Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MarshallMarshall Guest

Re: BarronWade's Rams mock draft

Pretty good mock !!! I agree with Nick that trading up to get Laurinitus isn't that great of a move, we need all the picks we can get. I like the mention of Austin Collie I think he is really underrated, and I would be stoked to see him in a Rams uniform. I personally don't think we need to spend a high draft pick on a WR it's not our biggest hole the OL and the front 7 on D are our biggest needs. Remeber DEFENSE wins Championships not WR's.. Remember that.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    I don't think so, i see it the exact opposite.
    I think that they really think Barron can be the answer at his natural LT position, that is why they released pace.
    They see that any OT they get in round two can step in at RT immediately, if they go ahead and get Curry.
    I dont see Barron as our long term solution at LT.

are you forgetting that he had most of his problems metallly weather it be false starts or holding. I dont think moving him a few feet to the left on the OL will make him stop commiting false starts.

I am going to stress your phraise NATURAL POSITION. This is another example of what i mean by Curry the SLB. Spoon's natural position is WLB so we moved him back. Barron Struggled on the Right side so we are just going to move him to LT because we think he will have a significant change in production cuz it is his NATURAL POSITION? yea lets wait see his reaction when Bulger is yelling at him when it is 1st and 15.

I dont think just because Barron moves from right to left means he can suddenly know how to count to 3. and know what "hike on 3 means"

Quote Originally Posted by ecuram18 View Post
    Why is SLB his "best position"? How do we know that he won't do better in the Middle? These are questions that we don't know and the answer can go either way. Don't rule it out. Spags loves Curry; his type of play, his dedication, hard work, heart. It's still 50/50 in my eyes whether it's going to be Curry or Smith/Monroe.
    Well didnt witherspoon do better at MLB than WLB. If you dont belive me just look up spoon's career number on NFL.com (i cant post links) His seasons with the Rams (MLB) are way better than his seasons with the Panthers (WLB). So he is better as a MLB yet since WLB is his "natural position" (natural is a better way to say it than "best") we are movin him back. Sorry i dont want to spent the #2 pick in the draft on an SLB in Curry.

Curry's hard work and dedication as far as i know James Lauriniatis has a better work ethic and bigger heart and his natural position is MLB. Also Lauriniatis can step in and be a leader.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I dont think just because Barron moves from right to left means he can suddenly know how to count to 3. and know what "hike on 3 means"
    Okay, you've said this a couple of times now, so I'm just curious. Do you honestly believe Barron has problems counting? I'm trying to figure out if you really believe this or are just making the same joke repeatedly.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Especially when Barron's false starts were cut down significantly in 2008

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Especially when Barron's false starts were cut down significantly in 2008
    He only had two fewer false starts in 2008 (seven) than he did in 2007 (nine). If anything, he cut them down more from 2006 (thirteen) to 2007. But still, seven false starts remains pretty ridiculous. Of the other starting tackles I've looked at, especially the left side, it's still among the worst out there. Though Flozell Adams has been pretty bad the last two years. I digress though...

I've heard some speculate that it originates from him playing on the right side rather than his more natural side on the left, and he feels he has to get a quick jump so that he's not beaten to the edge by defensive ends. But even that doesn't seem to explain it to me because his 2007 total - when he spent the vast majority of the year replacing Pace at LT - was still high.

He'd probably be okay if he could get it down into the 3-5 range, but I'll believe it when I see it. Oh wait, I actually expect to see it this season, because it's a contract year so he'll probably show up with a good season so he can earn his money and then return to being unmotivated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12