still 50/50 in my eyes whether it's going to be Curry or Smith/Monroe.
    Last edited by ecuram18; -03-11-2009 at 01:29 PM.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: BarronWade's Rams mock draft

I don't think so, i see it the exact opposite.
    They see that any OT they get in round two can step in at RT immediately, if they go ahead and get Curry.
    Bingo. Bango.

The way it's looking to me as well. Of course, this could all be posturing, but...
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -03-11-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast