39thebeast is offline Registered User

Beast 4.0 get ready!!

1. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Franchise QB. Has all the tools. Great leader, great work ethic, extremely smart, makes good reads, and pinpoint accuracy. Reports so far is the shoulder is all good, we just have to see him throw to confirm that. I suspect he will be in the top 3 on our board and QB trumps DT.

2. Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU

Many are projecting him to be a 3-4 OLB because of the size. He has the speed, burst, relentless, and explosion to make up for the lack of size. The Rams need someone who can get to the QB and it doesn't matter if that is a DE or a DT. Rams have guys like Adeyanju, Hall, and Long who are good against the run so he can focus on pass rushing initially. Long and Hughes will be a great combo in the future.

3. Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida

Going to have to get Bradford weapons. Mitchell has great size and speed. He can immediately come in and be a deep threat, but he has all the tools to develop into a complete NFL receiver. Adds down field playmaking ability the size the Rams receiving core needs.

4. (Traded for Tony Schefler)

He is on the block not a fit in Denver and he is good value for a 4th rounder. Great hands extremely athletic with good speed. Could be a crucial part of the offense especially with a rookie QB.

5. AJ Edds, OLB, Iowa

All around LB isn't overly athletic, but can bring the wood. Great coverage LB. Has the size spags wants in his LBs and could probably play all 3 spots. He will start of at WLB because that's where he needs it most.

5. Linval Joseph, DT, Eastern Carolina

Carriker, Scott, Ryan, Robbins Top 4 DTs not spectacular but could get the job done. Joseph has the size of Nose Tackle, but penetrates like 3 technique, something like Fred Robbins in his prime. Adds another rotational piece at DT.

6. Derek Hardman, OT, Eastern Kentucky

Small School OT can play at both tackle spots and be good depth.

7. Van Eksridge, FS, Eastern Carolina

Playmaking safety not outstanding physically, but is a great football player. Will be quality depth at safety and a good special teamer.

7. Mike Tepper, OL, Cal

Can play RT and guard. good depth on the o-line especially if Setterstrom isn't back.

Free Agents
    O.J. Otogwe, FS, Rams- It all gets worked out and the Rams bring back the playmaker in their secondary.

Rod Hood, CB, Titans- Vet with a ton of experience in the scheme and is a good press corner. Can start if called, but will be a good nickel behind Fletcher and Bartell

Mike Bell, RB, Saints- No compensation when signed. Tough physical runner, definately isn't a starter would be a great backup to S-Jax and cut his carry total

James Hall, DE, Ram- Vet knows system still provides some pass rush and is good against run.
    Danny Clark, LB, Giants- Vet knows system. Vobora is the starter, but he could push him.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Re: Beast 4.0 get ready!!

not sure, i think they should go Best in 2nd if hes their....and in the third....for for Jimmy Graham TE outta miami...

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    not sure, i think they should go Best in 2nd if hes their....and in the third....for for Jimmy Graham TE outta miami...
    Grahm is a nice prospect, but he is going to take time to develop extremely raw. Schefler is great value for a 4th rounder and gives a rookie QB an instant weapon who can contribute at a high level right now. I like Best, great player I just feel that the Rams have way to many needs to go RB in round 1-3. I don't think we have the luxury to go after a backup to a top back in this league that early, thats why I went the FA route with probably the best young guy available.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

I really like this draft, except do we really need another young up and coming WR? Couldn't we go DT or DE in round 3? Even OT would be nice since we need a new starting RT. HUGE fan of getting Tony Schefler though

richtree is offline Registered User

i gotta say that it is weak.

we need atheltes like Billy D said.

I not know if Hughes fits our system.

Carlton Mitchell is a real reach for someone that won't contribute immediately.

If you wanna go QB, DE, WR -- why not Bradford, Benn, Selvie, Scheffler, Moats, OL, CB, RB.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    i gotta say that it is weak.

we need atheltes like Billy D said.

I not know if Hughes fits our system.

Carlton Mitchell is a real reach for someone that won't contribute immediately.

If you wanna go QB, DE, WR -- why not Bradford, Benn, Selvie, Scheffler, Moats, OL, CB, RB.
    I dont think he ever said that. He did say we need playmakers. People who will score from far out and sack the QB. I think Mitchell and Hughes fit the bill.

How does Selvie fit the system if Hughes doesn't. Selvie hasn't done anything in a while and is smaller and slower not anywhere near Hughes. Benn is drastically overhyped just look at his career TD total even when his QB played well he didn't score alot. He is just as ready to contribute as Mitchell is

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Generally a good mock: I'd also go QB (although I prefer Clausen), then DE (whoever drops from the first round) in the first two rounds; Scheffler for a fourth is a steal. I can't see Edds dropping as far as the fifth, though, and I'd like to see us draft him, Watson or Bowman (should the latter drop that far) in the third round.

Can't complain about your later selections (all good depth guys in positions of need) or your Free Agency acquisitions at all!
    Last edited by DistantRam; -03-10-2010 at 07:11 PM.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    1. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    2. Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
    3. Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida
    4. (Traded for Tony Schefler)
    5. AJ Edds, OLB, Iowa
    5. Linval Joseph, DT, Eastern Carolina
    6. Derek Hardman, OT, Eastern Kentucky
    7. Van Eksridge, FS, Eastern Carolina
    7. Mike Tepper, OL, Cal

Free Agents

O.J. Otogwe, FS, Rams
    Rod Hood, CB, Titans
    Mike Bell, RB, Saints
    James Hall, DE, Ram
    Danny Clark, LB, Giants
    I am not big on Hughes in the second and I am not sold on how good Bradford will be (I am more sold on Suh and Dez Bryant). I do think its a good draft and especially after round 3. If we did not draft Hughes I would also try to resign Little for one more year along with Hall and draft DE next year.

I like your draft but here are three other rounds 1-3 I like more.

Favorite Option:
    1. Suh DT
    2. McNab QB (Trade to Phily)
    3. Carlton Mitchell WR
    4-7 your draft (replace your DT with OL or DE)

Second Option:
    1. Dez Bryant WR (Might be able to trade down and get him)
    2. McNab QB (Trade to Phily)
    3. Chris Cook CB 6'2 212 4.46 40 (Good size and speed and can play CB or S)
    4-7 your draft (replace your FS with OL or DE)

Third Option:
    1. Bradford QB
    2. Demaryius Thomas WR 6'3 230
    3. Chris Cook CB
    4-7 your draft (replace your FS with OL or DE)
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-11-2010 at 08:32 AM.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I am a huge proponent of drafting a guy like Jerry Hughes for the Rams but you can get that sort of talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds usually. I like Jan Jorgensen in the 5th or 6th. In the 4-3, Hughes is a part time player and a 2nd rounder is a massive commitment for a guy you really don't see being a starter. That's why he's a 2nd round prospect as a 3-4 OLB. Still, I love the idea of getting slightly undersized speed rushers in the later rounds. I think that model is highly under utilized in the NFL. Look at Leonard Little as a perfect example. He was drafted in the 3rd without really any DE expectations because he'd been moved to MLB at Tennessee.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -03-11-2010 at 06:36 AM.